Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

good article

Started by gmarv, April 26, 2016, 01:54:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flagstaffhog

Encouraging article. I'm looking forward to some outstanding linebacker play this season.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

hawginbigd1

I know it is spring and against the 2s but I thought Greenlaw looked a lot better than during the season and looked like he had 10 to 15 more pounds in his pocket. I also thought KJ looked like a real MLB, he didn't have huge tackle numbers but he absolutely filled lanes coming downhill and stopped several blockers dead in their tracks. Something we haven't seen since??????

DeltaBoy

Good article by GRIT !  I expect our D to be way better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarmonger

Enjoyed the article; thank you.  If the linebackers step up and the secondary is as advertised by the early returns, our D will be very solid.  They might even win a game or two.

gmarv

I know you can,t teach speed but brooks will be better just because by now theres probable nothing he hasn,t seen and dre should also be better for having to learn on the fly. I think and hope our defense can look a lot like 2014.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 26, 2016, 08:14:26 pm
I know it is spring and against the 2s but I thought Greenlaw looked a lot better than during the season and looked like he had 10 to 15 more pounds in his pocket. I also thought KJ looked like a real MLB, he didn't have huge tackle numbers but he absolutely filled lanes coming downhill and stopped several blockers dead in their tracks. Something we haven't seen since??????

I appreciate you sharing this so much -- I meant to ask about Kendrick, but I got distracted by other discussions.  Very encouraging!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

longpig

Good to see that Hackett is finally getting it,  had high hopes for him since day one.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: longpig on April 27, 2016, 11:58:25 am
Good to see that Hackett is finally getting it,  had high hopes for him since day one.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Yes, absolutely.  I was blown away last spring how athletic he looked -- like an SEC LB.  And then I was disappointed he didn't show up much last fall.

Randy Ramsey is a big part of what we can be.  But I see lots of really good things happening in our LB corp, and it's only going to get better when Josh Williams gets back and the freshmen show what they can do.

It's about to get good, folks!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

blu

It already is good IMO. We're graduating our student athletes, who are going to class, we're highly competitive in the best conference division in CFB, and our coach is an ok guy who is a real person. It's good. 
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16