Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Longhorn fan reflects on Texas Bowl [VIDEO]

Started by ravmsem, January 07, 2015, 12:15:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ravmsem

I stumbled across this video and it got me really excited about the direction of our program. Since things are a little slow on Hogville, I figured I'd spread some cheer.  I can definitely relate to the way he feels and I don't want to go back anytime soon!  We have a lot to be thankful for.  Meanwhile, the fall can't get here soon enough!

http://youtu.be/FBAtmNhvf6M

I loved what he said about Arkansas in the second half!  Hahaha!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: ravmsem on January 07, 2015, 12:15:04 am
I stumbled across this video and it got me really excited about the direction of our program. Since things are a little slow on Hogville, I figured I'd spread some cheer.  I can definitely relate to the way he feels and I don't want to go back anytime soon!  We have a lot to be thankful for.  Meanwhile, the fall can't get here soon enough!

http://youtu.be/FBAtmNhvf6M

I loved what he said about Arkansas in the second half!  Hahaha!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

sickboy

When the video started, I was expecting an incoherent and drunkenly stammering diatribe... However, he turned out to be coherent and articulate.

davglo35

You can also watch his Texas bowl preview. He was dead on about everything except us beating auburn. He knows how much hog fans hate the longhorns. Seems like a guy I wouldn't mind watching college football with.

pigture perfect

That was interesting. I bet he is a poster on Shaggybevo. Reading all 48 pages of the game thread made me realize how bad the Texas folks have it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LZH

Quote from: sickboy on January 07, 2015, 01:12:34 am
When the video started, I was expecting an incoherent and drunkenly stammering diatribe... However, he turned out to be coherent and articulate.

Exactly...me too.  He's no dummy.

Fwiw, I still say Charlie Strong isn't the right guy for the Texas job.

LAHogfan123

So there are smart Texas fans, who knew!  I was expecting something completely different when I clicked on the link but this guy doesn't have Bevo's manure for brains like some Texas fans I've ran into, he knows his team and knew from the get go that drawing the Hogs was going to be a bad omen.  I like a fan of another School that you can actually set down with and watch a game with and not just be full of excuses when the game goes bad for his team, he identified the problems of his team, and was very well aware of the success that Arkansas is starting to show under CBB, even stating that know way is Arkansas the bottom of the SEC. Very good things on the horizon for our Hogs guys.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Youngsta71701

Wow! A Texas fan actually sounding like he knows what he's talking about :o

:razorback: ::hornsdown::
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

TDHawgs

I watched that video a couple days ago, and the guy is as realistic of a fan as can be. He knew that once they announced the bowl games, that getting the Razorbacks, wasn't good and fully expected a loss. What he didn't realize is how bad we would beat them, and kept their offense to 59 total yards for the game. That's what shocked him the most, and he gave mad props to our program. I truly believe Texas will be back with Strong before long, and glad we got them before he gets his pieces in place.

litmachog

Is it just me or is it hard to watch that video with all that burnt orange?

litmachog

What is more fun is to watch his bowl game preview and then watch this one.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: litmachog on January 07, 2015, 09:07:34 am
Is it just me or is it hard to watch that video with all that burnt orange?
I was hoping it would end soon cause that burnt orange was making me sick at my stomach before breakfast. :puke:

ChicoHog

I like that guy.  Would be nice if we had a Hog fan do that on You Tube.  Very objective about his team. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hoghelmet14

If you can read lips..... and you dvr'd the game.... go back to the texas fan in the crowd right after the fumble in the endzone we recovered for the TD!  LMBO
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

HammusArkansus

Per the video, "I knew when we drew Arkansas it wasn't going to be pretty".  I've felt this way too many times regarding the teams Arkansas was playing.  Made my day when this Longhorn fan said it about our Hogs.  Let's finish off with a good recruiting class and tear into the 2015 season.  Go Hogs!!!!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HammusArkansus on January 07, 2015, 10:35:53 am
Per the video, "I knew when we drew Arkansas it wasn't going to be pretty".  I've felt this way too many times regarding the teams Arkansas was playing.  Made my day when this Longhorn fan said it about our Hogs.  Let's finish off with a good recruiting class and tear into the 2015 season.  Go Hogs!!!!

