Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Dykes and Staff current recruiting targets

Started by Hogtied85, December 22, 2015, 12:27:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

Like this up coming team. Wished they would shot a little better

hog63

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 16, 2016, 01:02:22 pm
For those who have seen here play several times is Kiara Williams more of an athlete right now who scores mostly in transition or a true bb player with an outside shot and dribble drive scoring?

She is a tough high motor kid. Scored a lot of what I call effort points, just out hustled the other players or was tougher that the next kid. Not sure she will be able to do that in the SEC. Size will be an issue and I don't think she shoots the ball that well from 15 to 18 feet.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: hog63 on June 21, 2016, 11:27:06 am
She is a tough high motor kid. Scored a lot of what I call effort points, just out hustled the other players or was tougher that the next kid. Not sure she will be able to do that in the SEC. Size will be an issue and I don't think she shoots the ball that well from 15 to 18 feet.

That sounds a little bit like Melissa Wolff. How would you compare them?

flippinhogmana

I think Swenson is MW's logical replacement, not to say Williams wont get playing time
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

razorjack

flippinhogmana

wilson is only 5-10 and not long like Swenson or Williams, she is a two, not a three
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 21, 2016, 07:24:28 pm
wilson is only 5-10 and not long like Swenson or Williams, she is a two, not a three

You are so wrong.  A coach has to put his best five on the court.  Swenson at the three does not do that.  Putting Wilson at the two leaves us with three two's - all who should be starting - Wilson, Cosper and Danberry.  Wilson will play the three - probably with Freeman.  Cosper and Danberry at the two.  Monk and Mason at the point.  Jackson, Swenson, Cooley and Williams at the four and five.  The other four will not get much playing time this year.  Only exception is if Smith shows remarkable improvement from last year.

Coach JD recognized that he had to put his five best on the floor at the end of the year.  A lot of times you saw Wolf at the four, Jackson at the five, Brooks at the three, Cosper at the two and Danberry or Monk at the point.  That did not work out too well because Jackson is not a five and also had a broken wrist.  Wolf at the four is fine as is Swenson.

psycHOGlogist

Thanks for the update, ricepig!

Curious about this one. Scholarship? Preferred walk-on?

Anyone have any info?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on June 22, 2016, 09:46:06 am
You are so wrong.  A coach has to put his best five on the court.  Swenson at the three does not do that.  Putting Wilson at the two leaves us with three two's - all who should be starting - Wilson, Cosper and Danberry.  Wilson will play the three - probably with Freeman.  Cosper and Danberry at the two.  Monk and Mason at the point.  Jackson, Swenson, Cooley and Williams at the four and five.  The other four will not get much playing time this year.  Only exception is if Smith shows remarkable improvement from last year.

Coach JD recognized that he had to put his five best on the floor at the end of the year.  A lot of times you saw Wolf at the four, Jackson at the five, Brooks at the three, Cosper at the two and Danberry or Monk at the point.  That did not work out too well because Jackson is not a five and also had a broken wrist.  Wolf at the four is fine as is Swenson.

What?  imagine you and I having a different opinion on personnel!  I will give you this: in certain match ups I have no doubt she could play the three, but in most match ups, she would be outmatched on the boards particularly on the defensive end.  In the press or areas where a quick lineup could gain an advantage on the offensive end, I would have no doubt of her abilities even at the three.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 22, 2016, 05:54:16 pm
Thanks for the update, ricepig!

Curious about this one. Scholarship? Preferred walk-on?

Anyone have any info?

Have heard from a media source that she's most likely on scholarship. That makes me wonder a bit -- how many sub-6' guards are we looking to put on the roster? When she's a freshman, we'll have Wilson, Monk, Freeman, Cosper, and Danberry already on the roster, and none of them (including Spangler) is over 5'10". Six guards under 6 feet, and none (yet, recruiting's not over) taller than 6' (unless you count Zimmerman as a G, which is kind of a stretch). Interesting. Nothing against Spangler - I've never seen her play, and she may be the next Calli Berna or Wendi Willits. Just wondering about overall roster make-up.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 22, 2016, 07:29:29 pm
What?  imagine you and I having a different opinion on personnel!  I will give you this: in certain match ups I have no doubt she could play the three, but in most match ups, she would be outmatched on the boards particularly on the defensive end.  In the press or areas where a quick lineup could gain an advantage on the offensive end, I would have no doubt of her abilities even at the three.

