Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

v Mizzou

Started by flippinhogmana, January 21, 2018, 09:25:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

The 11th ranked tigers are off to their best start in program history.  They have a 6-4 girl (Porter) who plays a lot of minutes and is effective.  They have four players who average double figures scoring (led by Cunningham), and are tied for second in our conference.

Their is no conceivable way we should win this contest.  But we will still play at their place at 5:00 (presumably eastern time).  They have every advantage, but lets see how it goes.  I hope Macy Weaver has some productive minutes today.  The game is televised on the SEC channel as well as being available on the SEC net via computer.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BWS

Cierra Porter didn't play on Thursday due to flu-like symptoms. I'm not sure what her status is for today but my guess is that she'll probably play. Sophie Cunningham is probably the most polarizing player in the SEC. She plays hard, but has gotten a reputation for being a dirty player. South Carolina fans in particular are not very fond of her. It should be an interesting matchup between her and Zimmerman. They were jawing pretty good at each other in last year's game.

flippinhogmana

Ms. Cunningham is a bit of a _itch, but she plays hard as you said.  She has always been a cheap shot player.   she is the sort of player who will stand on your shoes, tug at your shorts, that sort of thing.  Its easy to root against players like that, but you just have to keep them from getting you overly emotional if you are playing against them.  Its usually the second contact that gets called in tussles.  We dont need cheap fouls and we dont need turnovers especially.  I think we can handle Mizzou at home, but especially on the road, with the usual homer officiating, it will be a very tall task especially with Cosper out.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

For the hogs, Thomas will get the start today along with Williams, and for the Tigers Porter will not start.

flippinhogmana

I am assuming that RnB, Swenson and Weaver will be the backups today.  It would tend to indicate that Weaver indeed might be called upon more in this game, especially since it will be harder to spread out Williams and Thomas' fouls if they play together.

flippinhogmana

ole miss, auburn and kentucky lost today already, vandy is down a point to bama on the road with a minute to go

flippinhogmana

tip off in our game coming up shortly as the players are taking introductions now

flippinhogmana

tigers get the tip
and hit a 3, 3-0 mizzou
mason misses a long two,
mizzou turns it over zimmer misses an open three
bucket down low for missouri 5-0

flippinhogmana

monk missess a long two and the tigers hit a three, 8-0
mason feeds thomas, 8-2 (or rather williams)
zimmer misses again outside,
cunningham hits a runner, 10-2
mason hits on the other end, 10-4

flippinhogmana

missouri fouled on the drive, shots coming, hits the first and (weaver is in) hits the second 12-4
5:40 to go
Mason hits, 12-6 tigers
Weaver picks up a shooting foul, tigers to the line, lucky bounce for the first, and hits the second as well 14-6
Rnb in feeds monk who hits the three, 14-9
tiger get another bucket inside buy not on weaver, (she is looking active)
Rnb misses and tigers run, score inside, 18-9

flippinhogmana

mizzou hits 85 percent from the floor mainly because they are scoring inside a lot

flippinhogmana

macy weaver gets an offensive board and thomas scores, 18-11

flippinhogmana

two fts for mizzour 20-11 for the tigers
weaver gets beat bad out on the court and an easy basket for mizzouri 22-11

flippinhogmana

mizzour hits a three for a 25-11, weaver had monks miss almost, out of bounds to tigers
rnb hits a three (swinson in now), 28-16

flippinhogmana

williams demands the ball inside and scores, 28-18

flippinhogmana

swinson misses a thre and ball out to the tigers for the last shot of the quarter,

flippinhogmana

shot clock violation, 28-16 at the end of one.

flippinhogmana

mason and williams with four points (mason has two fouls)
monk, rnb with three
thomas with two

flippinhogmana

williams gets beat and fouls but its on the floor
williams with the board on a miss
hits a long jumper on the other end, hogs down ten
tigers hit a three on the other end to go up 13
rnb turns it over

flippinhogmana

rnb picks up a foul on the drive
they give her a shooting foul, miss the first, and hits the second, 33-18
monk turns it over
tigers turn it over
thomas turns it over, tigers score on the other end, 35-18
swinson misses a contested three
7:20 to go in the half, monk missess
cunningham fouled on the drive will shoot two, hits the first, and (weaver back in) hits the second 37-18

