Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas St in 2016

Started by ricepig, January 07, 2015, 02:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

@McMurphyESPN:Texas State announces road game at Arkansas in 2016; home/home series w/Houston in 2015-16

ldfergu

Good ol San Marvelous as my friend calls it. Been there once, good college town

EastexHawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 07, 2015, 02:07:29 pm
Good ol San Marvelous as my friend calls it. Been there once, good college town

There are three things to do there:

1. Get drunk/party
2. Go to Austin
3. Go to San Antonio

hogsanity

January 07, 2015, 02:10:43 pm #3 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:37:52 pm by hogsanity
oh goodie, yet another game with a team from Texas. Does no one realize they do play football in the other states?

If I am not mistaken that means in 2016 the Hogs will play TCU, Texas St and A&M. Hard to expand the footprint when you keep putting on a smaller shoe.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ZERO

I don't think recruiting exposure works the same way when you're playing a rent-a-win. We play Michigan in 2017 don't we?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

under_par

I believe that we play TCU in 2016/2017, Mich in 17/18

rljjr

Love Texas State. Great school. Great location. 50,000 students. Will be a nice rent-a-win. Too bad we don't get the return trip to San Marcos for the river alone.

JackJohnson

I like it! 

Dennis Franchione is the HC and former Ark DC John Thompson is the DC.  Should be a well coached team that will help prepare us for conference play

DeltaBoy

Fran had a good year this year at TX STATE!  7-5 this year.

Texas State Bobcats
7-5, 4th in Sun Belt
Scores & Schedule
Sat, Aug 30
vs
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
W 0 - 65
Final
Sat, Sep 13
vs
Navy
L 35 - 21
Final
Sat, Sep 20
@
Illinois
L 35 - 42
Final
Sat, Sep 27
@
Tulsa
W 37 - 34
Final
Sat, Oct 4
vs
Idaho
W 30 - 35
Final
Tue, Oct 14
vs
Louisiana-Lafayette
L 34 - 10
Final
Sat, Oct 25
@
Louisiana-Monroe
W 22 - 18
Final
Sat, Nov 1
@
New Mexico State
W 37 - 29
Final
Sat, Nov 8
vs
Georgia Southern
L 28 - 25
Final
Sat, Nov 15   @   South Alabama   L 20 - 24   Final
Thu, Nov 20   vs   Arkansas State   W 27 - 45   Final
Sat, Nov 29   @   Georgia State   W 54 - 31   Final
All times are in Central Time
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

San Marcos is a great place...and the Bobcats are not just a rent-a-win.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Divot

Wildhog

Why the hell would we go TO UH?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2015, 02:10:43 pm
TCU, Texas St and A&M

2016 Republic of Texas National Champions!

DLUXHOG

oh goodie, yet another game with a team from Texas. Does no one realize they do play football in the other states?

If I am not mistaken that means in 2016 the Hogs will play TCU, Texas St and A&M. Hard to expand the footprint when you keep putting on a smaller shoe.

Texas A&M - largest
Texas State - ~ 36,000 enrolled..
TCU - smallest by far, but private = $$$$
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Uncommon

It's saying Texas State will play at Arkansas in 2016 and Texas State will play a home and home series against Houston in 2015 and 2016.

What are you guys reading?

Our 2015 non conference schedule is set with UT Martin, UTEP, Toledo, and Texas Tech.

2016 is looking like Texas State, TCU, and 2 others to be determined later.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 07, 2015, 04:29:52 pm

We don't, he was tweeting this from Texas State's schedule, they have a home and home with Houston.

rljjr

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 07, 2015, 04:26:54 pm

True. I overstated the ease of victory, but recognize there is no way we should lose. I like the job Coach Fran has done down there.

Wildhog

Quote from: Uncommon on January 07, 2015, 04:33:10 pm
It's saying Texas State will play at Arkansas in 2016 and Texas State will play a home and home series against Houston in 2015 and 2016.

I misread it.  I thought WE were having a home/home with UH. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jacobp

ricepig

You are correct.

MTBrookHog

Our 2015 non conference schedule is set with UT Martin, UTEP, Toledo, and Texas Tech.

I would like to see a home/home with a west coast team added for recruiting.

Jborohog09

Quote from: MTBrookHog on January 07, 2015, 04:38:56 pm
I would like to see a home/home with a west coast team added for recruiting.

