Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crowd at the game?

Started by popcornhog, December 02, 2010, 01:06:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Official numbers? The Bud looked less empty than usual.
WPS

Ugly Uncle

Attnd:  11,854

Estimated actual attnd (According to University) 10,047

Not horrible crowd.
Retired Radio Host

Hootiethehog

not bad at all for a down team on a wednesday. if they keep it up, we might get to see the upper deck start filling up again and make bwa an intimidating place again
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Mick Hogger

Looks like the push to bring former players back is on. Not sure what they said on tv, but Sidney, Brewer Sr, and Clint McDaniel were all introduced during the game.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Breems

Quote from: Mick Hogger on December 02, 2010, 01:43:20 am
Looks like the push to bring former players back is on. Not sure what they said on tv, but Sidney, Brewer Sr, and Clint McDaniel were all introduced during the game.

Yeah, I wasn't able to watch them play in their day, but it was great seeing those legends back in town!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 02, 2010, 01:10:36 am
Attnd:  11,854

Estimated actual attnd (According to University) 10,047

Not horrible crowd.
10,000 attendence in a 19,000 capacity arena and we have fans saying that is "not horrible crowd." My, how quickly expectations are reduced. Don't let that happen to you.

Barnill, with capacity of about 10,000, was sold out EVERY game for about 20 years - from '74 thru '93. EVERY game. Again, EVERY game. BWA was sold out every game until last year of Nolan. So in last 8 seasons, we are thinking half full ain't bad. Sad.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

thirtythree

Quote from: Breems on December 02, 2010, 01:48:11 am
Yeah, I wasn't able to watch them play in their day, but it was great seeing those legends back in town!

Pel made reference to that as well in his post game presser. I wish a lot of guys would go listen to these. The players talk about what they work on in practice and it's the same things that they get accused of not working on. Pel addresses a lot of the same things that we do on here that they go over.

jabber71

Last year at OU the attendence 10,612 whatever thats worth. I sure thought Arkansas had more loyal fans the OU
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Smithian

Quote from: thirtythree on December 02, 2010, 08:22:39 am
Pel made reference to that as well in his post game presser. I wish a lot of guys would go listen to these. The players talk about what they work on in practice and it's the same things that they get accused of not working on. Pel addresses a lot of the same things that we do on here that they go over.

[troll]They're told to say those things. They don't actually work on that stuff in practice.[/troll]

thirtythree

Quote from: Smithian on December 03, 2010, 01:52:19 am
[troll]They're told to say those things. They don't actually work on that stuff in practice.[/troll]

That's what I was expecting to hear. Surprised to be honest.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 02, 2010, 07:03:02 am
What?  They didn't honor Jason Henry?
I get it that you are being sarcastic, just don't get why.

jabber71

>10k is not great but it is improving, and when football season is over I estimate averaging 13 to 14k on midweek and 17 on weekend if oh wait a big IF they keep winning and IF they continue to play hard around the rim
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi