Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News on recruiting the all-important SEC defensive linemen

Started by jbcarol, May 08, 2012, 12:06:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Justin Hopkins ‏@JHopkins247 13h
#Vandy Commit Jashon Robertson http://247sports.com/Player/Jashon-Robertson-19697 ... RT @J_Rob51: Reopening my recruitment
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Woody Wommack ‏@RivalsWoody 5h
Rivals250 DT and Vanderbilt commit @MikeSawyers_75 tells me he will not being considering Penn State going forward.

Woody Wommack ‏@RivalsWoody 4h
Rivals250 DT and Vanderbilt commit @MikeSawyers_75 also said he'll decide whether to visit Vandy again based on coaching hire
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 06, 2014, 12:41:18 pm
Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣ ‏@FballIsLife69 2h
Me Not Committing Saturday Did Not Hurt UK Chances At All Just Didnt Feel Comfortable Doing It There It Was Set Up Weird !! #BBN

Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣ ‏@FballIsLife69 2h
Did Not Like How The @ArmyAllAmerican Was Sett Up, Or The Week But I Appreciate Everything Yall Do For Athletes Very Prestigious Honor !!

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 4h
New Story: Auction selling alleged Matt Elam jersey removed by seller from eBay http://dlvr.it/4j2gbB

jbcarol

6.0-rated Brooklyn Abraham Lincoln DT Thomas Holley gave a verbal to Florida.

jbcarol

John Talty ‏@JTalty 3h
MSU juco DL commit Will Coleman "@WillColetjc: Well my recruiter les Koeinning just left for Texas, defiantly will affect my decision now." (sic)

jbcarol

John Talty ‏@JTalty 11h
Ole miss target "@MikeSawyers_75: Just de-committed from Vandy . Wish everyone luck in the future ."

5.8-rated DT from Nashville. 

jbcarol

Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣ @FballIsLife69
Heading To Ttown Right Now Bama Here I Come !! Cant Wait To Get My Official Started !!  #RTR #Bama #RollTide

jbcarol

Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣ ‏@FballIsLife69  Jan 19
Riding Four Wheelers At Coach Sabans House Was The Most Fun I Had In A While Until @starbo06 Wreck It Lmfao 😂😂😂😂 Sorry Coach !! #RTR

[Bo Scarbrough]

Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣ ‏@FballIsLife69  Jan 19
Just Riding In Coach Saban Mercedes !! 😎😎 #RollTide #Ballin pic.twitter.com/1dUAUS9b0C

Retweeted by Matt Elam™6⃣9⃣
DC ‏@DavidCornwell5  Jan 19
"@chilltweetss: Lol who did this? pic.twitter.com/QkAe0fdR8V" yes😂😂😂

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 4 hrs
4-star Alabama commit Josh Frazier taking official visit to USC http://ow.ly/sNkgn

H/T: Tom W. from the Recruiting Forum.

jbcarol

Mike Sawyers Jr ‏@MikeSawyers_75 Jan 23
In home with Coach Freeze last night was fun

5.8-rated Nashville DT

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC 3 hrs
NEW: Top uncommitted DT to make unofficial visit to #UGA and if things go well ... http://wp.me/p3Xdrl-7T

UGA is a darkhorse candidate for one of the state's top uncommitted prospects.

Andrew Williams, a 4-star defensive tackle from ECLA, plans to take an unofficial visit to UGA early next week to meet with coaches. If things go well, Williams could return for an official visit at UGA next Friday, the final weekend before signing day.

UGA's flirtation adds some spice to what was once considered a two-horse race between Auburn and Clemson. The 6-foot-4, 247-pound Williams visited Auburn last weekend, and leaves for Clemson on Friday.

It could be a wild finish.

"I'm going to wait until signing day (to decide)," Williams told the AJC on Thursday night. "I still have a couple of schools I want to visit.  I don't have any top schools right now. I'm just trying to get all my visits in, and then lay out the facts and numbers."

The relationship between UGA and Williams has taken a lot of twists and turns over the last couple of years. Williams didn't get much love from UGA when Rodney Garner was the team's defensive line coach – which was ironic because Garner later became one of the main reasons that Auburn is now considered the school to beat.

