Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today was the end of Beliema

Started by NorthDallas40, October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldArmy94

I guess my concern would be that Bielema could end up being another Dennis Franchione at A&M.  He was successful at Bama, but flopped with the Aggies.  There is no discernible reason for the failure of a coach who had succeeded at a previous job; it just seems to happen.

However, I STILL believe in Bielema and think he was a very good hire.  Don't let the magnitude of today's loss mislead you into thinking that he doesn't have the program headed in the right direction.  Everyone on here was crowing about how good the team looked against A&M, and rightly so.  But, just as that victory didn't really tell the whole story of how good or bad Arkansas is, the blowout today doesn't tell you either.  The hard part is waiting, but the Hog fans are just gonna have to sit tight for a couple of seasons.

hogcoots

It is not about wins and losses in the first year.  Only the most optimistic had us above 5 to 6 wins.  Personally, I have us at 4 wins this year.  The reason that I believe that this coach will receive less time than many think is the lack of fundamental improvement week to week.  It appears that the longer this season goes on the worse we get fundamentally.  Our lack of discipline is appalling.  If you are losing games but the team is competing hard and playing fundamentally sound, then you cut the coaches some slack and allow time to get their players in the system.  When you do not see basic improvement and the team appears to quit competing, then your problems go deeper than simply execution and talent.  If next year produces the same lack of improvement that we are seeing this year coupled with further losses, then I contend that the divorce proceedings will commence sometime mid-season behind the scenes.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 06:31:19 pm
Is it ridiculous to desire a team show some improvement week to week? Is it ridiculous to think a coach might light up players making mistakes down 3 or 4 scores? I'm not trying to fight with you or others: Just asking.
Im ok with expecting improvement. .which I have seen...I see the talent we have played has got increasingly tougher...I believe a coach should be allowed a few years to get his team into place. ...Petrino was not a fantastic recruiter and we don't quite have the number of athletes we need to compete.   Let coach bb have 2 seasons before calling for his head

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

grayhawg

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 06:59:20 pm
I'd love this. Can I be President? Just give me 3 years before you complain.
Why not, Obammer has had 5 years and some are still in love with him.

OldCoot

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm
Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

You can't have more than one sign in on hogville.

chortle

Quote from: hogcoots on October 12, 2013, 05:57:25 pm
If he has a losing record next year, he will not see year 3.

Incorrect. Jeff Long will give him a contract extension, you know, the golden handcuffs.

This bad fit is all on Long. We will never beat the Bama's and LSU's of the world at their own game. Long grabbed up Beilema cause he couldn't score anybody else. We all know how Petrino fell in his lap.

If it weren't for the complete used tampon that our basketball program had become, I wouldn't have even been excited about the Mike Anderson hire in basketball. But he was a major upgrade over what we had and had Arkansas ties.

The bottom line is Jeff Long couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight when it comes to hiring coaches. This is on him.

He has made his bed, and will die in it in a couple of more years.

the END.

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on October 12, 2013, 07:03:02 pm
Im ok with expecting improvement. .which I have seen...I see the talent we have played has got increasingly tougher...I believe a coach should be allowed a few years to get his team into place. ...Petrino was not a fantastic recruiter and we don't quite have the number of athletes we need to compete.   Let coach bb have 2 seasons before calling for his head

I can completely agree with that. He needs time to get who he wants here. I'd just like to SEE something that tells me he's committed. And for all I know he's pistol-whipping the LB's right now. But what I SEE is docile white jacket Bell's palsy face on the sidelines. And players not really, you know, playing.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: chortle on October 12, 2013, 07:08:08 pm

Incorrect. Jeff Long will give him a contract extension, you know, the golden handcuffs.

This bad fit is all on Long. We will never beat the Bama's and LSU's of the world at their own game. Long grabbed up Beilema cause he couldn't score anybody else. We all know how Petrino fell in his lap.

If it weren't for the complete used tampon that our basketball program had become, I wouldn't have even been excited about the Mike Anderson hire in basketball. But he was a major upgrade over what we had and had Arkansas ties.

The bottom line is Jeff Long couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight when it comes to hiring coaches. This is on him.

Off to Crazytown.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

OldCoot

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 12, 2013, 06:39:54 pm
I've been recycling (cramming in a cabinet and forgetting about it) paper/plastic grocery bags for longer than most of you have been alive.  Believe me when I say carrying your own bags to the store will never catch on.  I have tried for years to do this to save cabinet space but it just makes me nervous walking into a store with a bag.  People look at me like I'm going to rob them or something.  Alas, I will continue not bringing bags to the grocery store with me and cramming them into the same cabinets only disposing of them when it is no longer physically possible to fit any more bags in that space.

