Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power forward looking to visit Hogs

Started by Richard Davenport, July 25, 2016, 02:13:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Thanks a lot. Good looking athlete, bit raw but could develop into a nice player.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

I could see taking this kid. Hope he comes down here and loves the place. Would be a nice fit.

hogwood

Add him to the list of prospects.

Brooks
Sidibe
Samuel
Jackson
Enoh

So far my favorite is Samuel.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on July 26, 2016, 10:25:38 am
Add him to the list of prospects.

Brooks
Sidibe
Samuel
Jackson
Enoh

So far my favorite is Samuel.

Sidibe or Samuel for me but they all seem to be pretty good prospects. Wouldn't be upset at adding either of the ones we are on right now.

mhuff

Why. Are more not interested in Brooks. Looks like he can do it all and a good complement to anybody

ShadowHawg

Quote from: mhuff on July 30, 2016, 03:51:09 pm
Why. Are more not interested in Brooks. Looks like he can do it all and a good complement to anybody

His dad coaches at Miss St.

navyhog24

Quote from: mhuff on July 30, 2016, 03:51:09 pm

They are interested. They didn't miss any of his games for like 2 months or so. And he is supposed to be visiting in August

mhuff

Swinesong1

Apparently visiting 10/7 if not sooner according to RD.  Hogs in his final four.

hogwood

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 31, 2016, 08:06:25 pm
Apparently visiting 10/7 if not sooner according to RD.  Hogs in his final four.

Awesome news. I really think he could be a steal. He looks like one of the stronger kids in the class, reported at 6'8" 235. Rated a 4* on ESPN. Plays on Chris Paul's AAU team and has always played with elite talent. National recruiting expert on 247 has given a CB to Arkansas!

farmhawg

MA continues to impress with his recruiting.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogwood

hawginbigd1

Could be the power body type that would make this class complete, doesn't look like he would be a huge scoring threat but could definitely bang on both ends.

RealHog

This is a big year for Mike, if he can have a good year and keep building momentum Hog ball is back. College success is so closely tied to recruiting and here's to Mike getting the right guys in here.

Swinesong1

Hawg Red

Could be a bigger (or at least taller) Alandise Harris for us. Need that physical presence.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 01, 2016, 07:55:52 am
Could be a bigger (or at least taller) Alandise Harris for us. Need that physical presence.

Agreed, super Atheletic guy that can challenge shots and score of Highlight Dunks on the Fast Breaks and put backs.

Alandise was probably more a natural scorer. As far as he could create his own shot in certain situations with mixed results. Which worked out really well for us in some games (at UGA) and not so well in (UNC)

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on September 01, 2016, 08:56:29 am
Agreed, super Atheletic guy that can challenge shots and score of Highlight Dunks on the Fast Breaks and put backs.

Alandise was probably more a natural scorer. As far as he could create his own shot in certain situations with mixed results. Which worked out really well for us in some games (at UGA) and not so well in (UNC)

Yeah, I see Enoh as the player most Hog fans wanted Harris to be. Just a guy that focuses on playing a physical game without trying to go one-on-one or jack up shots on the offensive end. Like you said, Harris was an on/off guy in that regard. He had just enough offensive ability to make himself think he could do more than he really should have on offense.

hogwood

I definitely see the Alandise Harris comparison but I think you throw in some Ted Kapita and you've got Victor Enoh.

He seems fairly quick for his size, high motor, very strong, appears to have a decent mid-range shot, rebounding, and ability to go hard at the rim. Sounds good to me. Hope we get him. He seems like he may be a better fit than Brooks actually - definitely stronger.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 01, 2016, 10:25:35 am
Yeah, I see Enoh as the player most Hog fans wanted Harris to be. Just a guy that focuses on playing a physical game without trying to go one-on-one or jack up shots on the offensive end. Like you said, Harris was an on/off guy in that regard. He had just enough offensive ability to make himself think he could do more than he really should have on offense.
Right on the money.

hogwood

Things are looking very good with Victor Enoh per RD.

Victor was quoted as being "very, very interested" in Arkansas. He also seems to have a lot of trust in the staff to develop him because of what they have done with Moses.

Supposedly we will be his first official visit on Oct. 7th-9th. Though I thought he had a visit scheduled to Providence this coming weekend. Providence may be out of the picture now as they just got a commitment from 4* PF Nate Watson a few days ago. They already have another big in 4* C Dajour Dickens. Not sure how many bigs they are looking to get.

I think we blow him away during the weekend visit while campus life is in full swing with Alabama in town!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogwood on September 15, 2016, 12:11:16 pm
Things are looking very good with Victor Enoh per RD.

Victor was quoted as being "very, very interested" in Arkansas. He also seems to have a lot of trust in the staff to develop him because of what they have done with Moses.

Supposedly we will be his first official visit on Oct. 7th-9th. Though I thought he had a visit scheduled to Providence this coming weekend. Providence may be out of the picture now as they just got a commitment from 4* PF Nate Watson a few days ago. They already have another big in 4* C Dajour Dickens. Not sure how many bigs they are looking to get.

I think we blow him away during the weekend visit while campus life is in full swing with Alabama in town!

