Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here you go BR...Chicken Parmesan Soup.

Started by Boarcephus, April 04, 2016, 08:11:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

April 04, 2016, 08:11:30 pm Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:29:28 pm by Boarcephus
Saw it on the internet and it looked interesting.  Researched it a bit, checked 3 or 4 recipes, kinda combined them then added what I thought needed to go in it and came up with this.  Damn good and different.

In a dutch oven sautee one onion, 1 poblano pepper, heaping TBS minced garlic and a handfull of sliced mushrooms in olive oil.
When done add the following:
I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and threw in about a pound of the meat
4 cups of chicken broth
1 small can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 tsp oregano and basil
1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes and about the same of salt. 

Let simmer for 10-15 minutes then add hand full of noodles or some form of pasta.   Simmer till done then add
1 cup each parmesan cheese and shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  Let melt in then eat. 

The darn thing is great but it's a bitch to clean up the dutch oven with all the the melted parmesan cheese in it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

zane

I saw this on Facebook or something last week and was planning to make it tonight.
RIP LSUfan

Boarcephus

Quote from: zane on April 05, 2016, 09:24:45 am
I saw this on Facebook or something last week and was planning to make it tonight.

That's exactly where I saw it.  Looks good doesn't it!!  ;)  It turned out really good but as I said, it's a bitch to clean up after.  I wound up throwing the dish rag away.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

This Soup will stick to your ribs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus