Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooking the Turkey

Started by DeltaBoy, September 14, 2016, 03:11:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Monday I cooked a Turkey at home just cause I needed the space in the freezer.

My simple prep

Coat with a good oil  Seasoned it inside and out with Salt , Black Pepper , Garlic Powder ,  Sage and Old Bay Seasonings.  Stuffed the inside with Onion and Celery  Then I sprinkled it with Worcestershire sauce.   Pre heated Oven to 325  Put it on the Turkey rack and started cooking after a hour it was browning on top so I tented it with foil and we turned the Oven up to 350 for 2 hours and back to 325 for the last hour.  This 10 pound bird came out nice and juicy .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TheJoeyBucketz

Cajun seasoning on the outside, garlic butter injection, gently lower it into peanut oil heated to 350 for 3 min a lb, get bj from the wife and respect from your kids. Thank me later.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

DeltaBoy

Quote from: golf2day on September 15, 2016, 06:10:51 pm
Cajun seasoning on the outside, garlic butter injection, gently lower it into peanut oil heated to 350 for 3 min a lb, get bj from the wife and respect from your kids. Thank me later.

Done it that way before just wanted something simple and no fuss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.