Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South end zone big screen coming sooner than thought?

Started by ricepig, April 28, 2016, 08:10:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

I guess this means the end of "Club Bert"  ;D

Sweet! A videoboard in the SEZ is long overdue... I personally would've liked to opt for two smaller boards in the upper-deck corners (a la similar to Bryant Denny), but I'm also not the one paying the big bucks.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

theFlyingHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on April 28, 2016, 09:02:23 am
I guess this means the end of "Club Bret"  ;D

Sweet! A videoboard in the SEZ is long overdue... I personally would've liked to opt for two smaller boards in the upper-deck corners (a la similar to Bryant Denny), but I'm also not the one paying the big bucks.
From the first time I saw the stadium as it currently is I have thought two smaller boards would be perfect for those corners.
I'll trust that they will do something good though

VirginiaHog

I must be missing it. I reread that website, and i dont see anything about a screen on the south endzone. Can someone let me know where i am overlooking it?

ricepig

Quote from: VirginiaHog on April 28, 2016, 11:40:30 am
I must be missing it. I reread that website, and i dont see anything about a screen on the south endzone. Can someone let me know where i am overlooking it?

It's in the Trustee Questions:

At this time, we are projecting a $5-$6 million cost for the new video board in the south end of the stadium. Based on feedback from our fans, a second video board in the south end would further engage them in the game and enhance their overall experience. The installation of the south end video board, will further ensure that every fan in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium will be able to view at least one of the video boards, with a vast majority of fans being able to see both video boards. We are prepared to move forward with this enhancement for all fans prior to the projected completion of the full stadium project by utilizing existing revenue.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 11:47:18 am

At this time, we are projecting a $5-$6 million cost for the new video board in the south end of the stadium. Based on feedback from our fans, a second video board in the south end would further engage them in the game and enhance their overall experience. The installation of the south end video board, will further ensure that every fan in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium will be able to view at least one of the video boards, with a vast majority of fans being able to see both video boards. We are prepared to move forward with this enhancement for all fans prior to the projected completion of the full stadium project by utilizing existing revenue.

Good deal... I think everyone in agreement that this needs to happen ASAP. As I recall, The NEZ video board was installed before any of the other enhancements happened in the last stadium upgrade...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FraggleHog on April 28, 2016, 01:18:08 pm
Good deal... I think everyone in agreement that this needs to happen ASAP. As I recall, The NEZ video board was installed before any of the other enhancements happened in the last stadium upgrade...

But the NEZ board has since then been updated and enlarged as to the video screen size. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 11:47:18 am

"Prior to the projected completion of the full stadium project" can mean a lot of things.
Doubt you see it in 2016. But you never know.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 28, 2016, 07:59:26 pm
"Prior to the projected completion of the full stadium project" can mean a lot of things.
Doubt you see it in 2016. But you never know.

I do too, but Long hasn't poo-pooed it completely, only that it won't be there at the start.

(notOM)Rebel123

At least it's on his radar for "sooner than later". Now, about that Pepsi-Coke issue.....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 28, 2016, 09:13:29 pm
At least it's on his radar for "sooner than later". Now, about that Pepsi-Coke issue.....

Hmm.......