Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Again...not enough respect

Started by lynbug, February 20, 2018, 10:53:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Next time post AFTER THE KENTUCKY GAME.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cram224

I do like that CMA runs a clean program. However, its also become an excuse for not recruiting very well.

cityhog

Well maybe after the FBI destroys college basketball, we'll have a shot at respect.

The OTR

Quote from: lynbug on February 21, 2018, 11:29:39 am
I'm a little embarrassed  by my OP today.   But I will try to stay hopeful....even though our options are shrinking .

I just smited you and I encourage others to do so as well.  I hate to be this way on presidents day week.  I really do.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: lynbug on February 21, 2018, 11:29:39 am
I'm a little embarrassed  by my OP today.   But I will try to stay hopeful....even though our options are shrinking .

Admitting you have a problem is a good first step. Far too often an OP like yours comes back to bite you right in the arse. Pretty sure the same thing happened to Walter Matthau. The only folks I know that have been immune to premature OPaculation were Pondwater Jack and OTR. Both of those fellers are legends around these parts. And probably some kind of Soothsayers. Anyways, I think you have learned a good lesson from this thread and Jump Ball is probably better for it. We can move forward now amicably while awaiting an update from FCJ, who is as polarizing a poster as PWJ and OTR, minus the entertainment value OTR and PWJ brought to the table. FCJ generates more standoffedness and verbal haymakers, to his credit.. All that said, -1.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 21, 2018, 06:32:08 pm
Admitting you have a problem is a good first step. Far too often an OP like yours comes back to bite you right in the arse. Pretty sure the same thing happened to Walter Matthau. The only folks I know that have been immune to premature OPaculation were Pondwater Jack and OTR. Both of those fellers are legends around these parts. And probably some kind of Soothsayers. Anyways, I think you have learned a good lesson from this thread and Jump Ball is probably better for it. We can move forward now amicably while awaiting an update from FCJ, who is as polarizing a poster as PWJ and OTR, minus the entertainment value OTR and PWJ brought to the table. FCJ generates more standoffedness and verbal haymakers, to his credit.. All that said, -1.

Boardon you are simply too nice. This old boy deserves a butt chewing and you have him a borderline pep talk. 

99% of the time I agree with you more than anybody on thus board.  Your insights and clear headed thinking puts others such as this new kid Baylor to shame.  I'd like to see you chew this old boy out.

I will agree that fcj is the clown prince of verbal haymakers.  He has been on a roll recently and I'm sorry he didn't see fit to come in here and start a donneybrook last night.

Now I hate to be this way but I just gave you spite number 732 for being too nice.  And I'm requesting that smites be renamed spites.

Boardon Hamsay

February 21, 2018, 07:09:42 pm #56 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:36:02 pm by Boardon Hamsay
Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 21, 2018, 06:49:49 pm
Boardon you are simply too nice. This old boy deserves a butt chewing and you have him a borderline pep talk. 

99% of the time I agree with you more than anybody on thus board.  Your insights and clear headed thinking puts others such as this new kid Baylor to shame.  I'd like to see you chew this old boy out.

I will agree that fcj is the clown prince of verbal haymakers.  He has been on a roll recently and I'm sorry he didn't see fit to come in here and start a donneybrook last night.

Now I hate to be this way but I just gave you spite number 732 for being too nice.  And I'm requesting that smites be renamed spites.

I smell what you're stepping in, Skandar. I was admittedly going light on this feller cause without FCJ in here, I'm less inclined to channel some really good combustion. That's where I miss FCJ's leadership to really get things heated in here. We should have easily had a double header donneybrook in here last night with a kitten punting contest sandwiched in the middle. I will look to make improvements without FCJ leading the charge going forward.

I think we should lobby Landy to get the spites thing going as spites really encourages more hostility than smites, and we're clearly running a little too low tonight.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 21, 2018, 07:09:42 pm

I smell what you're stepping in, Skandar. I was admittedly going light on this feller cause without FCJ in here, I'm less inclined to channel some really good combustion. That's where I miss FCJ's leadership to really get things heated in here. We should have easily had a double header donneybrook in here last night with a kitten punting contest sandwiched in the middle. I will look to take improve without FCJ leading the charge going forward.

I think we should lobby Landy to get the spites thing going as spites really encourages more hostility than smites, and we're clearly running a little too low tonight.

I hate to scold you like I did there and I'll lose sleep over it tonight. A guy like you should be a mod at worst or admin in my opinion.  In fact most would commend you on the way you handled the OP.  I guess I'm just so used to Joe blowing his stack that I think everyone should handle things that way.

You've forgotten more about stuff on hogville than most here will ever know.  If anything I think that your post reprimanding the OP should be used as exhibit A if they examine your work here and are ready to name you an administrator here.

That's the way you correct somebody without hitting them between the eyes with a two by four like we're used to. 

AlmaHog2011

I am starting to believe that I and many other Razorback fans over rate this team and how they are doing. I was all pissed before the Kentucky game and felt we were being severely disrespected then you see how Kentucky pushed us around and dominated us.

Maybe just maybe they are right we are a bubble team.

31to6

February 21, 2018, 08:59:34 pm #59 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:03:31 pm by 31to6
Quote from: mykidsdad on February 20, 2018, 05:50:23 pm
Yeah that and we haven't been cheating our asses off for the last 20 years as some schools have been. It will come out soon btw.
NCAA really going to burn 50+ programs to the ground?

