Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are the new contract details out on all of the coaches?

Started by The NewEra, January 07, 2015, 10:02:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

I know Robb Smith's is out.  Coach B said he was working on new contracts with coaches he's identified.  It would be interesting to see whose contract has not been re-worked.  That might help us identify which coaches he felt needed to show some more improvement at their positions.  It could also show us which coaches may not be willing to sign a new contract that would have a non-compete in the SEC clause built into it.

I would love to see Jennings and Pittman's contracts extended also.  Very probably Segrest and Lunney.  It's hard to argue with two 1,000 yard running backs, so I would think Thomas also. 

It seems Michael Smith and Cheney might need to show some more improvements at their areas of responsibility this year, but I certainly don't know what coach B is seeing and how he views them.  Clearly when you lack the play makers and speed guys you are limited on what you can do offensively.

I was just curious to know if all of the contract extension or revisions have been released, or are there more to come?

ricepig

No, they haven't, and when they are, it will more than likely come from a FOI from the media. That may be why Anderson's details were released yesterday, but signed on Dec. 3rd.

IBleedRazorbackRed

My guess is everyone got raises except Chaney, Smith, and Thomas.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2015, 10:05:30 am
No, they haven't, and when they are, it will more than likely come from a FOI from the media. That may be why Anderson's details were released yesterday, but signed on Dec. 3rd.

Thanks!

longpig

I'd say Smith and Thomas's areas of the offense had a dynamic in the last few games that wasn't there before, just not the turn around Segrest and Jennings produced. If anything, the WR's outperformed the TE's in Houston.
Don't be scared, be smart.

jackflash

I would say it my be hard for Thomas to recruit a RB with Williams, Collins taking most of the snaps. With Losing Marshall may help him. Gettings maybe the only one he can get to committ

PorkRinds

Quote from: jackflash on January 08, 2015, 01:48:20 pm
I would say it my be hard for Thomas to recruit a RB with Williams, Collins taking most of the snaps. With Losing Marshall may help him. Gettings maybe the only one he can get to committ

We already have a good RB committed.

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 08, 2015, 02:31:40 pm
We already have a good RB committed.
I think I seen where we are only going to sign one running back in this class.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The NewEra

Quote from: BR on January 08, 2015, 04:23:37 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackfb-assistants-sign-contract-extensions-01-08-2015

NEW Contracts

I just saw this on twitter also.  Thanks!

As I suspected, there seems to be a little delay with Chaney, Smith and Thomas on the offensive side of the ball.  I'm glad we have Lunney locked up.  Now we can sit back and see if the coaches are interviewing, or if they are just finalizing the small print in the contracts.

It's great to see we have everyone on the defensive side of the ball locked-up with exception to the one replacement hire Coach B is working on.

Fayettechill14

R. Smith (DC): $750k plus $50k per year
Jennings (DBs): $350k (was $320k)
Lunney (TEs): $240k (was $200k)
Pittman (OL): $525k (was $500k)

All from Robbie Neiswanger on Twitter.

The NewEra

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 08, 2015, 04:32:39 pm
R. Smith (DC): $750k plus $50k per year
Jennings (DBs): $350k (was $320k)
Lunney (TEs): $240k (was $200k)
Pittman (OL): $525k (was $500k)

All from Robbie Neiswanger on Twitter.

Thanks for the specifics Fayettechill14

Fayettechill14

Segrest: $240k (was $225k)
Herbert: $330k (was $300k) plus $10k raises in 2015 and 2016

No details yet on Chaney, Thomas, Smith.

ricepig

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 08, 2015, 04:43:50 pm
Segrest: $240k (was $225k)
Herbert: $330k (was $300k) plus $10k raises in 2015 and 2016

No details yet on Chaney, Thomas, Smith.

Herbert is for 2015, 2016, 2017.

ricepig

tophawg19

Segrest could have been higher based on the D-LINE play
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AugustaHog

I truly believe that as we see our talent pool improve at WR, we will be more pleased with Michael Smith's work.  We are adding some really good players in this recruiting class for him to work with.  I'm willing to give him a couple more years.  He was also responsible for bringing in those talented LA kids (Toliver, Ramirez, Eugene, etc.) last year.  I'm glad to see we are getting this locked up so that we can proceed with finishing this recruiting class.

The NewEra

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 08, 2015, 05:12:05 pm
I truly believe that as we see our talent pool improve at WR, we will be more pleased with Michael Smith's work.  We are adding some really good players in this recruiting class for him to work with.  I'm willing to give him a couple more years.  He was also responsible for bringing in those talented LA kids (Toliver, Ramirez, Eugene, etc.) last year.  I'm glad to see we are getting this locked up so that we can proceed with finishing this recruiting class.

I just heard Coach B on the radio and it's just a matter of the paperwork going through the proper channels with the rest of the coaches. We will have them all locked up soon.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moses_007

1HourToHogville

OU is looking at Chaney.  Just an interest and one of several Stoops is checking out.

tractorengineer

Anybody know how Herbs new salary compares to other S&C coaches in SEC? I have seen comparisons on coordinators and some of other assistants vs their SEC peers but not sure about Herb.  Is role is so critical i am hoping he is fairly compensated and enjoying his time on the hill and not looking to move on.