22 (31.9%)
MIKE NORVELL
34 (49.3%)
BRENT VENABLES
13 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: December 16, 2017, 01:27:00 pm

Dropkick

November 08, 2017, 02:56:10 pm Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:24:32 pm by Dropkick
Frito Pie buyout is too large to consider.

brenthog

MIIKE has two I's for a double dose of pimpin!

ipigsooie

Quote from: brenthog on November 08, 2017, 02:58:07 pm

That alone earns my vote.

howie76

Wildhog

Quote from: brenthog on November 08, 2017, 02:58:07 pm

U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

Lane Kiffin. He is the most prepared to take use back to Petrino Level.

Great offensive mind, knows it's about recruiting, understands the SEC and had learned from his mistakes.

Not to mention he is hilarious

Dropkick

Dropkick

November 08, 2017, 03:35:47 pm #7 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:17:19 pm by Dropkick
Quote from: howie76 on November 08, 2017, 02:59:51 pm
Wrong board
True, mods please move

Thanks

Hawghiggs

Chad Morris or Mark Hudspeth.

The Hawg Marshal

The_Iceman

Chad Morris
-built the SMU program from scratch
-strong recruiting ties in Texas
-great offensive mind

The Hawg Marshal

I would have no problem with Morris.

Matt Burks

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 08, 2017, 03:44:00 pm
Chad Morris
-great offensive mind

He is very likely going to end up at A&M

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 08, 2017, 05:01:57 pm
He is very likely going to end up at A&M
Big rumor now is Jimbo to aTm.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 08, 2017, 05:08:01 pm
Big rumor now is Jimbo to aTm.

Jimbo?  As in Jimbo Fisher?  Florida State Jimbo Fisher?

Dropkick

That would change a few scenarios

Ironhawg

Hey OP, why no Gus in your poll? 

ipigsooie

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 08, 2017, 03:44:00 pm
Chad Morris
-great offensive mind

Smu is 6-3 with two really tough road games ahead. One is against a fan favorite Mike norvell. If we hire a 6-5 coach from the AAC, after losing to Memphis, hv may break.

Dropkick

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:31:01 pm
Hey OP, why no Gus in your poll? 
Figured it would derail thread

Ironhawg

ipigsooie

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:28:47 pm
Jimbo?  As in Jimbo Fisher?  Florida State Jimbo Fisher?

Yes that has been the rumor. Probably Jimbo trying to make more money or keep his feet off the fire after their crappy season. The connection is the ad at A&M was at LSU when jimbo was there.

Ironhawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 05:52:41 pm
Yes that has been the rumor. Probably Jimbo trying to make more money or keep his feet off the fire after their crappy season. The connection is the ad at A&M was at LSU when jimbo was there.

Wow.  That would really change the scenarios.

brenthog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 06:22:17 pm
Wow.  That would really change the scenarios.

Jimbo cant leave the state of Florida or he loses his kids.

Dropkick

Almost 2 to 1 for Norvell vs the field so far

JONAS

I want Norvell, but will be happy to get Morris.  I just have a feeling Long is going to hire someone that nobody on this board has mentioned. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 05:31:22 pm
Smu is 6-3 with two really tough road games ahead. One is against a fan favorite Mike norvell. If we hire a 6-5 coach from the AAC, after losing to Memphis, hv may break.

There is a reason a&m wants him. Because it is not about the record. It's about where a program was when the coach took over, and where it is now.

Swestwill66

Long is after a big fish! Sources say another BIG 10 hire. Big name.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 05:52:41 pm

It's about 10 mill to buyout Jimbo in addition to firing Sumlin and not including what A&M would have to pay Jimbo.

I find this very unlikely.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 08, 2017, 09:31:05 pm
It's about 10 mill to buyout Jimbo in addition to firing Sumlin and not including what A&M would have to pay Jimbo.

