Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moobs

Started by TX HOG, April 24, 2014, 04:19:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

getting rid of em.  not Houston Dale Nutt sized ones :puke:

fewer calories, drop lbs, and pushups???

cosmodrum

Lose sugar and alcohol
Go away, batin'

TX HOG

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 24, 2014, 04:22:26 pm
Lose sugar and alcohol

Eliminate or cut? I don't eat a lot of sweets and have a few beers on the weekend

Ragnar Hogbrok

decrease overall fat on the body with whole body cardio and whole body resistance training.  you can also try to "sculpt" your chest a bit by focusing on a chest routine, but you gotta lose the fat for that to work.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TX HOG

Consistent cardio is hard for me to fit in. I can much easier cut calories. I've lost about 10 to 15 pounds by cutting calories.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TX HOG on April 24, 2014, 04:37:00 pm
Eliminate or cut? I don't eat a lot of sweets and have a few beers on the weekend

Close to eliminate as you can. I don't, so I have tits.
Go away, batin'

DeltaBoy

Some guys have to go under the knife to get rid of them.   Saw this on Dr Oz last summer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

Just like a lady... If they lose lots of weight their tits shrink...same w men lose weight / high reps low weight toning

Hell, pushups w varying hand spreads is an easy toning exercise - sets of 10-20
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TX HOG

Quote from: twistitup on April 25, 2014, 09:00:45 am
Just like a lady... If they lose lots of weight their tits shrink...same w men lose weight / high reps low weight toning

Hell, pushups w varying hand spreads is an easy toning exercise - sets of 10-20

This I can definitely do!!

DeltaBoy

Give it a try and see what happens.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

LouisianaHog

Low Carb not no carb but Low Carb.  Check out the New Atkins app for your smart phones.  Read the lessons and understand why Low Carb is the way to go.  It's a lifestyle not a diet.  Then go to Bodybuilding.com.  No, its not for gear/roids.  There you can find a workout for you that you can do, build, cut, endurance, you name it.

Hope this helps,
BowflexLA Whoops I'm LouisianaHog on this one, LMBO!!

clutch

Low carb can actually cause more sag. Glycogen gets low, lose muscle mass, get a saggy side effect. Low carb is great if you want a quick water weight cutter though. I've just never had luck with it for fat loss.

TX HOG

I've dropped about 15 lbs. I'd like to cont and go for another 15. I'm avg about 2lbs/wk. I'd like to use my body weight to firm up saggy core.

LouisianaHog

Quote from: clutch on May 05, 2014, 04:55:13 pm
Low carb can actually cause more sag. Glycogen gets low, lose muscle mass, get a saggy side effect. Low carb is great if you want a quick water weight cutter though. I've just never had luck with it for fat loss.

Eating low carb means increasing your protein intake.  You will not lose muscle on the low carb because of this.  The low blood sugar is a good thing.  You don't have the crashes you have on the other diets.  The craving for sweets are gone.  Also you are full longer because of the increase protein intake. 

What you are doing is teaching the body to use fat as energy instead of carbs.  That does take about 2 weeks.  Unused fat and cards is stored as fat.  Unused protein is desecrated out the body.  But that's JMO.

clutch

High protein doesn't automatically mean retained muscle. there's no better approach than balance. Fad diets aren't for everyone. If you are Glycogen depleted you dont have the energy to retain muscle all the time. There's a reason your body has 3 fuel sources. Fat is at the end of the line. If you have nothing but fat to burn you're literally running on your last fuel supply at all times.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: LouisianaHog on May 06, 2014, 11:01:39 am
Eating low carb means increasing your protein intake.  You will not lose muscle on the low carb because of this.  The low blood sugar is a good thing.  You don't have the crashes you have on the other diets.  The craving for sweets are gone.  Also you are full longer because of the increase protein intake. 

What you are doing is teaching the body to use fat as energy instead of carbs.  That does take about 2 weeks.  Unused fat and cards is stored as fat.  Unused protein is desecrated out the body.  But that's JMO.

This strategy is working well for me... I have lost 30lbs so far in 10 weeks and am increasing muscle mass with Kettlebell, dumbbell routines mixed with light cardio. Body weight exercises as we'll like push up, burbees etc.

One thing I noticed in the first two weeks was the swelling of my liver went waaaayyyy down. The excess glycogen melted away. I feel a LOT better but still have 40 to go to put me under 200 with more of a v shape.

At the end of my weight loss, I may go under the knife to remove some tissue in my left moob.

Good stuff here, just thought I would chime in gentlemen. Good luck with your diets and workouts.

Our winter in Chicago was brutal and sometimes food was too damn tempting...

TX HOG

After deciphering through the info.

