OLB - Jamario Bell
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Chevin Calloway
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Kamren Curl

Thoughts? Gripes? Alternates?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Bubba's Bruisers

I suspect they'll go back to the 43 defense.  Or maybe a 4-2-5?

Anyway, lots of potential for us next year if we can adjust to the new systems.  Will depend on the QB and OL.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jgphillips3

Chavis employs a 4-3 base. 

lakecityhog

Could we see Gibson move to LT if Jackson struggles? That would make some room for Merrick to step up???

I am anxious to see if Morris "forces" 1 or more of "his" recruits into the lineup. Receiver is about the only spot where a freshman could come in and truly contribute for this team.

AHiD

Morris said he is going to run a multiple defense, but primarily utilizing an odd front.
My name...is Jerruh

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: redleg on December 30, 2017, 10:48:28 pm
Offense:
QB - Cole Kelley
RB - Devwah Whaley
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Brandon Martin
WR - Jordan Jones
TE - Jeremy Patton
LT - Colton Jackson
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Zach Rogers
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

Defense:
DE - McTelvin Agim
NG - Austin Capps
DE - T.J. Smith
OLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB - De'Jon Harris
WLB - Dre Greenlaw
OLB - Jamario Bell
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Chevin Calloway
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Kamren Curl

Looks good to me. Chavis seems to prefer taller Corners. We may see Curl stay at Corner and either Calloway or Pulley at FS. If we are in a 4-3 front Bell would be a DE. I think we've got talent in the first team. Depth will be a big key to how much success we have this year.

VirginiaHog

arkansas proud77

tj in the slot.. maybe some hayden too.

nwahogfan1

I watched a video of our new OL coach and he loves athletes on his Line.  Guys who can run, flexible hips who can bend and guys who can be physical.  He also likes guys who are in shape and not packing too much weight so they can move for 4 quarters. 

I can not wait to see our OL get into shape so we can fight for 4 quarters.  Conditioning program will be much about running and doing agility drills associated with football movements and not so much lifting 900 lbs.  Of course we have to be strong but it has to be football strong and not weight lifting strong.  We must be flexible and bend plus be able to get down field and block. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: redleg on December 30, 2017, 10:48:28 pm
Offense:
QB - Cole Kelley
RB - Devwah Whaley
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR - Brandon Martin
WR - Jordan Jones
TE - Jeremy Patton
LT - Colton Jackson
LG - Hjalte Froholdt
C - Zach Rogers
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT - Brian Wallace

Defense:
DE - McTelvin Agim
NG - Austin Capps
DE - T.J. Smith
OLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB - De'Jon Harris
WLB - Dre Greenlaw
OLB - Jamario Bell
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Chevin Calloway
SS - Santos Ramirez
FS - Kamren Curl

I like it except maybe RG and SS, would love for others to win those jobs, and Guidry hasn't played enough IMO.

Kevin

it will be interesting the listed weights from last year, to see what they are after the winter strength & conditioning program.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mopork

I think we will run a 4-3 bases w some 4-2-5

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 30, 2017, 11:11:43 pm
Looks good to me. Chavis seems to prefer taller Corners. We may see Curl stay at Corner and either Calloway or Pulley at FS. If we are in a 4-3 front Bell would be a DE. I think we've got talent in the first team. Depth will be a big key to how much success we have this year.

I think zero chance pulley is moved too saftey ... Is a premium corner .... Brown should be in the saftey rotation

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 31, 2017, 09:30:39 am

I think zero chance pulley is moved too saftey ... Is a premium corner .... Brown should be in the saftey rotation

I think we'll get the best 4-5 on the field and that my include some shifting around. To me that looks like Pulley, Ramirez, Curl, Calloway and probably Brown. I don't think we'll have to count on any true freshmen to start so that's a good thing. I also won't be surprised if a receiver or two get moved to the secondary. I could see Pettway being an impact at safety. I think Barnes, Warren, and Cross all played both ways in HS and would be candidates to play corner or nickel.

tennesseehogwild

Is Kelley going to be starter in Morris' offense? Or does he open up the competition?

colbs

Morris will run a lot of 2 back sets.  Sometimes he will go 5 wide only to audible to a 2 back set.  I'm not sure who will start but I imagine Whaley, Hayden, and Hammonds will get a lot of reps at RB.  Then at WR Martin, Jred, Nance, Jones, and Stewart get a ton of reps.  Warren, Barnes, and maybe Cross get some reps too. 

WaltonCollege

Switching back to a 4-3 masks our deficiency at backer, we should have Scoota at Sam, Greenlaw at Mike, Ramsey at Will. Decent starters. Zero depth behind them tho. Agim
And TJ will play on dline whether inside or out, the other two dline spots are up for grabs. Santos will play SS, need to find a FS, could be M Brown. Corners are all SEC serviceable Pulley, Kurl, Calloway, those are young guys. With decent coaching from Chives who knows we could be middle of the pack in the SEC.

lakecityhog

86   Jamario Bell   LB   So   6-5   258   
53   Ben Brasuell   LB   R-Fr   6-1   202   
46   Damani Carter   LB   So   5-11   239   
54   Terrell Collins   LB   So   6-0   240
45   Josh Harris   LB   Jr   5-10   221
47   Tyler Pennington   LB   Fr   5-10   210   
34   Tyler Phillips   LB   So   6-1   224   
10   Randy Ramsey   LB   Jr   6-4   228

40   Kyrei Fisher   LB   Fr   6-1   234   
23   Dre Greenlaw   LB   Jr   6-0   229   
8   De'Jon Harris   LB   So   6-0   242   
27   Hayden Henry   LB   Fr   6-1   209   
4   Alexy Jean-Baptiste   LB   R-Fr   6-2   231   
17   Giovanni LaFrance   LB   R-Fr   6-0   239   
31   Grant Morgan   LB   R-Fr   5-11   220   
29   Derrick Munson   LB   Fr   5-11   203   
44   Josh Paul   LB   Fr   6-2   195   
6   Gabe Richardson   LB   So   6-3   239   
33   Dee Walker   LB   R-Fr   6-2   215

I have marked guys likely to move to DE and walk-ons that don't play. I left Morgan and Henry as possibles since Morgan played a lot this year and Hayden is a scholarship player now. I guess that Ramsey and/or Bell could stay at LB but with the emphasis on speed both would fit on the DL.

That leaves 11 scholarship backers and surely we can find 6 guys that can play from that group. Walker, Richardson, LaFrance, Jean-Baptiste and Fisher all have GOOD SEC size. I'm not sure about their speed, but all were recruited by P5 schools. Anyone know anything about Henry's speed? He may fit what Morris is looking for a bit better than some on the roster.

bulldog04

It wil be interesting to see what Cantrell's role will be.  He's not the prototypical TE in this offense. Will he be primarily a fullback/hback or make the move to defense?