Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, anyone put Coach Petrino on the prayer list at church this morning?

Started by Country Stylz, April 08, 2012, 12:09:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

Cartoon Man

As a Pastor, I did this morning. Prayed also that he gets a second chance.

HoginIllinois

intoxhog

Quote from: minister on April 08, 2012, 12:25:33 pm
Did your prayers include everyone that he has hurt too?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

FIOG

Feralhog

Quote from: intoxhog on April 08, 2012, 12:31:51 pm
Did your prayers include everyone that he has hurt too?

Did you retract your accusation in the other thread when it was PROVEN you didn't have a friken clue what you were talking about?  And my prayer for Petrino has been for him to truly repent and seek forgiveness from his family and God. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Bassrox

Quote from: Feralhog on April 08, 2012, 12:39:04 pm
Did you retract your accusation in the other thread when it was PROVEN you didn't have a friken clue what you were talking about?  And my prayer for Petrino has been for him to truly repent and seek forgiveness from his family and God. 
Exactly right.

GeneKeadysRug

Would it be selfish to pray for him to keep his job?

Feralhog

Quote from: GeneKeadysRug on April 08, 2012, 12:49:59 pm
Would it be selfish to pray for him to keep his job?

Nothing wrong with asking for something that you know is selfish.  If you are a Christian and believe God is in control then it is what it is.  I want him to stay but I also hope that he recognizes the hurt and pain his actions have caused and seeks God's help and forgiveness.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

intoxhog

Tell you what Feral ill go away for awhile, I think that would be a good thing at this point. I think the one thing we can agree on at this point is the situation sucks. I think BP is a great coach but a very flawed man. Its just my opion that the successes where having isn't worth putting up with this crap.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Feralhog on April 08, 2012, 12:55:51 pm
Nothing wrong with asking for something that you know is selfish.  If you are a Christian and believe God is in control then it is what it is.  I want him to stay but I also hope that he recognizes the hurt and pain his actions have caused and seeks God's help and forgiveness.

FH, I gotta believe he's realized this.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Soonerman12

Quote from: FIOG on April 08, 2012, 12:34:58 pm
Do they coach football?
So if they don't coach football they deserve to be prayed for in this matter? He hurt his family and many others with his lies and deceit. Why wouldn't you pray for all involved, instead of just the football coach? Seems pretty petty to me. I see what's most important to you though. Wins. Not the lives and and happiness of others.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: intoxhog on April 08, 2012, 12:58:13 pm
Tell you what Feral ill go away for awhile, I think that would be a good thing at this point. I think the one thing we can agree on at this point is the situation sucks. I think BP is a great coach but a very flawed man. Its just my opion that the successes where having isn't worth putting up with this crap.

So, I guess that's a NO on the retraction ..... and for those who don't believe in the power of prayer, prayers do get answered sometimes.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Feralhog

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on April 08, 2012, 01:00:54 pm
FH, I gotta believe he's realized this.

Some people are truly sorry when their world gets turned upside down, others get mad because they got caught and the apology is nothing more than covering their 6.  If Petrino is given a second chance I hope to God he doesn't betray our trust.

RAF

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 08, 2012, 01:02:51 pm
So if they don't coach football they deserve to be prayed for in this matter? He hurt his family and many others with his lies and deceit. Why wouldn't you pray for all involved, instead of just the football coach? Seems pretty petty to me. I see what's most important to you though. Wins. Not the lives and and happiness of others.
You realize that you just trolled someone who was trolling to begin with, right?

JaxFlaRazorback

Quote from: minister on April 08, 2012, 12:25:33 pm

The very reason Jesus gave his life......to give all those who believe in him more chances to correct their mistakes.

FBREW000

yes, yes i did.... For Petrino, his family, Jessica and her family... the ex fiance, and our state/university...

And i am a season tix holder and big hog donor... not that it really matters

CR7

Reasons why Christianity is viewed as a joke:
-hypocrites.
-judging others.

EDIT: I'm a Christian and I'm guilty of these things too.

But there's no need to judge him when you yourselves are just as guilty of the same things. Maybe not smashing a motorcycle with your mistress, but cheating on your wives/husbands.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: CR7 on April 08, 2012, 01:32:03 pm
Reasons why Christianity is viewed as a joke:
-hypocrites.
-judging others.

EDIT: I'm a Christian and I'm guilty of these things too.

But there's no need to judge him when you yourselves are just as guilty of the same things. Maybe not smashing a motorcycle with your mistress, but cheating on your wives/husbands.

So how appropriate for the discussion of this issue to be over the Easter weekend celebration.
The bottom line is persecution or forgiveness.

RAZORBACKER60

Yep could not him but think of bobby when my priest talked about over coming failure and having a new birth. Also we spoke after mass. He said he has also thought of bobby this week. Our priest used to be at the UA as the CCM. Not sure if he knows bobby or not.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Country Stylz

Quote from: FBREW000 on April 08, 2012, 01:28:30 pm
yes, yes i did.... For Petrino, his family, Jessica and her family... the ex fiance, and our state/university...

And i am a season tix holder and big hog donor... not that it really matters
+1

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

CR7

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 08, 2012, 02:50:51 pm
I highly doubt that any deity cares about college football.

Clearly you paid no attention to Tim Tebow OR Auburn in 2010.

Country Stylz

Country Stylz

Quote from: Mantor on April 08, 2012, 08:35:15 pm
Considering Christianity is just a fairy tale I see no problem with people putting him on some prayer list. No different than putting DGB on our recruiting wish list or a snuggle on your list to Santa. All fall on deaf ears. This is a business decision, the money of it says he will be retained anything other than that is just a poor business decision!
A fool is born every minute. Good luck with that.