Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satellite camps are back on

Started by ricepig, April 28, 2016, 12:45:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

Great, now let's get to Texas and New Jersey.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Cure on April 28, 2016, 12:46:53 pm
Great, now let's get to Texas and New Jersey.

I guarantee you CBB is calling Jerry Jones as we speak... Haha
Calling the Hogs from DFW

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

I don't see how this will change anything.  If everyone gets to do it that is. 

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: The Big O Oliver Squeeler on April 28, 2016, 01:23:47 pm
If you're talking about changing Arkansas recruiting, then it's because it will open the door for us to have a greater presence in more talent-rich parts of the nation without a lot of risk to our current recruiting pipelines.

It's schools like Florida and Texas that will lose from this. Schools like ours will gain, and gain a lot if we exploit it properly.

presidenthog

this helps arkansas and G5 schools the most. alabama/texas/florida. this doesn't help them at all.

Cure

Arkansas benefits tremendously from this due to the exposure. Bielema and staff will be able to get more a footing in areas because of their ability to work with coaches and kids in new areas.

Arkansas has a true pro style offense and the more coaches across the country that take notice to that, the better the recruiting will be, especially for teams that struggle in that area.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

ricepig

Seebs

Danny coming strong with a nice fact sheet
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

presidenthog

this is a good thing for us. I'm actually glad they lifted the ban. I was mad about it at first.

Piggfoot

Who thinks Jerry Jones will rent out Cowboy stadium to schools other than the Hogs?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Piggfoot

DeltaBoy

Great News  DFW here comes the Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkSoda

Quote from: presidenthog on April 28, 2016, 01:28:48 pm
this helps arkansas and G5 schools the most. alabama/texas/florida. this doesn't help them at all.
they don't need help.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

also mentions that the SEC does not allow participation in camps and what not. 

wonder if the SEC is going to overrule the NCAA here.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on April 28, 2016, 02:19:35 pm
I thought Arkansas and A&M had an exclusive till Bama and was it Mich played there. will be interesting.

Not the same thing, Jerry makes money off of the different football games, the camps would probably cost him money.

navyhog24

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 28, 2016, 02:42:11 pm
also mentions that the SEC does not allow participation in camps and what not. 

wonder if the SEC is going to overrule the NCAA here.

The rule will be lifted May 29

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 02:42:46 pm
Not the same thing, Jerry makes money off of the different football games, the camps would probably cost him money.
good point.

King Kong

Huge for the U of A.

Couple that with Parents being be to fly on officials with Recuits.

Two huge pluses for us in recruiting

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on April 28, 2016, 03:39:16 pm
Huge for the U of A.

Couple that with Parents being be to fly on unofficials with Recuits.

Two huge pluses for us in recruiting

Parents can fly in for Official visits.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 03:41:31 pm
Parents can fly in for Official visits.

That is what I meant to put my bad and my typo

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on April 28, 2016, 03:43:24 pm
That is what I meant to put my bad and my typo

It would be nice if they let them pay for a limited number of unofficial, but I guess we should be happy with what we get.

MJ2

As was stated on the radio recently, each team can still only have 85 total scholarships regardless of where they come from.   So, MI filling their roster with FL kids only means that the other kids MI was signing are now available to other schools.

ricepig

Quote from: MJ2 on April 28, 2016, 03:47:51 pm
As was stated on the radio recently, each team can still only have 85 total scholarships regardless of where they come from.   So, MI filling their roster with FL kids only means that the other kids MI was signing are now available to other schools.

So, your theory is about quantity, not quality?

snoop hawgy hawg

I wonder what it would do for our RB recruiting if D-mac just HAPPEN to be visiting his place of business on the day we HAPPEN to be hosting a RB camp...?😁?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Piggfoot on April 28, 2016, 02:19:35 pm
I thought Arkansas and A&M had an exclusive till Bama and was it Mich played there. will be interesting.

IF I had spent BILLIONS on a stadium then I would rent that sucker out 365 days a year 24 hours a day for anything anybody wants to do in it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkSoda

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 28, 2016, 07:02:57 pm
IF I had spent BILLIONS on a stadium then I would rent that sucker out 365 days a year 24 hours a day for anything anybody wants to do in it.
can you imagine what the AC bill in that thing is?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1775983-cowboys-stadium-uses-more-electricity-on-game-day-than-liberia

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

East Clintwood

It's really just another way to waste time and money.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 28, 2016, 02:37:06 pm
Great News  DFW here comes the Hogs.

That won't be the only place. This is good for us.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 28, 2016, 08:28:15 pm
That won't be the only place. This is good for us.

It's best for the kids who will get a chance to showcase for schools they like but who lack the time or resources to travel to a distant campus. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 28, 2016, 09:53:29 pm
It's best for the kids who will get a chance to showcase for schools they like but who lack the time or resources to travel to a distant campus. 

Agreed.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

This is great for Arkansas for two reasons.  1, it could possibly weaken Bama and LSU recruiting and other teams invade the South and 2, Arkansas holding camps in B1G country and Texass could pay off big time.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

oldbear

The ones this helps the most are the smaller schools and the kids who aren't D1 players. The ban was a bad thing. Very few of the kids who go to camps are D1 players. This also allows big schools to bring in coaches from small schools to help with their camps and those coaches see kids they can recruit that the big schools would not.

To me that is the most important part of it.

Hogarusa

This isnt going to weaken Bama/LSU recruiting or be a cure for Arkansas.  Hogs are in the greatest conference in the land and on TV every week. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

East TN HAWG

April 29, 2016, 10:40:00 am #46 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:44:41 am by East TN HAWG
This is really good for the kids.  These satellite camps are basically tryouts for scholarships.  If I live in the DFW area, I will now be able to try out in front of multiple schools without leaving home.  This will help those kids that do not have the financial resources to camp at multiple P5 schools. 

Due to a sparse population, I doubt that many P5 schools hold camps in our back yard.  Schools like Memphis, La Tech, ULM may, but not P5 schools.

ricepig

Bielema indicated that we might do as many as planned due to the success we've had lately in recruiting. I suspect, we'll either drop the NJ/Rutgers camp, or the Chicago/NW camp. I don't see anyway we don't keep the Dallas/AT+T camp.

navyhog24

I think we'll probably be doing one with Michigan State as well

ricepig

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 29, 2016, 11:36:36 am
I think we'll probably be doing one with Michigan State as well

I think that was in Chicago, he just mentioned last night that these weren't cheap, weren't in the budget at the beginning of the year, and that we may not do all that we had planned to do. I guess we'll know shortly what are plans are.