Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It won’t be Chavis

Started by theFlyingHog, December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Ran into an old friend at the bar a little while ago. Apparently he's in corporate up in NWA at one of the big companies. There's a lot of fight going on about Chavis. Huge push back from some of the money people. "Anybody else!" has been yelled multiple times.

SultanofSwine

I guess we will have to settle for Venables then. 

roothawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

racinghog

Sheesh problems for the coach already. Let the man choose his own staff!!

Missooie

Doesn't matter what he said. Chavis is the next DC

checkraiser88

Doesn't Morris have the power to hire who he wants?

hoglady

Let the head coach choose his own staff.
Success or failure is on him.
Money folks may have input on who the head coach is but when they start micromanaging his decisions you've got real problems.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: hoglady on December 31, 2017, 07:29:49 pm
Money folks may have input on who the head coach is but when they start micromanaging his decisions you've got real problems.

I agree with this 100%...whether anyone likes Chavis or not, CCM has got to be able to hire his staff.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

From Tusk Till Dawn

Kinda like saying let the AD hire the coach... $$$

PonderinHog

Was this run by Jay the bartender guy?  Can't remember his name.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 07:34:28 pm
Was this run by Jay the bartender guy?  Can't remember his name.

Jayco.....

grayhawg

I think the friend at the bar might be mistaken. ;)

Wild Bill Hog

Tie 'em down tight, Boys.  We have a poster with a SOURCE!

HeyHogs

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on December 31, 2017, 07:32:59 pm
I agree with this 100%...whether anyone likes Chavis or not, CCM has got to be able to hire his staff.
I don't think CM is even making this decision.  He is not the one pulling the strings on this hire.  If it is his decision to hire Chavis then his decision making sucks!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HeyHogs on December 31, 2017, 07:39:18 pm
I don't think CM is even making this decision.  He is not the one pulling the strings on this hire.  If it is his decision to hire Chavis then his decision making sucks!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

parallaxpig

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 31, 2017, 07:27:30 pm
Doesn't Morris have the power to hire who he wants?

GOBN doing all the hiring.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

little pigee

Apparently he is a corporate guy?  An old friend?  At a bar tonight?  Sounds like THE reliable source.  Go home to your mama.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 31, 2017, 07:45:24 pm
GOBN doing all the hiring.

Finally, someone who knows the infamous "GOBN" and can name them!   You're up next - take it away.

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 pm
Ran into an old friend at the bar a little while ago. Apparently he's in corporate up in NWA at one of the big companies. There's a lot of fight going on about Chavis. Huge push back from some of the money people. "Anybody else!" has been yelled multiple times.

checkraiser88

I'm pretty sure the op is full of crap but if this was true, wouldn't Morris have a problem with it?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yeah it's still Chavis and we don't want it to fall past him

hoofer

Chavis is the next DC. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think a new HC would get backlash from money people on who he can and can't hire. That's just ridiculous. Anybody that tells you that look at them and tell them they don't know a damn thing about anything.

Eddie Goodson

Chavis will be the best DC of the Razorbacks in my adult life. If you think he isn't good enough, you really need to reassess your expectations because you're unrealistic.

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

ballz2thewall

sober before you hit that internet, slick...
The rest of the frog.

trphog

Right. Because the people who grow chickens, sell household goods in bulk, and run big rigs down the road know more about who is a better fit as our DC than Coach Morris.

hawgjr

Sounds legit to me!

26.2Hog

Boardon Hamsay

I figured Chavis had locked up some real estate in Pinnacle by now.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

redeye

In fairness to the OP, someone mentioned the same thing on SRANT last night.  The only difference was that his source was a friend of Chavis.

Mjs84

Venables lock!  Wait until Clemson is done playing people!

247Hog

I ran into a huge turd at the Blackwell, Arkansas truck stop. Looked just like Chavis, so yes Sir, it will most certainly be Chavis. darn never lies and is unbiased.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

tkhog

Entry level in the HR department at JB Hunt and reads Hogville*

Scott7703

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 31, 2017, 08:02:57 pm
Chavis will be the best DC of the Razorbacks in my adult life. If you think he isn't good enough, you really need to reassess your expectations because you're unrealistic.

This is right on the money. I can also tell you this, current players are "under the impression" it is chavis.

Oliver

Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 31, 2017, 08:29:18 pm
Those comments are . . . well, just read them.

By a bunch of people that said, "Miles is the only thing holding LSU back from a NC."  I guess Ed has a 5 year plan with them.

Hoggish1

Quote from: SultanofSwine on December 31, 2017, 07:23:02 pm
I guess we will have to settle for Venables then. 

Yep.  I'll get over it...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 247Hog on December 31, 2017, 08:43:17 pm
I ran into a huge turd at the Blackwell, Arkansas truck stop. Looked just like Chavis, so yes Sir, it will most certainly be Chavis. darn never lies and is unbiased.

That wasn't a turd.  It was their day old fried chicken.

MuskogeeHogFan

I wasn't a fan of hiring Chavis from the beginning but, one of our complaints as a fan base has been a lack of pressure applied on opposing QB's and I can tell you after checking it out, Chavis is your man if you want more pressure up front. While at A&M his defenses applied a lot of pressure up front in terms of forcing negative plays with 145, 150 and 132 in the last three years. The only other year that he has produced as many was his banner 2011 year at LSU when that defense forced 145 negative plays.

The problem is that at A&M his run defense wasn't stellar, #107 the first year, #80 the second year and #70 this year. Additionally, his defense this year allowed 1 play of over 10 yards every 3 defensive plays on average. That's better than us this past season, but not by much.

The other problem is that his scoring defense has gone up every year at A&M. 2015-22.0, 2016-24.5 and 2017-30.7 ppg.

But if you want pressure up front that is exciting to the fan base while rolling the dice in the back end on giving up big plays, he is your man.
Go Hogs Go!

theFlyingHog

Anybody who wants Chavis only wants him because he's a known name. He has not been good lately. We're risking a Bielema-type hire to run our defense and a lot of people here are excited about it  :puke:

opineonswine

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 31, 2017, 09:35:36 pm
Anybody who wants Chavis only wants him because he's a known name. He has not been good lately. We're risking a Bielema-type hire to run our defense and a lot of people here are excited about it  :puke:

LOL  Whereas others are all in a hissy twit about it, and none of us knows who it is going to be.

HeyHogs

People here don't want the truth.

King Kong

Wasn't that long ago Kevin Steele was washed up. Giving up 70 points in a bowl game at Clemson. Now he is killing it at Auburn

farmhawg

Quote from: hoglady on December 31, 2017, 07:29:49 pm
+1
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

MuskogeeHogFan

Again, I'll just point to the pressure that he brings on opposing offenses up front. Need to shore up the run defense and the pass coverage but Chavis hasn't lost his touch about being creative in pressuring offenses up front.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: King Kong on December 31, 2017, 09:43:43 pm
Wasn't that long ago Kevin Steele was washed up. Giving up 70 points in a bowl game at Clemson. Now he is killing it at Auburn

Steele walked into a defense with a lot talent to work with. Chavis' job won't be near that easy.

Hugo Bezdek

So let me get this straight. Some drunk loudmouth at a bar is our new inside source on Hogville? Seems legit.

Tarheelhawg

It will be Chavis (from relevant media sources to numerous to list).