We will see who is correct.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 22, 2016, 11:29:29 pm
Have heard from a media source that she's most likely on scholarship. That makes me wonder a bit -- how many sub-6' guards are we looking to put on the roster? When she's a freshman, we'll have Wilson, Monk, Freeman, Cosper, and Danberry already on the roster, and none of them (including Spangler) is over 5'10". Six guards under 6 feet, and none (yet, recruiting's not over) taller than 6' (unless you count Zimmerman as a G, which is kind of a stretch). Interesting. Nothing against Spangler - I've never seen her play, and she may be the next Calli Berna or Wendi Willits. Just wondering about overall roster make-up.

I am not worried about my guards being under 6' if they are good athletes who can shoot and create for others but I am worried about only one center on next years team and a bunch of 6'1 inch forwards who are nice athletes but none seem to have the athletic ability to create their own shots, be big rebounders and put up big scoring numbers.

I hope he signs a JUCO and a HS center this fall.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 22, 2016, 11:29:29 pm

Nothing against her size, but she appears to not been on anyone's radar.  According to Vern Traver in today's newspaper, she averaged 6.2 points/game and 3.7 rebounds.  Certainly not impressive from my view point, but I have never seen her play.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on June 23, 2016, 11:17:02 am
Nothing against her size, but she appears to not been on anyone's radar.  According to Vern Traver in today's newspaper, she averaged 6.2 points/game and 3.7 rebounds.  Certainly not impressive from my view point, but I have never seen her play.

I had the exact same concerns. However, apparently she was the MVP at the Hogs' camp last week, which was attended by ~20 DI kids. So ... maybe she'll blow up senior year?

Rocket23

She had offers from Arkansas State and Kansas State.  She has a motor that runs all out and brings a lot of energy.  She's consummate team player with a nice shot.  She can go 2-10 one game and 10-12 the next game.  Only time will tell.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Rocket23 on June 23, 2016, 01:42:57 pm
She had offers from Arkansas State and Kansas State.  She has a motor that runs all out and brings a lot of energy.  She's consummate team player with a nice shot.  She can go 2-10 one game and 10-12 the next game.  Only time will tell.

Sounds like a type of player that coaches like.

jackflash

ever program need kids like this. she will give you everything she has ever night.  her team mates will notice and do the same.

psycHOGlogist

Some other names I think the Hogs may be looking at (based on some half-hearted twitter-stalking and nothing else):

Abigayle Jackson - 2017, 6'3" F from LR Central (rated #2 player in Arkansas behind 2018 Williams, per Arkansas Basketball Rankings).

Abbie Winchester - 2017 (I think) 6'2" F from Heritage Hall (OK)

Rachel Levy - 2017 6'3" G/F, Boca Raton HS - ranked in the top 100 by prospectsnation (4*) (her recent twitter is full of her at Ivy League schools, presumably doing unofficials, so not sure how much interest/chance we have). Here's a highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yfg3rKcFr8&feature=youtu.be

And we have offered FHS Freshman ('20) G/W Sasha Goforth, 6'1".

Like the height of these players; honestly no idea of their Hog interest or truly our interest in them. Just putting them out there. Anyone know anything?

CJD tweeted this out earlier today - staff is heading to tournaments/clubs in TN, MO, IL, TX, and IA over the next evaluation period.

https://twitter.com/CoachJimmyDykes/status/750402580765773829

psycHOGlogist

I suspect the TN tournament is Battle in the Boro in Nashville (or maybe the Music City Invitational, or both) - Levy's team is apparently competing there at the Battle in the Boro.

http://www.nationalexposurebball.com/#!battle-in-the-boro-1/cw0j

Hogtied85

Looks like we have another on the radar Laeticia Amihere of Canada. She is a 9th grader who can dunk their are videos of her on youtube. Coach Chenel Harris is recruiting heavy. Leticia played on the U16 FIBA Team in which they brought home the GOLD.

https://youtu.be/Lm6DITFH7pw

https://youtu.be/kY3fOR700Yg

nwahogfan1

brs_hogfan

July 30, 2016, 10:25:51 am #73 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:00:26 am by brs_hogfan
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 23, 2016, 12:33:07 pm
I had the exact same concerns. However, apparently she was the MVP at the Hogs' camp last week, which was attended by ~20 DI kids. So ... maybe she'll blow up senior year?

I saw her play several times with FHS at UA team camp earlier this summer and I think she will become a good contributor for the Hogs.  She plays really hard and also smart in my opinion. She is strong and shot well the games I saw. I think her relatively modest stats at FHS last year were probably just because they spread the ball around.  Had a whole bunch of girls with about 6 ppg averages.