I find this very unlikely.
I agree, probably just rumor. But if you talk  to a aTm fan it takes them about 2 seconds to start  telling you how much money they have to spend on a coach.

hawgball40

I like the coach at Purdue, i know he's unproven and his team sucks but, he comes from the right coaching tree and runs the right offense that could make us pretty competitive in the SEC. I believe that an offense like that bridges the gap in recruiting long enough for you to start making some coup's in recruiting down the road and build a program. His teams look competitive even though they suck right now. I think he'll be a good coach in the long run, i'd like for it be for us.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 08, 2017, 09:40:50 pm
I like the coach at Purdue, i know he's unproven and his team sucks but, he comes from the right coaching tree and runs the right offense that could make us pretty competitive in the SEC. I believe that an offense like that bridges the gap in recruiting long enough for you to start making some coup's in recruiting down the road and build a program. His teams look competitive even though they suck right now. I think he'll be a good coach in the long run, i'd like for it be for us.
With Long doing the picking, you could possibly get your wish. The guy is really unpredictable. Who knows what he's looking for.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Swestwill66 on November 08, 2017, 09:29:20 pm
Long is after a big fish! Sources say another BIG 10 hire. Big name.

This isn't funny of its a joke.

East Clintwood

Looks like Norvell is in the lead.  I hope we're talking with his people.  But we don't want to put all of our eggs in one basket so I hope we're also talking with None of the Above's people too.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

King Kong

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 08, 2017, 09:37:15 pm
I agree, probably just rumor. But if you talk  to a aTm fan it takes them about 2 seconds to start  telling you how much money they have to spend on a coach.

Yeah, I mean they do have money. But that's a lot of hoops to jump through for a coach to take at best a lateral job.

IMO FSU is a much better job. But I could understand arguments that could make it a lateral move.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: King Kong on November 09, 2017, 06:32:43 am
Yeah, I mean they do have money. But that's a lot of hoops to jump through for a coach to take at best a lateral job.

IMO FSU is a much better job. But I could understand arguments that could make it a lateral move.
I agree with you, but there is some chatter that Jimbo wants out of FSU for some reason, and that there is a faction there that wants to let him leave. How much truth there is to any of it is anyone's guess.But rumors are out there that they would waive his buyout if he wanted to leave. Who knows?

GuvHog

I voted Norvell but he's actually #2 on my list.

My #1 choice isn't listed above.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dropkick

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 09:03:02 am
I voted Norvell but he's actually #2 on my list.

My #1 choice isn't listed above.
Who is your #1 Guv?

This is not my wish list. I just listed a few sitting HCs I think we would have a reasonable shot at.

King Kong

Quote from: Dropkick on November 09, 2017, 11:17:24 am
Who is your #1 Guv?

This is not my wish list. I just listed a few sitting HCs I think we would have a reasonable shot at.

Venables

Dropkick

GuvHog

Quote from: Dropkick on November 09, 2017, 11:17:24 am
Who is your #1 Guv?

Brent Venables. He's currently the DC at Clemson.

ChicoHog

I would love Venables.  I guy who has coached AND recruited at the highest level.  From this list I chose Campbell just because of Iowa St turnaround, especially defensively.  Very impressive.  I would have no problem with Norvell, would love Frost, Brohm would be ok. Not a big fan of Morris but he is ok i guess.  Leach would be about 125 on my list. 

HF#1

I've given it much thought and consideration but I think Gus is the right dude if we can get him.

Folks on this list, I'll pass.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dropkick

Quote from: HF#1 on November 09, 2017, 01:09:34 pm
I've given it much thought and consideration but I think Gus is the right dude if we can get him.

Folks on this list, I'll pass.
I'm not a fan of Gus by any means but it would be an improvement and I would support the hire.

Dropkick

Okay, I moved the goalpost and reset the choices to the 3 names I see bandied about the most.

What say ye?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Dropkick on November 16, 2017, 12:23:36 pm
Okay, I moved the goalpost and reset the choices to the 3 names I see bandied about the most.

What say ye?

I'm not allowed to vote. What kind of poll is this?

FWIW....Venables gets my vote.

The Hawg Marshal

HF#1

Gus (With Steele) or Venables are my preferences.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GuvHog

Quote from: Dropkick on November 16, 2017, 12:23:36 pm

What say ye?

You need to change the date that the voting closes. Nov. 11th was last Saturday.

Dropkick

Quote from: GuvHog on November 16, 2017, 12:45:09 pm
You need to change the date that the voting closes. Nov. 11th was last Saturday.
Sorry guys. Fixed, I think.......

Hawginj

Norvell no surprise, philosophy fits program and talent, fits recruiting base, young energetic potentially huge upside, very good recruiter, strong special teams