Auburn football says hi as they polish their crystal ball.

I will believe it when I see it.

lynbug

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 21, 2018, 06:49:49 pm

First of all....thank you, Boardon for being nice and giving me a borderline "pep talk".  And, Skandar, are you saying I need a but chewing because I was overly optimistic before the game, got on the board and vented.....and maybe too pessimistic after the game.  At least I admitted it. I guess I have to realize that I'm the only one ;) on the board that posts "stupid stuff"  before the game and "even more stupid stuff" after the game  That being said:

1. I'm not a guy...I'm a gal (no guy has a screen name of "lynbug").
2. What's wrong with being hopeful for the next three games?
3. Does anyone disagree that our options are shrinking as we approach SECT time?
4. The sometimes "circus atmosphere" on the board can be therapeutic...especially after a frustrating loss.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: 31to6 on February 21, 2018, 08:59:34 pm
NCAA really going to burn 50+ programs to the ground?

Auburn football says hi as they polish they crystal ball.

I will believe it when I see it.

I hate to say it but you are correct. Nothing major will come of any of this. Nothing will change the cheaters at the bigtime places won't have anything done to them significant. Look at North Carolina.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 21, 2018, 08:27:56 pm
I hate to scold you like I did there and I'll lose sleep over it tonight. A guy like you should be a mod at worst or admin in my opinion.  In fact most would commend you on the way you handled the OP.  I guess I'm just so used to Joe blowing his stack that I think everyone should handle things that way.

You've forgotten more about stuff on hogville than most here will ever know.  If anything I think that your post reprimanding the OP should be used as exhibit A if they examine your work here and are ready to name you an administrator here.

That's the way you correct somebody without hitting them between the eyes with a two by four like we're used to. 

Good post, Skandar. I think not having FCJ's whereabouts pinned down has gotten us all a little off kilter. Personally, I'm still disappointed that there weren't any FCJ post game assessment based dust ups and bantments cast down in here a couple nights ago.

That's probably a bit selfish though. I know FCJ will be back on the wagon at some point and being the legend provocateur that he is, it will certainly create a decent buffet of pent up hostility amongst the sourpusses and rabble rousers. I expect nothing less than some good ol fashioned, verbal haymakers and maybe a few post based, tube sock full of nickels like bashings once he returns. That's really what keeps this here Jump Ball drink stirring after all.

As for modulating and administradulating, I'd never accept it, even if Landy was to for some insane reason offer it. I would though accept a position if Landy were to go ahead and create that Prison Forum as an alternative to bantment I initiated and continue to lobby for. My stipulations though have increased. It must be called "The Harry Rex, OTR, and Reverend Jerry Honorary Prison Forum For Wayward Posters" and I get to select a team of wardens(you, PWJ, FCJ, Delta, Pharmacist, Ponderin, JackRabb, bignasty, bro sev, myself, the new Baylor kid, and a couple others are musts).

Until that happens, my best work here is to continue onward as the eponymous custodian of the society of OTR historians.

99toLife

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 22, 2018, 06:18:15 pm
Good post, Skandar. I think not having FCJ's whereabouts pinned down has gotten us all a little off kilter. Personally, I'm still disappointed that there weren't any FCJ post game assessment based dust ups and bantments cast down in here a couple nights ago.

That's probably a bit selfish though. I know FCJ will be back on the wagon at some point and being the legend provocateur that he is, it will certainly create a decent buffet of pent up hostility amongst the sourpusses and rabble rousers. I expect nothing less than some good ol fashioned, verbal haymakers and maybe a few post based, tube sock full of nickels like bashings once he returns. That's really what keeps this here Jump Ball drink stirring after all.

As for modulating and administradulating, I'd never accept it, even if Landy was to for some insane reason offer it. I would though accept a position if Landy were to go ahead and create that Prison Forum as an alternative to bantment I initiated and continue to lobby for. My stipulations though have increased. It must be called "The Harry Rex, OTR, and Reverend Jerry Honorary Prison Forum For Wayward Posters" and I get to select a team of wardens(you, PWJ, FCJ, Delta, Pharmacist, Ponderin, JackRabb, bignasty, bro sev, myself, the new Baylor kid, and a couple others are musts).

Until that happens, my best work here is to continue onward as the eponymous custodian of the society of OTR historians.

FCJ is all knowing and everywhere at all times, you may not detect his presence but he is here. Be careful, very very careful of what you post or you may experience his wrath.   ;)

cram224

Some of these posts have got a lot of fancy ways to saying things. I'm just confused, like FCJ.

golfinpig

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 10:22:41 am
What is funny is we have posters who say do what ever it takes to win in football, if you aint cheating you ait trying, etc, then they want to use running a clean program as an excuse for not winning.

And there is no way that every team that is better in basketball than the Hogs is cheating. They just have better coaches and those better coaches get better players.
You make far too much sense to be on this board.

Athog

Quote from: 31to6 on February 20, 2018, 05:18:02 pm
Agree. People respect banners. We haven't hung a Final 4 banner since '95 and we haven't been in the S-16 in over 20 years.

Want respect?

Win.

Says it all ! Quit whining and win!