Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unscentific Supplement Review

Started by H&D, August 14, 2014, 12:27:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Never tried the creacore. I always buy AllMax. I really like it and you get 200 servings for $20

hawgrunner

Quote from: clutch on June 27, 2016, 11:35:18 pm
Never tried the creacore. I always buy AllMax. I really like it and you get 200 servings for $20

when do you take it... during or post workout?

clutch

Quote from: hawgrunner on June 28, 2016, 04:17:56 pm
when do you take it... during or post workout?

I usually take it post. I've taken it pre before though, mixed with pre-workouts, and the results seemed pretty similar. It's technically supposed to be used post though.

hawgrunner

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15584767
"The role of creatine in the management of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and other neurodegenerative disorders."

Because of my lower back issues and the nerve trying to heal now.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=585730.50#lastPost

taking creatine sounds like a plan.

Grag T

Most supplements are complete horsesh1t and a colossal waste of money.  If a person isn't going to go the drug route, the most anabolic thing you can take is FOOD. 

Look at natural bodybuilders from the 1950s.  Look at natural bodybuilders today.  They look EXACTLY THE SAME.  No difference whatsoever.  And the guys in the 50s didn't worry about muscle tech/twinlab/etc etc crap.  They just ate and trained. 

The only thing that has changed are the drugs today's pro bodybuilders take.  They know the supplements they endorse are complete crap and don't even use them.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

H&D

Quote from: Grag T on October 07, 2016, 01:31:59 pm
Most supplements are complete horsesh1t and a colossal waste of money.  If a person isn't going to go the drug route, the most anabolic thing you can take is FOOD. 

Look at natural bodybuilders from the 1950s.  Look at natural bodybuilders today.  They look EXACTLY THE SAME.  No difference whatsoever.  And the guys in the 50s didn't worry about muscle tech/twinlab/etc etc crap.  They just ate and trained. 

The only thing that has changed are the drugs today's pro bodybuilders take.  They know the supplements they endorse are complete crap and don't even use them.

Is that a self photo in your avatar?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Grag T

Quote from: H&D on October 07, 2016, 01:42:24 pm
Is that a self photo in your avatar?

That's boogie2988 of youtube fame, he lives in Fayetteville
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

clutch

This is really true. Most of the supplements have never been proven to work. The only supplement that has been proven to work is creatine. Most studies I've seen on protein say that it really isn't that useful. If you eat meat then your body is pretty much getting all the protein it can handle anyways. Most of the extra protein you get through supplementation is just getting disposed of by your body.

Preworkouts really don't do much either. What most people mistake as added energy is really nothing more than the stimulant that they are feeling. You're going to get about the same amount of energy from a cup of coffee, you just aren't going to feel it because it doesn't have the added stimulants in it.

I have however taken prohormone type supplements before that worked. They were usually quickly banned though because they were pretty much steroids. I've also taken quite a few prohormone/SARMS type supplements that were complete crap though.

So you are right, the supplements aren't needed to make you look like a natural body builder. You can achieve all of that just as easily with hard work and a very good diet.

I must admit though, I'm a supplement guy. I take them all the time just to see if maybe they have finally made something that really does work for me. I'm usually disappointed in them. I recently jumped on the advocare spark train though. I avoided it for a long time because I hate all of the supplement companies that flood the market with "sales reps" by making anyone willing to pimp their product on their facebook page a rep for them. They are usually complete crap like all of the "it works" stuff that was getting heavily pushed not too long ago. I have a friend that had some spark though and he let me try it. It doesn't really give you a lot of jittery energy or have a stimulant like preworkouts do. It's not even really supposed to be used in the same manner as a preworkout. I've been impressed by it though. It makes me feel good. It really makes me feel clear headed and focused. It keeps me from feeling tired when I take it without making me feel like I want to run through a wall.

And no, I'm not an Advocare sales rep.

hawgrunner

You say "Most?" What would be ones that are not? and we're not talking just about supplements for bodybuilders.

Buff

If you're looking to improve your food intake, I've become a fan of Piana's "5% Nutrition" line.

Their Real Food carb shakes and AllDayYouMay drink mixes are good stuff.

hawgrunner

Been looking a few "RSP Nutrition" products... most reviews at Bodybuilding.com have given good overall ratings, what do you folks think?