The impact of the coaching carousel in evidence.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  1h
Alabama lands commitment from 4-star 2015 DT Jonathan Ledbetter http://ow.ly/sX4Um

QuoteBama picked up its fifth commitment for the 2015 recruiting class on Saturday as Tucker, Georgia defensive tackle Jonathan Ledbetter pledged his commitment to the Crimson Tide.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 50m
Defensive tackle Dalvon Stuckey no longer committed to Auburn (report). http://ow.ly/sZYOO

Pearl River CC 3- or 4-star was previously committed to Miami.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 1 hr
Five-star defensive tackle Matt Elam's mother willing to move if son picks Alabama (report) http://ow.ly/t4H3G

FWIW, Kentucky Sports Radio reported that Elam will announce in the high school gym (in Elizabethtown, KY) but the students will view via closed circuit TV in their classrooms.

jbcarol

Elizabethtown (Ky.) John Hardin defensive tackle Matt Elam will announce his decision between Alabama and Kentucky at noon.

In an interview with 247Sports, Elam's coach at John Hardin, Chad Lewis, said the 6-foot-5, 350-pound U.S. Army All-American's decision is likely to come down to comfort level and preparation for a future professional career.

"I just think at the end of the day that Matt is going to go where he feels comfortable," Lewis said. "I think that's going to be the deciding factor from hearing Matt talk over this period. He wants to go where he feels comfortable, he wants to go where he feels like he's going to get developed to ultimately play in the NFL one day. That's every kid's goal and if it doesn't work out, it's important that he has a degree to fall back on."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/01/matt_elams_coach_comfort_level.html

jbcarol

With one of Alabama's top defensive tackle targets announcing his decision Thursday, Josh Frazier eased any remaining anxiety surrounding his commitment Wednesday.

The four-star defensive tackle had planned to visit USC this weekend, but opted to pass on his "childhood favorite" and reaffirm his commitment to Alabama.

Frazier is one of four defensive tackles committed to Alabama for the 2014 class. A commitment from Matt Elam on Thursday would make it five.

Alabama coach Nick Saban visited one of those defensive tackles, O.J. Smith (Bossier City, La.), on Wednesday.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/01/4-star_defensive_tackle_josh_f.html

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 50 mins
Matt Elam has committed to Kentucky.

Has one of the widest range in recruiting service evaluation.

jbcarol

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer  Jan 30
Strange. RT @flasportsbuzz: DT Michael Wyche de-committing from UM because of obscure ACC rule involving consecutive months spent at JC

5.6-rated, 6-4, 330 East LA College DT was committed to Miami

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247  2h
#Auburn was hopeful 4-star DT Albert Huggins would visit today. He told me last night he can't make it ...

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247  2h
"@BigTrent_78: I'm about to head to FSU" //// 5-star 2015 DT Trent Thompson #FSU #Noles

Albany, Ga DT visiting FSU. Top of SEC also in the hunt.

jbcarol

Elisha shaw ‏@elisha_shaw  Jan 30
Signing day is right around the corner #Alabama #UGA

6-4 3 bills, Tucker DT sat out 2013 with a neck injury

jbcarol

John Talty ‏@JTalty ·41 mins
Looks like Brandon DL Kyle Strickland will double sign with Arkansas State and Co-Lin tomorrow.

Hedging his bets with the JuCo.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Evan Woodbery ‏@TennesseeBeat  26s
Lineman Jashon Robertson is Vols' 10th signee. The defensive tackle from Nashville is a former Vandy commit.

jbcarol

Tom Martin ‏@TomMartinKATC  52m
Louisville & Arkansas want an answer from Tae Thibodeaux, who never visited either. 2 offers literally on the table: pic.twitter.com/IlQVFCHqjb

jbcarol

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch  16h
121 different head coaches tomorrow: "I really like this class." My advice: Listen carefully to who brags about their d-line signees.

jbcarol

Dexter Wideman decommited from Florida and committed to South Carolina.

5.8-rated Saluda DT

jbcarol

Elisha Shaw was a highly recruited defensive tackle in Tucker, Ga., when he suffered a neck injury that ended his senior season before it began. Shaw recently learned that due to the injury, he's unlikely to ever play again.

On national signing day Wednesday, however, Shaw committed to Alabama as part of a Tucker High signing ceremony that included 15 other athletes. He did not sign a letter of intent, according to Tucker High coach Bryan Lamar, but will receive a medical hardship scholarship. The medical exemption allows Alabama to pay his tuition without counting him against the Crimson Tide's 85-scholarship limit.

In July, before the injury, Shaw (6-4, 295) had considered Alabama his favorite from among his 17 scholarship offers. Lamar went so far as to say Shaw was a "silent commitment" before the injury, which he suffered during preseason drills in August.

"It meant a lot to him," Lamar said of the scholarship. "As a kid, he had his heart set on Alabama. ... The kid was probably the best defensive tackle in the country."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_honors_scholarship_off.html

Shaw has plans to help out in some way in the Athletic Department. Link has a picture of his signing ceremony.

jbcarol

Report that Mississippi State extended an offer to 6.0-rated Orangeburg DT/SDE Albert Huggins.

