Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (12-5, 2-3) @ Florida (12-5, 4-1)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 17, 2018, 05:35:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

OREB   DREB
Ark   11       15
Fla    7         20

DeepFreeze

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on January 17, 2018, 07:28:37 pm
I'd settle for decent college talent at this point

Yeah, Gafford will make it on athletic ability but not high cause he cant shoot from the outside and he's not more athletic than NBA players.

The rest, well we are stuck with what we got.

Dominicanhog

thebignasty

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2018, 07:30:34 pm
No we just decided to play one of our best +/- players to start the second half, the one we benched to allow mizzou to come back

I don't think playing one player gets you a 30% point swing in fg percentage.  Our defense is predicated on turning folks over, which we still are not doing.

Everyone who can handle the ball gets looks on us.  Florida just isn't making 70% of them now.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HawgHeadCheese

riccoar

HogsonHicks

Quote from: DeepFreeze on January 17, 2018, 07:27:26 pm
We just don't have alot of pro talent out there.  Same goes for football.

Just don't know how we can get pass that fact.

This isn't a talent issue.  We have as much or more talent than Florida.  We have a future first-round pick playing big minutes.

Dominicanhog

PonderinHog

DeepFreeze

Allen does hate us.

I do have to wonder why Jones didn't start the 2nd half over Hall.

Knot2brite

No one uses the back board anymore ...on a put back use the back board
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 17, 2018, 07:35:02 pm
This isn't a talent issue.  We have as much or more talent than Florida.  We have a future first-round pick playing big minutes.
that needs to learn how to not foul, he had that problem forever
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

thebignasty

Quote from: DeepFreeze on January 17, 2018, 07:36:26 pm
Allen does hate us.

until he made a couple threes here, he hadn't taken a shot that looked half decent in a month.

TebowHater

Quote from: DeepFreeze on January 17, 2018, 07:36:26 pm
Allen does hate us.

You clearly have not watched the hogs since December.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

TheSportsGuy

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: thebignasty on January 17, 2018, 07:37:39 pm
until he made a couple threes here, he hadn't taken a shot that looked half decent in a month.

yep, we do that to people.. same for the 2nd string QB ..

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hawgball40

PonderinHog

Quote from: thebignasty on January 17, 2018, 07:37:39 pm
Did you see the first half?

TebowHater

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2018, 07:38:59 pm
yep, we do that to people.. same for the 2nd string QB ..

Lol this first post was in reference to one of our own players...

TebowHater

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 17, 2018, 07:39:29 pm
Did you see the first half?

Guys, that post was clearly in response to the Jones over Hall comment. Not Allen.

Letsroll1200

thebignasty

SugarHillGaHog

Looks to me Florida has cooled off.  Do the guys want to take advantage of it is the question

TebowHater

Quote from: thebignasty on January 17, 2018, 07:41:43 pm
Yeah.

What'd CJ do that screamed "he needs to start the 2nd half!" ?

They think you were talking about Allen not having made a shot in a month. Obviously you were referring to Jones, and were correct. Zero evidence he should have started 2 half over hall

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Quote from: TebowHater on January 17, 2018, 07:41:03 pm
Guys, that post was clearly in response to the Jones over Hall comment. Not Allen.
I see that now!   ;D

NorthDallas40

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2018, 06:15:34 pm
He hasn't said anything that isn't obvious... In this thread that is.
Team is playing hard! 3 senior guards and NBA talent at center. I bet we only lose by 6!!!

PonderinHog

HogsonHicks

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 17, 2018, 07:39:15 pm
that was a big boy move by gafford. what a boss

Yes it was.  Yet we refuse to throw him the ball on the block most of the time, preferring to jack up a contested 1 on 1 shot.

panhandlepig

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

jm

I hate knowing that we will lose before the game even starts!
I hate being the worst team in the league...

PrimHawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on January 17, 2018, 07:43:21 pm
Yes it was.  Yet we refuse to throw him the ball on the block most of the time, preferring to jack up a contested 1 on 1 shot.

Agree totally. Throw him the ball!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 17, 2018, 07:28:09 pm
They are very selfish and look to be jealous of Gafford. They could get him the ball a lot more and it would open thing up for them too.

Yep, attitudes and maturity issues are what's plaguing this team. We don't have players that care much for the assist or making guys better. Some of our guys have more of a "I'll need to take the shot because if I get fouled, I can make free throws" or a "I'm the guy on this team, not you" mentality.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

HawgHeadCheese

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

TebowHater

Quote from: jm on January 17, 2018, 07:45:00 pm

LOL, we are disappointingly bad, but we are obviously not the worst in the league...

HogsonHicks

Drama much?

Hulk HOGan

thebignasty

lol, we arent playing well right now but this is hilarious

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required