Thank you BandNerd! ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

[attachment deleted by admin]

wildturkey8

I thought the young man handled himself with class.

DeltaBoy

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: wildturkey8 on January 07, 2015, 10:53:00 am

Yes he sure did

Hogsnort

This Longhorn fan is being brutally honest and I can't help but agree with his commentary. I'm thinking Charlie Strong was a good hire for the Horns even though it has been a tough year for them.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hogsnort on January 07, 2015, 11:05:43 am
This Longhorn fan is being brutally honest and I can't help but agree with his commentary. I'm thinking Charlie Strong was a good hire for the Horns even though it has been a tough year for them.

They need to continue to be a losing record team no matter who the coach is. Down with the horns!

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback:

Hogsnort

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 07, 2015, 11:09:18 am

They need to continue to be a losing record team no matter who the coach is. Down with the horns!

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: :razorback:
I understand your sentiment but I look at it this way:

The better their record...the sweeter the win. :razorback: ::hornsdown::

WizardofhOgZ

I see the Longhorn pillow in the background, and I'm wondering "is that HIS pillow, or is he really doing this video on his kid's computer?"

ravmsem

Quote from: wildturkey8 on January 07, 2015, 10:53:00 am

I agree...and think about it, he posted this right after the game!  There's no way I could record a video like that right after a beatdown.  It would take me a couple of days. 

Here is a video of another guy who doesn't have as much composure or patience for the Big 12, or his beloved Longhorns...he had me belly rolling!  He talks a little more about the history of Arkansas/Texas rivalry.  I thought he was going to choke slam the camera.

Check the VIDEO out here:

http://youtu.be/SoOYH-OpMD4

jkstock04

I have watched this guy before...he's been doing commentary for years. He's abnormally objective for a fan.

He is correct to be concerned about Texas' offense and the qb situation. Our offensive worries are child's play compared to the Longhorns. Dire situation if you ask me. If they tank again next year I look for Strong to get canned.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

reddogjcss

Good comments!
If they will give Charlie 3 years he will win Big 12
4 years he will have them in the NC mix.

reddogjcss

Funny thing is: It's going to take an Arky to strighten out that mess.
Talent with no discipline is terrible.

litmachog

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 07, 2015, 12:42:03 pm
Good comments!

Sounds good.  Let him take them to the Championship game only to lose to a power running Hog football team 31-7.

incHOGnito

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 07, 2015, 12:42:03 pm
Good comments!

If Texas wins the BIG XII, they will be in the playoff.  It would be like keeping an undefeated Notre Dame out of the playoff.  No matter how bad their schedule and how they barely squeaked by, they would get in.  We already saw it with Ohio State.  They played an easier schedule and beat less ranked teams than TCU, but when push came to shove they made it in. 

COCHISE

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 07, 2015, 09:59:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzxJXOrT_Z4

He called it before the GAME  Hogs roll!
One of the most beautiful sound bites these ears have ever heard.

TheRazorbackGuy

To Hell with the Longhorns.  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

ChicoHog

Quote from: incHOGnito on January 07, 2015, 01:03:26 pm
If Texas wins the BIG XII, they will be in the playoff.  It would be like keeping an undefeated Notre Dame out of the playoff.  No matter how bad their schedule and how they barely squeaked by, they would get in.  We already saw it with Ohio State.  They played an easier schedule and beat less ranked teams than TCU, but when push came to shove they made it in. 
Only if they win the Big 12 going undefeated or maybe one loss.  Also we need Texas to be good to take some of the spotlight off A&M and damage their instate recruiting.  right now A&M is the "it" team in Texas.  I want them to be the doormat they used to be and play second fiddle to the Longhorns so the best kids will not want to go there and maybe consider Arkansas instead if they want to play in the SEC. 

pigture perfect

I love watching whining longhorns fans. Please post all of them you find.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

TXArcher

This came from TexasBowhunter.com-

How do you make Texas Longhorn cookies.

Put in a big bowl and beat for 3 hours.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Attila the Hog

I just can't believe there actually is a coherent Longwhorn fan.