Smartest post in the thread.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 07:09:27 pm
I can completely agree with that. He needs time to get who he wants here. I'd just like to SEE something that tells me he's committed. And for all I know he's pistol-whipping the LB's right now. But what I SEE is docile white jacket Bell's palsy face on the sidelines. And players not really, you know, playing.

Hopefully he doesn't worry too much about what the fans SEE.  Because fans don't have a clue.  Coaching for the fans is a good way to end up sitting with them.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 06:53:15 pm
The Pac-12 is pretty good, and it's pretty hard to win anywhere with only 2/3 the scholarships of everyone else.  I'm not saying Kiffin is a great great coach, but what he did with their restrictions wasn't too shabby.
Please do not reference the fact that he was working with only 55 scholies there while every other program had 85. Thanks.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pathogen

Quote from: Dude on October 12, 2013, 07:08:00 pm
You can't have more than one sign in on hogville.

Be careful what you post.  This guy has power.  He can flaunt the rules because he is the most mysterious man in the world.

carolinahogger

This is not the end of Bielema.  This squad lacks the talent to compete in the SEC.  He is not to blame for that.

the END.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 07:10:38 pm
Hopefully he doesn't worry too much about what the fans SEE.  Because fans don't have a clue.  Coaching for the fans is a good way to end up sitting with them.

So you believe he's behind the scenes drawing up Bo Jackson up the middle Tecmo Bowl plays and we as fans are just inept and uninformed. Then show me on the field the things I can't see with my eyes.

spiritof92

hog911

Quote from: Oliver on October 12, 2013, 05:44:03 pm
Bielema is on borrowed time.  He'll get 4 or 5 years but he'll never succeed here
Starting to agree strongly!

the END.

I don't mean to be a lady cleansing part. But just trying to make a cogent argument for those here that are frustrated to anger and can't post sensibly or sober.

Boardon Hamsay

I feel comfortable now in saying the life of everyone in this thread depends upon just one thing: finding someone back there who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogzz1

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 12, 2013, 06:37:32 pm
He's 71-28 so far so why this prognosis?
#1.  That's the big ten - we all were killing it before he came here - it really hasn't been that strong.  Just look at the schedule he played during his years there.  Remember too, that Michigan was way down compared to their name recognition
#2.  Watching the first 7 games - I don't care as much that we lost but the fact we look lost as a team, and have not improved does concern me. O

He's got to prove it not just say it.  I wasn't thrilled with the hire, but thought the overall staff as a whole could make it work but nothing to this point shows that we have a great staff and yes we should see that, even in losses.  He's got at least 2 more years and maybe 3.  I will root for them, but over my years of watching, I know what the likely result will be. 

spiritof92

Quote from: rlh06 on October 12, 2013, 07:18:34 pm
I feel comfortable now in saying the life of everyone in this thread depends upon just one thing: finding someone back there who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

I only came to paint, mayne.

hog911

Quote from: chortle on October 12, 2013, 07:08:08 pm

Amen! You think just like me!!!! If Long has as much integrity as he claims he will resign
if we have three losing seasons in a row!!!!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 07:15:42 pm
So you believe he's behind the scenes drawing up Bo Jackson up the middle Tecmo Bowl plays and we as fans are just inept and uninformed. Then show me on the field the things I can't see with my eyes.

I have no idea what he's doing.  I have no clue how to coach major college football.  When they line up for an offensive play, I never know what route any particular receiver is supposed to run before the snap with the exception of the Hail Mary.  I don't know what is the best motivation technique for a single player on our team because I don't know them and have never seen a practice.  I don't know who has improved the most since spring, again because I haven't seen them practice.  I don't know what the coverage responsibilities on defense are before a single snap happens or what/when they should change the coverage pre-snap.  I don't know what the best way to block any particular defensive lineman on any other team or what their strengths/weaknesses are.  I don't know what the particular progressions for Brandon Allen are on any particular play. 

And neither do 99.9% of the posters here.  So none of us can tell you where to look for improvement, because just like you, we're ball watchers too who really don't know what is supposed to happen before the snap. 

I do know that talent usually wins, and experienced talent usually beats inexperienced.  I do know we played a ton of freshmen.  I do know that in sports, it usually takes a couple years for a coach to put a new system in, especially college with the practice limitations.  And I know we don't have the talent most of the other teams in the SEC have. 

I can also tell you this - Alabama is going to run us over, because they're more talented, they've been running the same system with the same head coach for awhile, and the have more experience at the most important position in football - quarterback.  Bret Bielema could be the 1996 Steve Spurrier and draw up all the greatest plays in the world, and the result would be the same.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hog911 on October 12, 2013, 07:22:13 pm
Amen! You think just like me!!!! If Long has as much integrity as he claims he will resign
if we have three losing seasons in a row!!!!

You two should move to the country, eat grass, dig holes.