Seems like a pretty good summer for some of the other future year targets.  2018 target Christyn Williams was second leading scorer (and leading minutes played) for the Team USA U17 team.  I hope we can get her!

2020 target Elauna Eaton keeps racking in the offers (latest one apparently from Louisville https://twitter.com/neb_media/status/755555211507138561).  Sasha Goforth, another 2020 target with UA offer, has been getting recognition this summer too (https://twitter.com/ArkansasBanshee/status/759011702964834304 and https://twitter.com/PBRhoops/status/758741882033672192)

psycHOGlogist

July 30, 2016, 03:03:52 pm #74 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:30:16 pm by psycHOGlogist
Some other kids we are on - think they are mostly 2018 or later:

Gabby Gregory from Holland Hill, OK - rising sophomore (does that make her 2020? 2019?)
https://twitter.com/lasalisburyy/status/745064436214358017

Danielle Cosgrove 6'3" post from Sachem East, NY - 2018 kid
https://twitter.com/cosgro6/status/755102523694931968

Jessi Murcer, 5'7" 2018 guard from Westmoore, OK
https://twitter.com/jmurcer03/status/744719025729503232

Shayley Harris, 6'5" 2018 post from Redding, CA

Kassidy DeLapp, 6'3" 2018 post from El Dorado Hills, CA

Mandy Simpson, 6'2" 2017 post from Boise, ID (was Idaho Statesman 1st team all state last year, along with Destiny Slocum, a Maryland commit, and Tori Williams, who recently committed to Pac 12 Utah).

Taylor Jones, 6'3" 2019 post from Dallas.

Gregory and Murcer are really blowing up, much like Eaton and Goforth.

And let's not forget that we already have Mya Bhinhar, a top 60 guard from Owasso, already committed. Nice to see more tall kids on this list. But I wish we knew more about 2017. We have Spangler from FHS and Weaver from Wisconsin, and I believe we are still recruiting Madison Wise, a 6'1" wing from Indiana. Besides us and the Hoosiers, her other offers are from mid-majors. There's lots of uncommitted 2017's out there, though.

brs_hogfan

You can find stuff on Twitter but does anyone know if  there is any more organized place to find information about who is looking at what school and vice versa?  ESPN recruiting pages have very little information.  For example, just one girl each listed on the ESPN pages as being UA targets for 2017 and 2018 and no girls listed for 2019.

psycHOGlogist

From above - Winchester def got an offer - tweet added.

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on July 05, 2016, 05:25:48 pm
Some other names I think the Hogs may be looking at (based on some half-hearted twitter-stalking and nothing else):

Abbie Winchester - 2017 (I think) 6'2" F from Heritage Hall (OK)

https://twitter.com/HHokcSports/status/755902021404729344

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: brs_hogfan on July 30, 2016, 04:50:43 pm
You can find stuff on Twitter but does anyone know if  there is any more organized place to find information about who is looking at what school and vice versa?  ESPN recruiting pages have very little information.  For example, just one girl each listed on the ESPN pages as being UA targets for 2017 and 2018 and no girls listed for 2019.

There are other sites (e.g., ProspectsNation, BlueStar), but often they have subscriptions. And it's hard to know how accurate they are. The ESPN site is, I think, accurate but not updated very often and lots of things are not listed there, fwiw.

psycHOGlogist

As noted above, we had been looking at Rachel Levy (a top 100 3/4 player out of Boca Raton) for a while, but she had gone on a swing of unofficial visits this summer up the east coast, including a lot of Ivies. She picked one:

https://twitter.com/ProspectsNation/status/760637576281722880

I don't feel too bad about this. She's tall and can shoot, but I am not sure she would hold up in the SEC based on watching some of her tape. She will clearly get a great education at Harvard - congrats to her.

brs_hogfan

Looks like we can take Abbey Winchester off the hogs' target list.  She has committed to OK State. https://twitter.com/CGBR27/status/761609256462233601

psycHOGlogist

Yup, was just going to post same thing. Not too surprising.  She has a lot of stuff about OK State in her Twitter feed.

psycHOGlogist

Here's an update on Madison Wise, who could be a top 100 player for 2017 (per ESPN - she had been in their Top 60 but dropped out late this spring).

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting-central/2016/08/07/greenfield-centrals-wise-considering-eight/88381258/

She has picked up some more impressive offers since I last saw something on her.