Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Buyout not Final?

Started by rhog1, December 21, 2017, 12:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 31, 2017, 05:12:51 pm
Doesn't make sense.  Care to try again?

Haha, exactly what thought even before I saw your response.

ricepig

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on December 31, 2017, 04:55:01 pm
And how will the losing coach be fired if the buyout is prohibitively costly?  The higher the buyout the more difficukt ut is to shake off a loser. 

Yes - the people have a right to know how their money is being spent. 

Daylight makes it harder for the Jeff Long and Bret Bielema's of the world to waltz into town and drain the money - which is what precisely happened here.  You are better protected this way.

Not sure what you mean by saying this wasn't some secret contract between the foundation and BB.  ?

Having the details of the contracts being public, and requiring ever detail of the foundation being public aren't anywhere close to being the same thing. As to why I think there wasn't some secret contract, I think someone dropped the ball on making sure every detail in both contracts were exact. Any amount either man earned was known by those elected to serve on the foundation's board. The "people" donated their money knowing the purpose of the foundation, the people who don't donate, aren't entitled to information, just because they want to see it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2017, 05:51:12 pm
Having the details of the contracts being public, and requiring ever detail of the foundation being public aren't anywhere close to being the same thing. As to why I think there wasn't some secret contract, I think someone dropped the ball on making sure every detail in both contracts were exact. Any amount either man earned was known by those elected to serve on the foundation's board. The "people" donated their money knowing the purpose of the foundation, the people who don't donate, aren't entitled to information, just because they want to see it.

Bingo! +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2017, 05:51:12 pm

Works for me.

Inhogswetrust

January 01, 2018, 08:00:42 am #254 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:40:35 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on December 31, 2017, 02:06:44 pm
Well - looks like some folks gotta eat some humble pie after the AG decided the super-secret RF contract shouldn't be so super-secret and was infact within the purview of the FOIA.

I love it.

It was a legal interpretation thing. Just like any and all legal interpretations there are some that agree with it and some that don't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 01, 2018, 08:00:42 am
Except it wasn't the ADG that decided that. It was a legal interpretation thing. Just like any and all legal interpretations there are some that agree with it and some that don't.

Yeah, nevermind that the university was willing to release the contract and Bielema was the one that asked for the AG opinion on whether it had to be released, outside of that he had some of it correct.