Some information has Enoh's official visits scheduled as:

Oklahoma State Sept. 24
Vandy     Oct. 1
Arkansas  Oct. 7
Oregon St. Oct 14

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 15, 2016, 03:06:31 pm
Some information has Enoh's official visits scheduled as:

Oklahoma State Sept. 24
Vandy     Oct. 1
Arkansas  Oct. 7
Oregon St. Oct 14

I read that he was only visiting Oklahoma State OR Oregon State but not both.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 16, 2016, 08:12:29 am
I read that he was only visiting Oklahoma State OR Oregon State but not both.

It might have changed since Providence got that commitment only a few days ago. I believe that was written while he was still planning to visit Providence officially. It appears he may not be now.

Swinesong1

I'm confused!  Is he still visiting us next weekend?  I've seen us, Memphis and MS St mentioned for next weekend. 

Jonteviosk

Too bad we don't have one more spot lol SG - Khalil Garland 6'6 4*
SF - Darius Hall 6'7 4*
PF - Victor Enoh 6'8 4*
C - Daniel Gafford 6'11 4*

all we would have to do is land a 4* pg and would cover all positions in 1 class haha.

I would say Victor is a far more talented Jacorey Williams with a far higher ceiling and attitude. He also appeases that one guy who keeps requiring 6'8 240 lol.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Jonteviosk on October 01, 2016, 10:14:33 pm
Too bad we don't have one more spot lol SG - Khalil Garland 6'6 4*
SF - Darius Hall 6'7 4*
PF - Victor Enoh 6'8 4*
C - Daniel Gafford 6'11 4*

all we would have to do is land a 4* pg and would cover all positions in 1 class haha.

I would say Victor is a far more talented Jacorey Williams with a far higher ceiling and attitude. He also appeases that one guy who keeps requiring 6'8 240 lol.
Enoh is no mo'. 

hogwood

ricepig

Quote from: hogwood on October 02, 2016, 08:49:53 pm
Why?

According to those in the know, we both decided to go different directions, fwiw.

RealHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2016, 09:11:56 pm
According to those in the know, we both decided to go different directions, fwiw.

I haven't heard anything regarding that, last I knew Hogs were the leader or right there. He's up for the visit this upcoming weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: RealHog on October 02, 2016, 11:37:09 pm
I haven't heard anything regarding that, last I knew Hogs were the leader or right there. He's up for the visit this upcoming weekend.

Well, since they've gone different ways, I wouldn't expect a visit, haha.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2016, 04:24:03 am

makes me wonder if they hold for another 2018 kid?....

RealHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2016, 04:24:03 am

Is the source saying they have gone different ways reliable? Just seems like a quick unexpected shift.

ricepig

Quote from: RealHog on October 03, 2016, 08:41:23 am
Is the source saying they have gone different ways reliable? Just seems like a quick unexpected shift.

Well, it's DD, he says both sides are saying the same thing, but he said he expected both to say the same thing.

hogwood

Not sure I would buy that. I don't think this staff would back off unless there was something negative happening with Enoh. They want a full roster for 17-18. Unless there is a stellar 2018 big ready to commit, there is no reason back off a kid they have been really high on for a while now.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2016, 08:45:45 am
Well, it's DD, he says both sides are saying the same thing, but he said he expected both to say the same thing.

If we are the ones going in a different direction, it could be because we feel good about better options, IMO.

ricepig

Quote from: hogwood on October 03, 2016, 09:30:01 am
Not sure I would buy that. I don't think this staff would back off unless there was something negative happening with Enoh. They want a full roster for 17-18. Unless there is a stellar 2018 big ready to commit, there is no reason back off a kid they have been really high on for a while now.

Just reporting what was out there, that's all.

navyhog24

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 03, 2016, 09:35:13 am
If we are the ones going in a different direction, it could be because we feel good about better options, IMO.

What other bangers out there would we feel good about?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 03, 2016, 10:13:58 am

did Garrison  Brooks ever commit to someone?  I missed it if he did.. I know we seemed to be down his list.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 03, 2016, 10:13:58 am

Could be a 2018 guy, not sure.

WooPig90

Havent heard anything that we have gone different ways. Per a source, he is visiting Memphis this wed-fri and then coming to Fayetteville Fri-Sun

FineAsSwine

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 03, 2016, 10:52:11 am
Havent heard anything that we have gone different ways. Per a source, he is visiting Memphis this wed-fri and then coming to Fayetteville Fri-Sun

Apparently, Dudley differs. Guess we'll soon see.

The_Bionic_Pig

Garrison Brooks is scheduled to visit Roy Williams (North Carolina) this weekend.

Very good chance he commits.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 04, 2016, 12:30:55 am
Garrison Brooks is scheduled to visit Roy Williams (North Carolina) this weekend.

Very good chance he commits.

Are we still on his list?

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 04, 2016, 07:56:50 am
Are we still on his list?
No. Dudley or Richard said a couple of months ago that he was no longer considering us because of competition for playing time.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Jonteviosk

Competition of playing time what the world does Garrison think is going to happen at North Carolina lol?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

ricepig

Quote from: Jonteviosk on October 05, 2016, 06:14:08 am
Competition of playing time what the world does Garrison think is going to happen at North Carolina lol?

Yeah, I laughed when I read that.