Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golden Lions blow by Bulldogs 80-62 behind McKnight's triple-double

Started by Seminole Indian, February 04, 2018, 01:41:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

PINE BLUFF, Ark. - The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Golden Lions won its ninth Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) game in ten tries with an 80-62 victory over Alabama A&M. Junior guard Martaveous McKnight put on a clinic for the folks at H.O. Clemmons Arena and had a career night, producing a triple-double as he scored 30 points (12-of-17 field goals) to go along with 10 assists and 10 boards.

"I don't know what or how to feel right now," said McKnight. "I'm living a dream."

UAPB (9-15, 9-1 SWAC) led 37-28 at the break and never looked back. Senior Trent Steen chipped in with 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting while freshman Terrance Banyard produced a solid output across the board with 10 points, four rebounds, and two blocks. Arthur Johnson was the leader for the Bulldogs (2-21, 2-8 SWAC) and finished with 19 points and six rebounds in the loss.

As a team UAPB shot 53 percent from the field for the game while holding its opponent to 38 percent. The Golden Lions buried 8-of-19 three-pointers (42 percent) while clamping down on the defensive end, allowing just 4-of-22 shooting from 3-point range for the Bulldogs. The Golden Lions forced 14 turnovers and produced 21 assists in the victory.

The Golden Lions missed just one free throw in the second half and shot just four in the first half.

UAPB returns to action on Monday, February 5 as it hosts Alabama State in SWAC play. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. at H.O. Clemmons Arena. On January 8, UAPB won the first meeting between these two teams 94-68 in Montgomery, Alabama.

http://www.uapblionsroar.com/news/2018/2/4/mens-basketball-golden-lions-blow-by-bulldogs-80-62-behind-mcknights-triple-double.aspx
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne