Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 22 THREAD: #4 Arkansas (16-4, 3-0 SEC) @ Charlotte (11-8, 2-1 C-USA)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 21, 2018, 07:20:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS vs Charlotte 49ers
at Hayes Stadium  3:00 p.m.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 22 THREAD
   #4 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS ( 16-4, 3-0 SEC) vs Charlotte 49ers (11-8, 2-1 C-USA)

This is game 1 of what was supposed to be a 2 game series however game 1 was rained out and will not be rescheduled.

Wednesday's First Pitch is set for 3:00 p.m. central time and THIS GAME WILL BE TELEVISED on CST.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

WiscoPig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog, JHicks3636 and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0                        3:00 p.m.                 0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Charlotte          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

BigBrandonAllenFan

The Red Army will  transform the Charlotte kulaks into miners for the communist state.  They will be relocated to West Virginia.

BroyledNutts

If we get this one in I'll be surprised ... weather is not cooperating this week ... and it's a chilly 41* there ...

JHGiunta

I do not want to hijack this thread so the mods can move it if need be. I really hope we play this game. Watching the Hog's demolish teams is helping me overcome the most devastating loss I've ever had to endure. Anything to take my mind off losing my oldest son last Wednesday evening. He was only 23. Go Hogs!

hawg1221

Sorry to hear that. I lost my step daughter in January to brain cancer at age 20. May God bless you!

philiphog

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 21, 2018, 01:47:50 pm
I do not want to hijack this thread so the mods can move it if need be. I really hope we play this game. Watching the Hog's demolish teams is helping me overcome the most devastating loss I've ever had to endure. Anything to take my mind off losing my oldest son last Wednesday evening. He was only 23. Go Hogs!

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 21, 2018, 01:53:40 pm
Sorry to hear that. I lost my step daughter in January to brain cancer at age 20. May God bless you!

So so sorry for both of your losses!

COACHINTEXAS

Sir,
I can't imagine the hurt and pain that you are going through; it has to be the worst pain any parent can go through. May God give you peace and love; may he bless your family!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

swineology

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 21, 2018, 12:47:13 pm
If we get this one in I'll be surprised ... weather is not cooperating this week ... and it's a chilly 41* there ...

Friend of mine said that it's snowing in Knoxville, maybe the game gets snowed out, LOL

Wisco Pig

JHGiunta and hawg1221:  I am profoundly sorry.  I hope the team can provide some measure of consolation for you in the coming weeks and months.

Kevin

My prayers to you guys for your lose.  The nor easter has moved on. Should play, it is going to be cold
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wisco Pig

The Hogs' starting lineup has been posted to the team Twitter account.

Razorbacks#1

I do not want to hijack this thread so the mods can move it if need be. I really hope we play this game. Watching the Hog’s demolish teams is helping me overcome the most devastating loss I’ve ever had to endure. Anything to take my mind off losing my oldest son last Wednesday evening. He was only 23. Go Hogs!
Tragic news my friend. Stay strong.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 21, 2018, 01:53:40 pm
Same applies hawg1221. Stay strong. God bless both of you.

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

returntoglory

So does another cancelled game help us rest or hurt our momentum?

Wisco Pig

The starting lineup for Charlotte:

1 3b  Tommy Bullock, R, .306
2 cf   Reece Hampton, B, .369
3 1b  Jackson Mims, R, .380
4 dh  Harris Yett, R, .419
5 lf    Drew Ober, R, .275
6 rf   Dominick Cammarata, R, .304
7 c    Zack Smith, L, .241
8 ss   Hunter Jones, R, .221
9 2b  Tate Pennington, R, .302

p    Chase Gooding, R  (2-0, 2.77, 13 IP)   

pigture perfect

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 21, 2018, 02:06:37 pm
JHGiunta and hawg1221:  I am profoundly sorry.  I hope the team can provide some measure of consolation for you in the coming weeks and months.
I lost my son in 2011, and this crew and the game threads have been a great blessing to me. Praying for you both.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorbackfan86

Wisco Pig

The pre-game show has begun on radio.  Phil Elson says the wind is blowing out.

razCzar

FWIW:
Charlotte is technically UNC-Charlotte with an enrollment of 29,000, which is similar to UA.
Mascot is Norm the Niner.
;D

GO get'em HOGS!

razCzar

Wisco Pig

Charlotte's starting pitcher, Chase Gooding, is a junior.
Before coming to Charlotte, he spent two years at Allen Community College in Kansas.

Knot2brite

For those that have lost children at a young age...you are in my prayers
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

TexasDad

There really are no words for this, it's every parent's worst fear. Your in my thoughts and prayers. God bless

Tony Perkis

Going with our weekend lineup (minus Shaddy). You have to think yesterday's game would have been the time for some younger guys to get some reps. Important for the regulars to see pitches heading into the Florida series.

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 1st                 0

Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Charlotte          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Elson says there might be more Hog fans in the park than 49er fans.

For the visiting Razorbacks in the first:

Biggers, .368
Cole, .388
Martin, .393

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Need help, trying to listen to the game at work. Normally the radio link is on the Arkansas website but it is not there.

Wisco Pig

Biggers leads off the game by running the count full and then pops out to the second baseman.

Wisco Pig

Cole grounds back to the pitcher on the first pitch.  Cole's out, 1-3.

Two outs for Martin.

Wisco Pig

Martin runs the count full and then strikes out looking.

After a half-inning, no score.

swineology

Razorbacks#1

0                        Bot 1st                 0

Arkansas        0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

In the first for Charlotte:

Bullock, 3B     .306
Hampton, CF  .369
Mims, 1B        .380

Mims played 3B in the game I saw vs. UGa in Athens.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Hampton, a switch hitter, is next.   He leads the 49ers with 31 base hits.

Hampton strikes out looking at a 2-2 pitch, just like Bullock.

Two outs.

razCzar

Wisco Pig

Mims, who leads Charlotte with 4 homers, strikes out swinging on a 2-2 pitch.

Loseke strikes out the side.   After an inning, no score.

razorbackfan86

Razorbacks#1

0                        Top 2nd                 0

Arkansas        0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Charlotte        0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Tony Perkis

Wisco Pig

In the 2nd for Arkansas:

Bonfield, .386
Fletcher, .203
McFarland, .368

Wisco Pig

Bonfield opens the 2nd by striking out swinging at a 1-2 pitch.

Wisco Pig