Not going to happen for 2016.  Louisiana Tech is listed as one of the other two games remaining for 2016 on fbschedules.com.

ricepig

Quote from: Jborohog09 on January 07, 2015, 04:48:51 pm
Not going to happen for 2016.  Louisiana Tech is listed as one of the other two games remaining for 2016 on fbschedules.com.
We aren't going to do any home and homes until after the Michigan series in 2019.

Inhogswetrust

Good grief.......If we had signed up to play Western Nebraska someone would have complained.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dwight_K_Shrute

In 2015 the Hogs will also play 3 teams from Texas UTEP TxTech and A&M
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2015, 05:16:26 pm
Good grief…….If we had signed up to play Western Nebraska someone would have complained.

Why are we playing Western Nebraska.  They do nothing to help recruiting.  Jeez might as well play UT Martin.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 07, 2015, 05:32:56 pm
Why are we playing Western Nebraska.  They do nothing to help recruiting.  Jeez might as well play UT Martin.

I know. I was referring to the fact someone else was complaining about playing tejas teams.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WorfHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2015, 05:16:26 pm
Good grief.......If we had signed up to play Western Nebraska someone would have complained.

"Keep that money it state and just play A-State"

:puke:

Pork Twain

January 07, 2015, 06:22:26 pm #28 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:15:21 pm by Pork Twain
NM
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

oldfart

Pork Twain

Your clarity is Uncommon.  Should have read all the posts before I replied to any of them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Piggfoot

The lack of insight by some posters here continually amaze me.
Houston Texas, has 6 million people. It is the fourth largest city in the US. It is reasonably close to Fayetteville thus allowing parents the ability to see their sons play. I would like to see a home and home with Rice and UH every year.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 07, 2015, 08:01:35 pm
The lack of insight by some posters here continually amaze me.
Houston Texas, has 6 million people. It is the fourth largest city in the US. It is reasonably close to Fayetteville thus allowing parents the ability to see their sons play. I would like to see a home and home with Rice and UH every year.
Nooooooooooooooo!

popcornhog

WPS

Hogarusa

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 07, 2015, 05:32:56 pm

I lived in Western Nebraska.  McCook is a solid B program with some good athletes.  Would be an awful Drive for Hog fans if we did a home and home.  ChaDron St did go 8-3 this year
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Wildhog on January 07, 2015, 04:29:52 pm

We used to every other year when we (and UH) were members of the SWC.   Can't accurately remember but I think the game was actually played in the Astrodome back then....

DeltaBoy

It would be good to add Houston back to the schedule.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ZERO

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 07, 2015, 04:26:54 pm

What? Seriously?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 07, 2015, 05:47:53 pm
I know. I was referring to the fact someone else was complaining about playing tejas teams.

Not complaining about playing a team from Texas, complaining about playing THREE teams from Texas.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2015, 07:51:37 am
It would be good to add Houston back to the schedule.

Why don't we just petition to form a new conference out of only Texas teams, and then the Hogs could be the only non-texas team in it...........Oh wait, that already existed and imploded.

DeltaBoy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102517/

Necessary Roughness was a great one.  Kathy Ireland was the hot kicker.

Cresthog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 07, 2015, 04:33:41 pm
I misread it.  I thought WE were having a home/home with UH. 

We aren't Mizzou man.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 07, 2015, 09:26:21 pm
We used to every other year when we (and UH) were members of the SWC.   Can't accurately remember but I think the game was actually played in the Astrodome back then....

In the first year, '76, UA played UH at Rice Stadium, which had previously hosted a Super Bowl. Thereafter, we played UH in the Dome.

ricepig

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on January 08, 2015, 09:21:10 am
In the first year, '76, UA played UH at Rice Stadium, which had previously hosted a Super Bowl. Thereafter, we played UH in the Dome.

I was there, a group of us drove down to the game, it was my first road trip game as a freshman.

DeltaBoy

Kathy Ireland was one of my favorite pin ups from the mid 1980's till I got married.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2015, 12:04:40 pm
Kathy Ireland was one of my favorite pin ups from the mid 1980's till I got married.

This was mine....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ZERO on January 08, 2015, 08:20:24 am
What? Seriously?

No doubt we should win this by double digits, but they are a far cry from Nic State.

And, yes, San Marcos is a cool town!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Our Superintendent played Football at Texas State and will be ribbing me till we thump them. 

ZERO

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 08, 2015, 12:22:16 pm
No doubt we should win this by double digits, but they are a far cry from Nic State.

And, yes, San Marcos is a cool town!

I wasn't doubtful that San Marcos is a cool town. But come on. Texas State is a Sun Belt team that has a whole three years of FBS football logged in the books.