Protein good. Carbs(breads) avoid. Push ups good

DeltaBoy

I got the gentic curse for them things. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather on my moms side had moobs even when they were way under 180 pounds.

Hogfaniam

Sprints, sprints, and more sprints
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

TX HOG

Quote from: Hogfaniam on June 15, 2014, 09:08:13 pm
Sprints, sprints, and more sprints

Like 30 sec sprints. Walk, sprint, walk, sprint. ??

Hogfaniam

Quote from: TX HOG on June 15, 2014, 09:54:25 pm
Like 30 sec sprints. Walk, sprint, walk, sprint. ??

Depends on where you're at physically. 

Good way to start is to do line drills in a gym like old basketball practice.  Once you get your wind and those become less a challenge, take it to the football field and sprint 20, walk back, sprint 30, walk back, sprint 40, walk back, etc.  get to where you can sprint a 200 and maintain good speed throughout.  All of this is, of course dependent on knee and hip health.  If those are a problem, transfer to a bicycle.  Whatever you do, do it as fast as you can for as long as you can.  Don't do anything just plodding along, except getting your breath back.

Look at sprinters bodies vs distance runners.  Which body would you rather have?
If you want lean and skinny, train for distance and endurance.  But even distance runners don't plod along.  They move very quickly.

TX HOG

Physically I'd say decently athletic, but 20 lbs over weight.

TX HOG

Id be running on a side walk. I'm thinking sprint for about 15 seconds and rest a min. Do this about 10 times. ????

DOGALUM

Let's see some pics of those moobs!   

Cosmo, Delta.....jump in with the pics. 

(may have to move this to the cigar lounge)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: TX HOG on June 17, 2014, 05:04:30 pm
Id be running on a side walk. I'm thinking sprint for about 15 seconds and rest a min. Do this about 10 times. ????

Here's a good article that gives routines that can be adapted to your surroundings.  Do you have a high school anywhere close?  Most allow people to use the track area for exercise.

TX HOG

Last night I would visually pick out a spot about 30 yards away and sprint to it. Light post to light post or whatever. Id walk for a 20 sec or so then sprint again. I prolly did this for 10-15 mins.

ldfergu

Quote from: TX HOG on April 24, 2014, 04:19:36 pm
getting rid of em.  not Houston Dale Nutt sized ones :puke:

fewer calories, drop lbs, and pushups???

Crush some push ups dude.  Cut out soda and as much sugar as possible.  I would focus on doing higher repetitions in the weight room rather than adding more weight...

Good Luck!

TX HOG

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on June 18, 2014, 09:51:48 am
Crush some push ups dude.  Cut out soda and as much sugar as possible.  I would focus on doing higher repetitions in the weight room rather than adding more weight...

Good Luck!

I'm not a soda guy. Mostly water. Few beers on wkend. Push ups are something I can easily do. Free weights not as much.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: TX HOG on June 18, 2014, 11:57:41 am
I'm not a soda guy. Mostly water. Few beers on wkend. Push ups are something I can easily do. Free weights not as much.

good, soda's can be the hardest to cut.  Try to cut the beer as much as possible.  maybe enjoy some whiskey?  Cut out bread as well, will make a huge difference.

I wouldn't even worry about "cutting calories", just eat healthier food.  Breakfast - eggs with some spinach and turkey sausage.  Lunch/Dinner - Grilled chicken/turkey, spinach leaf salad with cucumbers, carrots and hummus, banana for dessert.  That's my weekly diet.  I'd strongly suggest cutting out bread completely along with cutting back as much as possible on sugar. 

Try getting more protein in your diet.  I like having a whey protein shake immediately after my workouts.  A casein protein shake may also help in the morning to keep the munchies away until lunch.  Also, try drinking more water.  20oz before lunch, a glass of water with lunch, 20oz after lunch, glass with dinner. 

Non-weight room workouts:

interval jogging/sprints (jog for 2 minutes, sprint for 15-30 seconds, walk for 1-2 minutes) or just sprints (sprint 50 yards, walk back, sprint 70 yards, walk back, etc. - do distances you're comfortable with).  When I do sprints, I'll do 8 -100M sprints, but the first 4 i'll go around 80% then work my way up to full speed.  Don't start off full speed, good way to pull a muscle. 

pushups with different hand placement, burpees are great

mountain climbers

feel free to PM me with any questions or if you'd like me to get into more detail

TX HOG

Last night I jogged 3 miles/30 mins. Then spent about 10 mins doing some sprints. Sprint 30-40 yds, walk a min. Repeat for 8-10 mins.

TX HOG

My thought has been, something is better than nothing. Whether I decide to job, sprint, walk it's better than sitting on the couch watching tv. I do enjoy jogging for about 30 mins, then finishing up with some sprints before walking back home.