flippinhogmana

monk drives and is stripped, ball out to hogs,
swinson hits a three, 37-21
rnb foul on the perimeter, called offensive not on rnb but cunningham
monk misses, rnb boards, but the hogs still come up empty
tigers score inside again
zimmer drives and is fouled on the shot
will go to the line
misses the first, and the second, still 39-21 tigers

flippinhogmana

weaver dives on the floor for a board, monk hits a three from the corner on the other end, 39-24
tigers score inside and a foul on weaver (her second) and one (41-2) before the ft
media time out

flippinhogmana

misses the ft
thomas throws it away trying to feed williams
mason misses tigers come away with it
hit a three on the other end
44-24
3:14 to go
swinson shoots an airball three, tiger hit another three on the other end
zimmer misses a three
monk picks up  foul on the perimeter

flippinhogmana

first ft good, and the second is good as well, 49-24
rnb misses, offensive board and then swinson misses
tigers turnover
swinson fouled on a drive
side out, mason hits a three, 49-27
mason misses, tigeers run missa three but get the board, foul on hogs
side out
(may have called that a tie up)
tigers come up that time
swinson misses but gets her board and scores 49-29, hogs foul with two seconds to go and send the tigers to the line, hit the first and the second, 51-29 at the half

flippinhogmana

mason is leading the scoring for the hogs with seven, monk six and williams six, swinson with five, rnb with three and thomas with two

flippinhogmana

game underway, hogs hit a three, and tiger hit the same on the other end, 54-32
hogs foul, tigers to the line, miss the first and miss the second williams wit the board, mason hits a three, 54-35 (mason with ten points)
williams is fouled inside on the shot will go to the line (3rd foul on cunningham), hits the first and the second, 54-37
cunningham misses a three but they get the board and score eventually inside
on the other end williams scores and is fouled, 56-39 and misses the ft
trigers miss (not shooting 65 percent this half) but so do the hogs and the tigers run it out and cunningham is fouled and at the line hits the first, and the second, 58-39
zimmer drives and the ball is blocked out of bounds, zimmer gets the ball and misses inside on the inbound
tigers turn it over
but rnb misses a long hree

flippinhogmana

monk rattles in a bucket on the other end after a cunningham missed three
tigers miss again
williams misses a chip shot on the other end, gets her board and misses again, out of bounds on hogs
swinson in picks up the foul, should be non shooting
with 4:43 to go in the third its 58-41 at the media time out

flippinhogmana

tigers rattle in a basket inside, 60-41
monk hits a long three on the other end
60-44, tigers score inside, 62-44
monk misses a three
tigers hit a three, 65-44
monk launches another three and misses, tigers dont 68-44
mason hits a long two, 68-46

flippinhogmana

tigers score inside, 70-46
swinson missesa three, zimmer gets an offensive board, thomas misses inside
mizzou hits a three 73-46
zimmerman hits a two, 73-48
zimmer fouls on the other end, Cunningham hits the first and misses the second Thomas the board
mason is blocked, monk misses a three
monk misses a layup, but the ball goes out to the hogs
zimmer turns it over and the score after three is 74-48

flippinhogmana

weaver from what I have seen in the last few games has to do a better job in pick and rolls, she gets beat too often, otherwise she does a pretty good job
tigers are also getting a lot of touch fouls (surpise) they get two more fts 76-48
zimmer misses
another touch foul inside (on williams her fourth)
non shooting tigers side out, miss a three but get the board, another touch foul on zimmerman (her fourth)

flippinhogmana

side out, tigers miss a three finally and zimmer with the board
mason is fouled on the drive (sort of a make up, little late) williams drives is fouled makes it, no call
76-50
tigers hit a three on the other end, 79-60
hogs come up empty
so do the tigers on that trip, zimmer misses a long three,
tigers dont 82-50
rnb misses, williams boards, is blocked on the putback but stay with it and scores, 82-52 but the tigers hit a three on the other end
now the refs are in full make up mode trying to even the stats, williams misses inside after a side out
85-52 2ith five to go

flippinhogmana

monk fouled on the drive, should head to the line,
williams with 14 points and seven boards might lead both categories today (mason 12, monk 11)
monk with fts, misses the first and the second
Spangler in hit wiht a foul, refs finally call a travel on the tigers
mason hits inside for her 14th points, 85-54
stout in, draws a charge
mason with a turnover on the other end
tigers with a turnover,
stout picks up  a foul
ft missed, and the second, good, 86-54
88-54 now after another bucket inside for mizzour, weaver puts up a shot but leaves it short
under a minute to go, weaver blocks a shot
and the tigers will dribble it out