Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More than a dark horse

Started by hoggusamoungus, January 08, 2015, 09:41:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Nice article.  He did say A&M has to play us in Fayetteville which is wrong of course but lots of props for the Hogs. 

Hawgey-Davidson

Excited for 2015. Thanks for the link.

younghog

VERY NICE READ.. On Point..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Hoggish1

TAMU does not have to play in Fayetteville.  But, I'll forgive that minor oversight.

azhog10

WBC Hog

All this talk is already making for a long offseason.

-signing day
-spring game
-NFL draft
-summer workouts

And then it will be time for some smash mouth Razorback football!  :razorback: :razorback:

RedyorNot

Two nice "dark horse" articles in two days with this one and SB Nation's. Love having this type of exposure period but really love it this close to signing day. Hope it makes an impression on several of the high-end recruits we are pursuing that may be on the fence.

HogMantheIntruder

Awesome read!  I fully expected to open this thread and it be an enjoyable, albeit overly optimistic, rant by one of our own.  This kind of love from a sporting news outlet is awesome for the program.  CBB deserves a TON of credit for the great press we've been getting this year.  He's a great coach, but he's also becoming a media darling.  He's like the Anti-Petrino in that sense, and it's starting to permeate every aspect of the program.  LOVE IT!!!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

DeltaBoy

Good read and Ed always been pretty nice to us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 08, 2015, 10:39:00 am
TAMU does not have to play in Fayetteville.  But, I'll forgive that minor oversight.

Yep. Razorback Stadium-Southwest.
This is my non-signature signature.

pigture perfect

Thanks for the link. Really like this coming out so close to signing day.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazrBakr

Not to be a, "Debbie's-downer" but last time press started calling us a "dark-horse", BP wreck his scooter and Grandpa John L. was named interim HC.  😬😬😬. Please don't jinks it!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Mike_e

Quote from: RazrBakr on January 08, 2015, 12:49:16 pm
Not to be a, "Debbie's-downer" but last time press started calling us a "dark-horse", BP wreck his scooter and Grandpa John L. was named interim HC.  😬😬😬. Please don't jinks it!

Not to worry, CBB keeps his tall, leggy, good looking blond at home.

No motorcycle or ticked off SOs to push him off of it.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: RazrBakr on January 08, 2015, 12:49:16 pm

Coming off an 11-2 year and with Wilson, Hamilton, DJohnson and Kniles returning, we were a favorite, not a dark horse.  Unfortunately, crap and a pitiful D happened.

popcornhog

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=96672&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%22%7D

SIAP

After a very strong finish to 2014, Arkansas should enter the new year oozing the type of confidence exhibited by its head coach. The Bret Bielema tenacity showcased in games and on social media has bled into his players. What was a relatively soft group before he took over has transformed into one of the league's most physical teams on both sides of the ball. Teams hurt and will continue to hurt against Arkansas.
WPS

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Mike Irwin

The national media has been high on Arkansas for quite some time. Things have changed a lot since all of that stuff in 2013 about Bielema and the hurry up offenses.

Vildsvin

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=585509.0

Heaven forbid anyone look for another thread about 2015 dark horses before creating a new one.

I look forward to the 4 or 5 new threads about next year's dark horses that are sure to come

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 09, 2015, 01:25:55 am

Heaven forbid anyone look for another thread about 2015 dark horses before creating a new one.

I look forward to the 4 or 5 new threads about next year's dark horses that are sure to come

Heaven forbid you read the links and notice they are two different articles.   

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 09, 2015, 01:25:55 am

The other is Bleacher Report, this one is ESPN.
Go Hogs Go!

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

KennyForAD

As long as Long is here, all you will see is love for the Hogs.  No one wants to get on that dude's hit list.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 09, 2015, 09:26:35 pm
As long as Long is here, all you will see is love for the Hogs.  No one wants to get on that dude's hit list.

This has nothing to do with Long.  Arkansas is a trendy team to talk up right now, much like Ole Miss was at this point last year.

stacking

3kgthog

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 09, 2015, 09:26:35 pm

Jeff wields power over no one. ESPN has more power over Jeff than the other way around. They are a media empire with a mighty pen. Jeff is just one AD that happens to serve on a committee that's only relevant 5 months out of the year. Frightening!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DukeOfPork on January 09, 2015, 10:59:25 pm
This has nothing to do with Long.  Arkansas is a trendy team to talk up right now, much like Ole Miss was at this point last year.

And we see how that ended up

gmarv

yeah but ole miss built theres on sand, cbb is getting the rock foundation in place our day is almost here.(2015) here we come

PonderinHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 09, 2015, 07:43:56 am
The other is Bleacher Report, this one is ESPN.
That's a dark horse of a different color!