Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How does RWIII retirement affect our standings with Brian Williams?

Started by theshiva, May 08, 2017, 03:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theshiva

hawginbigd1

I would lean help, with the way RW3 has been treated as a Player/student, but it could be he might not want to play there because of superstition/karma if you will.

kp72204

I don't it thinks it makes a difference at all. If the coaching staff is able to keep Raleigh focused on school and help him in everyway, shape, and form then I think his decision will be difficult. If Raleigh loses his morale then I think it goes down quick. Still hate it for the young man.

pigroots

When people treat your family well there is no way that can hurt. Everyone respects RWIII's decision and I suspect many will rally around him in support. Can't see it doing anything but helping

The_Bionic_Pig

Rawleigh may not be playing Football but he's still has 2yrs of College left at the University of Arkansas....

In that time period Brian will be taking tons of unofficial visit's (to see his brother)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oklahawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 08, 2017, 06:21:32 pm
Rawleigh may not be playing Football but he's still has 2yrs of College left at the University of Arkansas....

In that time period Brian will be taking tons of unofficial visit's (to see his brother)

And, RW3 will remain a full-access member of the team, depending on NCAA regulations. So, a chance to do the family thing as a part of game-day festivities.

Once again, depending on regulations, can you imagine anyone better as a recruiting ambassador on game day than RW3?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bulldog04

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 08, 2017, 07:25:08 pm
What parent wouldn't like the way he has been treated

I don't think that has anything to do with it, though I hope Im wrong.

I think its a worse case scenario for us. If Brian comes here he may be timid and have RW3s injury in the back of his mind. Also coming here magnifies the fact that he is supposed to be playing with his brother, but hes not.

I look for him to just get a clean, fresh start where his brother and his brother's injury wont be the monkey on his back everyday.

Mike_e

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on May 09, 2017, 12:36:21 am

I think its a worse case scenario for us. If Brian comes here he may be timid and have RW3s injury in the back of his mind. Also coming here magnifies the fact that he is supposed to be playing with his brother, but hes not.

I look for him to just get a clean, fresh start where his brother and his brother's injury wont be the monkey on his back everyday.

Or he could want to finish what his brother started.

As always it all depends on the young man.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

TexasRazorback

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on May 09, 2017, 12:36:21 am

If Brian came here he would not be playing with his brother. He is 2 years away from graduating and RW3 is a Junior and will graduate before he gets on campus.

PorkRinds

If RWIII ends up coaching or on staff as a GA it could do nothing but help.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Did you guys see the dozens of tweets form hog fans supporting rawleigh yesterday? That's a fanbase that supports its players. The amount support and love Rawleigh got from hog nation cant do anything but help. That entire family knows that Brian is safe here and coach B will look out for him no matter what!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Vantage 8 dude

Obviously I have no insight into how this might/might not impact Brian's ultimate decision. However, the one thing I do suspect that no matter what else his family will know that when CBB and staff speak of taking good care of the player(s), they most definitely AREN'T shooting them a line of bull. Actions DO speak far louder than words.

Steef

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 09, 2017, 01:55:25 pm
Obviously I have no insight into how this might/might not impact Brian's ultimate decision. However, the one thing I do suspect that no matter what else his family will know that when CBB and staff speak of taking good care of the player(s), they most definitely AREN'T shooting them a line of bull. Actions DO speak far louder than words.

Good post.

I hope Brian becomes a Hog. His brother made our team better. Im guessing Brian would too.

Either way, this whole event of Rawleigh's injury appears to have been handled as classy as it gets. By everyone involved.

Integrity does matter.

kp72204

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 08, 2017, 04:48:49 pm
*Rawleigh. At least get the name right or use RWIII.
My apologies. I still mean well though, just can't spell. RWIII

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Steef on May 09, 2017, 03:26:08 pm
Good post.

I hope Brian becomes a Hog. His brother made our team better. Im guessing Brian would too.

Either way, this whole event of Rawleigh's injury appears to have been handled as classy as it gets. By everyone involved.

Integrity does matter.
As to your last statement: yes it most certainly does. And that's despite what some would have you believe that it's only and always about merely winning at any cost.

Birminghog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 09, 2017, 05:36:19 pm
As to your last statement: yes it most certainly does. And that's despite what some would have you believe that it's only and always about merely winning at any cost.

You and Steef are right on with this. Well-stated by both of you.

