Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need best route to New Orleans

Started by husker71, December 03, 2015, 04:45:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

catching a cruise out of New Orleans and have to get from Harrison to New Orleans.  What is the best route to drive and anybody can recommend a good half way stop>  Thanks 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

I would not take that jog into Mississippi at Lake Village.  I'd continue down 65 to Tallulah and hang a left to Vicksburg.  The speed limit in Mississippi is still 55 and it's actually a little further.  I will caution you that once you hit the LA border, whatever the speed limit  is, do it.  They will write your butt up in a hurry, especially around Lake Providence and Tallulah.  Enjoy your cruise. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

46Counter

As a South Arkansas Resident we have gone both ways.  The route through Greenville is much better and faster.

Boll Hawg

Whatever route you choose be extra careful if you enter far southeast AR, NE Louisiana.  Like a post above mine says, them cops don't play.  Speed and you WILL get a ticket. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

oldman1015

Quote from: Boll Hawg on December 15, 2015, 01:58:58 pm
Whatever route you choose be extra careful if you enter far southeast AR, NE Louisiana.  Like a post above mine says, them cops don't play.  Speed and you WILL get a ticket. 
just grady, gould, and reed in Arkansas. everywhere in la.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Boll Hawg on December 15, 2015, 01:58:58 pm

I will say one thing about the LA cops, they just want the $$$.  The ticket will not show up on your record and they'll tell you as much.   My brother in law got caught passing a car earlier this year and he didn't have as much room as he thought and wound up on the no passing stripe and set him back over $400.  They told him it would not show up on his license, just pay the ticket. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.