NorthDallas40

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 07:24:13 pm
I have no idea what he's doing.  I have no clue how to coach major college football.  When they line up for an offensive play, I never know what route any particular receiver is supposed to run before the snap with the exception of the Hail Mary.  I don't know what is the best motivation technique for a single player on our team because I don't know them and have never seen a practice.  I don't know who has improved the most since spring, again because I haven't seen them practice.  I don't know what the coverage responsibilities on defense are before a single snap happens or what/when they should change the coverage pre-snap.  I don't know what the best way to block any particular defensive lineman on any other team or what their strengths/weaknesses are.  I don't know what the particular progressions for Brandon Allen are on any particular play. 

And neither do 99.9% of the posters here.  So none of us can tell you where to look for improvement, because just like you, we're ball watchers too who really don't know what is supposed to happen before the snap. 

I do know that talent usually wins, and experienced talent usually beats inexperienced.  I do know we played a ton of freshmen.  I do know that in sports, it usually takes a couple years for a coach to put a new system in, especially college with the practice limitations.  And I know we don't have the talent most of the other teams in the SEC have. 

I can also tell you this - Alabama is going to run us over, because they're more talented, they've been running the same system with the same head coach for awhile, and the have more experience at the most important position in football - quarterback.  Bret Bielema could be the 1996 Steve Spurrier and draw up all the greatest plays in the world, and the result would be the same.
Good post
So the question is can beliema ever match or overcome Bama.
Since we are second to last in recruiting in the SEC, the answer seems to be absolutely not.

the END.

Fatty. That's a long post to say you are unsure as well. But I appreciate it. No one questions the steamroll that the Tide brings. But could we have maybe for a time look momentarily like an SEC team?

We go to the Swamp and get beat. Can't ever beat them. I get it.

Then come home and get pulverized into pulp. In our stadium. Early in the day. On TV. At Homecoming. And look like a group of guys picked up off the MO-AR border hitch hiking to Cali?

It's completely acceptable to need time. It's unacceptable to be stabbed and bleed out all year long. I think all that people here that are whining the incorrect way is a glimmer. Something. Today gave nothing. If you found a bright spot today vs other days... Then you should be the next Tusk.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 07:36:28 pm
Good post
So the question is can beliema ever match or overcome Bama.
Since we are second to last in recruiting in the SEC, the answer seems to be absolutely not.

3 out of the last 4 years, no one has matched 'Bama. 

FBREW000

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 12, 2013, 06:26:56 pm
Morgan Freeman's voice:

I've been playing PS3 online longer than most of you under 5'2 and I played a major role in firing of a co-worker who was stealing all the sugar out of the break room.   I watch Coach Beilema on YouTube so much I feel I have a personal relationship with his dog skipper. So believe me when I say that recruiting to a specific coaches system does and will impact our future win/loss record in the seasons to come.

POST OF THE YEAR POTY!!!!

RazorbackRon

Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

TROLL and a DA
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 07:37:23 pm
Fatty. That's a long post to say you are unsure as well. But I appreciate it. No one questions the steamroll that the Tide brings. But could we have maybe for a time look momentarily like an SEC team?

We go to the Swamp and get beat. Can't ever beat them. I get it.

Then come home and get pulverized into pulp. In our stadium. Early in the day. On TV. At Homecoming. And look like a group of guys picked up off the MO-AR border hitch hiking to Cali?

It's completely acceptable to need time. It's unacceptable to be stabbed and bleed out all year long. I think all that people here that are whining the incorrect way is a glimmer. Something. Today gave nothing. If you found a bright spot today vs other days... Then you should be the next Tusk.

We are a 4-8 team who lost our QB, RB, and best WR from last year.  What did you think was going to happen this year?  Especially against a Top 10 team like South Carolina and one of the greatest college coaches of all time?

The home field advantage doesn't mean much in Razorback Stadium.  Or most stadiums. 

the END.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 07:40:00 pm
We are a 4-8 team who lost our QB, RB, and best WR from last year.  What did you think was going to happen this year?  Especially against a Top 10 team like South Carolina and one of the greatest college coaches of all time?

The home field advantage doesn't mean much in Razorback Stadium.  Or most stadiums. 

I never once in this or any thread predict a win or a loss. I asked a question that seemingly keeps being dodged. Was today better than the past 5 weeks? And again. I'm not arguing. Just asking. I mean after all, did we lose by 70 last week so this 52-7 is better?

grayhawg

Quote from: hogzz1 on October 12, 2013, 07:18:50 pm
#1.  That's the big ten - we all were killing it before he came here - it really hasn't been that strong.  Just look at the schedule he played during his years there.  Remember too, that Michigan was way down compared to their name recognition
#2.  Watching the first 7 games - I don't care as much that we lost but the fact we look lost as a team, and have not improved does concern me. O

He's got to prove it not just say it.  I wasn't thrilled with the hire, but thought the overall staff as a whole could make it work but nothing to this point shows that we have a great staff and yes we should see that, even in losses.  He's got at least 2 more years and maybe 3.  I will root for them, but over my years of watching, I know what the likely result will be. 