TheEnemy

Quote from: TexasRazorback on May 09, 2017, 09:24:15 am
If Brian came here he would not be playing with his brother. He is 2 years away from graduating and RW3 is a Junior and will graduate before he gets on campus.

I believe RWIII plans on going to Graduate school so good chance he will still at Arkansas.

fullfan

I believe the family will want to keep BW near home.   My guess he plays somewhere in his home state.   The family will know the travel involved with game day and as time goes on may opt for closer proximity.  JMO.

colbs

Quote from: fullfan on May 10, 2017, 06:42:47 am
I believe the family will want to keep BW near home.   My guess he plays somewhere in his home state.   The family will know the travel involved with game day and as time goes on may opt for closer proximity.  JMO.
Maybe so but Fayetteville isn't that far from Dallas.  Plus one game every year is played in Dallas.  I could be wrong but I don't see that being the determining factor.

jgphillips3

I don't think it changes anything.  If it changes anything at all, then it would be for the better.  The family knows how much we love RW3 and how we've looked out for him.  They have a great relationship with CBB.  RW3 wasn't going to be playing on the same team with him anyway.  Now, there is at least a chance RW3 will still be on campus when his brother starts school. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 09, 2017, 01:55:25 pm
I can take this a step further. I know for a fact that the University of Arkansas keeps taking care of its wounded players. I know of kids still getting their injuries taken care of several years after their -playing time. One was a foot/toe injury, same person had a neck injury. Each caused medical redshirt type situations.

Hogs-n-Roses

There's another dynamic that could come into play here. When younger brother see's the treatment RWIII gets here in the hills it may open his eyes to just how great those Hills really are. Its refreshing to get away from the big pond and see how much bigger a fish you are in a little pond. Fayetteville is an awesome place and people do fall in love with it. Also if RWIII stays around with the staff it will show how we take care of our own. Placement of athletes with his character/commitment/personality are found everywhere in our workplace.

sickboy

Do you know the family at all?

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hoggish1

whosiskid

I think it helps and hurts. It helps in Brian's seeing how well Rawleigh has been treated and he has to be grateful for that. But had Rawleigh been playing, Brian would have been making a lot more trips and would have been bonding with players. That bonding will be loosened a bit now.

All in all I think recruiting Brian would have been helped more than hurt by Rawleigh playing the next year or two years. All in all, I think it is impossible to truly assess. Still, I like our chances better than anyone else's.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Tejano Jawg

The U of A has done/will do all it can with Brian. Rawleigh has always sounded very happy here. So in the end, it'll just come down to what Brian thinks and how he feels after his visits. And the vibe he gets from our coaching staff.

I'm sure Rawleigh will be in his ear, to a point. Brian will make the call. And I hope it's us.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RazorWhacker

I don't think it hurts at all.

RWIII is ok. He's wisely chosen not to play football anymore, which is hard, but he's just fine. It was a freak thing that doesn't happen very often, but he's walking, talking, and making good decisions and we are all supporting him. I think we can credit the Razorback program for that.

HogCzar1

I read where Brian is visiting Notre Dame this weekend, and someone crystal balled him to ND.

parallaxpig

Quote from: HogCzar1 on June 17, 2017, 02:44:57 pm
I read where Brian is visiting Notre Dame this weekend, and someone crystal balled him to ND.

Stoops be there in two years....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

fullfan

"I'm thinking I'm gonna make the best decision for me, my brother understands," said Williams. "My brother's gonna support me wherever I go."

Hmmm....

ricepig

Quote from: fullfan on September 17, 2017, 09:18:03 am
"I'm thinking I'm gonna make the best decision for me, my brother understands," said Williams. "My brother's gonna support me wherever I go."

Hmmm....

Well of course, did you expect his brother to say,"your dead to me if you go anywhere else?"

WPS2k18

Both of the Williams boys are stand up guys. Really Enjoyed RWIII as a person and player for the hogs. Hope to get Brian....we could use him. ::hornsdown::
Im calling it now... Hogs 2047 National Champs.

PorkRinds

If CBB is on the even hotter seat next year I'm going to bet this kid goes elsewhere.

rljjr

I think as a family member he sees how his brother is treated and it is a positive. I also, taking him at his word, think he's exploring all of his options and will make the best decision for him.
I hold hope to get him because he would be a HUGE piece of what we need. He's a difference maker.
In the end, though, I'll be excited for him wherever he goes.