UGa and Clemson are reported to be high on his list.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC ·21 hrs
As expected, DT Trent Thompson has passed OL Mitch Hyatt for GA's No. 1 prospect for 2015 in 247 composite rankings

jbcarol

Top Ten National Defensive Tackles from the 2014 class landing at SEC schools as rated by 247

Thomas Holley       98   UF  Brooklyn Abe Lincoln
Matt Elam              98  UK  Elizabethtown John Hardin
Gerald Willis          98   UF  New Orleans Edna Karr
Travonte Valentine  97  LSU Hialeah Champagnat Catholic
Josh Frazier           97 Bama Springdale Har-Ber
Dexter Wideman     96  SC  Saluda
Bijhon Jackson       95  Ark  El Dorado

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 ·7 mins
"@BigTrent_78: I forgot to tell y'all about my vandy offer my bad" /// No. 1 player in the 247Composite, DT Trent Thompson

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 ·53 mins
Is it me or does it seem like the more drama there is with a prospect's recruitment, the less likely he does anything in college?

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC  2h
Who would be surprised to see a #Vols package deal of 2-3 kids out of Creekside (Ga) HS? Not me.

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC  1h
Whats really interesting about all this recruiting action at Creekside HS is team's best prospect may be 2016 DT Lavaris Berkeley (6-5, 315)

jbcarol

4-star DEs James Lockhart and Darian Roseboro get offers from Bama.

jbcarol

Jozie_Milton73 ‏@JozieMilton  Mar 1
Coach Gundy has his own postage stamp! 👌#osu #cowboys pic.twitter.com/0dNgiVCBRw

Eric Henderson ‏@Coach_Henny  5h
It's not about how early u get recruited, how many offers you have but rather the QUALITY of fit for #YOU. Find BEST situation for YOU!

jbcarol

Chris Low: Among JuCos to watch this spring

QuoteC.J. Johnson, DT, Kentucky: The Wildcats lost Donte Rumph and "They Call Me" Mister Cobble in the middle of their defensive line, so there's plenty of opportunity for the 6-3, 295-pound Johnson to show what he can do this spring. Kentucky held on to Johnson despite Miami pushing hard until the very end.

Abu Lamin, DT, South Carolina: The Gamecocks need a run-stuffer in the middle, and the 6-4, 295-pound Lamin fits that bill. He has three years of eligibility remaining and has the kind of burst off the ball and overall athleticism to develop into much more than just a run-stopper for the Gamecocks.

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247  8h
FREE: Get to know the top #Auburn DT targets -- including three 5-star kids http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/A-look-at-Auburns-top-defensive-tackle-targets-181345 ...

jbcarol

⭕Coach Owens❌ ‏@_Coach_O  10h
@RecruitingAJC Florida Gators have offered 2015 DL 6'4 260lbs DaQuan Hawkins http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2838157/daquan-hawkins ... ... ... ... ... #Gators 🐊

jbcarol

Loganville Grayson 6-4, 255 3-star D-lineman Justin Young gave a verbal to UGa.

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi ·3 hrs
In-state DE visiting #UF today | http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php via @Gator_sports #Gators

Gibsonton East Bay DE Marques Ford (6-3,222)

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi ·Mar 29
LB Adonis Thomas. RT "@_SimplyThatGuy5: Enjoyed UF as usual. Excited to get back down for Spring game "

jbcarol

The No. 1-ranked college football prospect for 2015 spent an entire day on an unofficial visit to Georgia Tech's campus on Wednesday.

Trenton Thompson is a 6-foot-4, 300-pound defensive lineman from Albany's Westover High School.

Here are five reasons that Georgia Tech has a chance of signing the nation's top prospect:

1. Because he said so...

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC ·29 mins
Trenton Thompson's coach said 5-star may go to UGA this wkd with his mother: http://wp.me/p3Xdrl-tP

jbcarol

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247 ·2h
#Auburn offers the nation's No. 2 prospect overall in East St. Louis (Ill.) High DL Terry Beckner Jr. ...

jbcarol

'15 6-7, 250 Washington, DC Ballou 3-to-4-star SDE Levon Livingston gave a verbal to UK.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC  19h
2017 DE MJ Webb of Morgan Co (Ga) was offered today by #Bama Nick Saban --> pic.twitter.com/j0kqzJESxo

jbcarol

Bama got a verbal last weekend from 6-6, 230, 4-to-5 star WDE Mekhi Brown from Columbus Carver.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@RecruitingAJC  1m
Parkview HS (Ga) DL GG Robinson says he was offered by Mississippi State today. His father played at Auburn