LOL!!       Did you sleep through last season?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 07:43:08 pm
I never once in this or any thread predict a win or a loss. I asked a question that seemingly keeps being dodged. Was today better than the past 5 weeks? And again. I'm not arguing. Just asking. I mean after all, did we lose by 70 last week so this 52-7 is better?

What I'm saying is I don't know if it was or not.  I can't tell you if the left guard played a better game than the week before.  I can't tell you if the receivers weren't running the routes correctly or Brandon Allen threw bad passes. 

I can tell you we got beat badly, but I can't tell you if it means we played worse than we did at Florida.  Because we may simply match up better with Florida and even though we might have made more mistakes they were at different times or Florida didn't take advantage.

I do know that at any level, when you play that many freshmen, mistakes are going to happen - lots of them.  And often they'll be repeated.  Because that's what freshmen do.  Repetition in sports is what gets rid of mistakes.  So

This is not the year to watch the scoreboard for signs of improvement, especially in this stretch of games.  If Alabama only beats us 38-7, it won't necessarily mean we played better.

the END.

Grant you that. Scoreboard is not the marker. But show me something. That's what the Bielema haters will say. It'll take time. And time is short in the Twitter era.

ArkansasBread3

Hahahaha we are supposed to believe a guy bc he has seats in redzone and played golf with him. Well I have 4 seats in redzone and 4 on the 50 right behind our bench so I guess whatever I say you all should all listen. Your a joke.

NorthDallas40

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 12, 2013, 07:39:45 pm
TROLL and a DA
How am I a troll when I've been Posting here since the site started and left woo pig to come here?

NorthDallas40

Quote from: ArkansasBread3 on October 12, 2013, 07:51:24 pm
Hahahaha we are supposed to believe a guy bc he has seats in redzone and played golf with him. Well I have 4 seats in redzone and 4 on the 50 right behind our bench so I guess whatever I say you all should all listen. Your a joke.
If you are going to insult, you must MUST not type your when you mean you are! Good work chief!

hogzz1

Quote from: grayhawg on October 12, 2013, 07:48:17 pm
LOL!!       Did you sleep through last season?
killing the big 10 - LOL

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 12, 2013, 06:53:15 pm
The Pac-12 is pretty good, and it's pretty hard to win anywhere with only 2/3 the scholarships of everyone else.  I'm not saying Kiffin is a great great coach, but what he did with their restrictions wasn't too shabby.

He took the preseason No. 1 ranked team in the country and proceeded to go 7-6.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 07:51:51 pm
How am I a troll when I've been Posting here since the site started and left woo pig to come here?

I'm sure you're a big deal on the internet.

You seem to be a nobody though.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 12, 2013, 07:55:24 pm
  He took the preseason No. 1 ranked team in the country and proceeded to go 7-6.

Preseason rankings aren't that meaningful.  55 scholarships v. 85 for everyone else is.  It means you have zero depth, and USC isn't going to have a lot of high level walkons with their tuition.

woo.pig

Who's gonna pay his HUGE buyout???

woopigsooie1222

Quote from: RazorBroncs on October 12, 2013, 05:50:59 pm
I predict we will win the national championship in 2015.  See how easy that is?  And I didn't have to type 8 giant paragraphs to make people believe me any more than you.

Haha +1 if I could
The South Will Rise Again!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 07:51:51 pm

Comparing yourself to HiM is all we need to know.   

Posting under multiple user names is all we need to know.

Bragging you got Broyles fired is all we need to know.

Saying you've been posting longer than most of Hogville has been alive (hey did you invent the internet too) is all we need to know.

IF you are not a troll, then you are a blowhard braggart.  That's all we need to know.

I would put my season ticket holding history and games attended up against yours any day of the week.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Granny fan

The thing I'm most upset about is the lack of motivation on this team!  They just give up after a mistake.  I'm sorry, but to me, that is LACK of coaching!  Going into this game as a 5 and a half point underdog, and getting beat the way we did AT HOME, is unacceptable!

the END.

If you said all we need to know after the first statement, then why keep going?

Reptilianarciwook

it's hard to disagree with this honestly

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Granny fan on October 12, 2013, 08:02:02 pm
The thing I'm most upset about is the lack of motivation on this team!  They just give up after a mistake.  I'm sorry, but to me, that is LACK of coaching!  Going into this game as a 5 and a half point underdog, and getting beat the way we did AT HOME, is unacceptable!

Go cheer for the Bugtussel Begonia's then.

ifghog

Quote from: hogcoots on October 12, 2013, 05:57:25 pm
If he has a losing record next year, he will not see year 3.
You are wrong sir. Bad wrong. That is all.