Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toughest Schedules 2016

Started by hogcard1964, April 25, 2016, 01:00:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

I like this.

We're mentioned quite a bit.

Give credit to Arkansas for not shying away from tough competition as the Razorbacks have featured one of the toughest schedules in college football over the past four seasons. This one is no different with several key road contests in the opening month against TCU and Texas A&M. Arkansas is 4-9 under Bret Bielema on the road and 12-8 at home which is good news for a squad that plays Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida and LSU in Fayetteville.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-10-teams-featuring-toughest-schedules-in-college-football-in-2016-20160424-story.html

Biggus Piggus

You mean those games aren't in Little Rock?
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 25, 2016, 01:00:28 pm
I like this.

We're mentioned quite a bit.

Give credit to Arkansas for not shying away from tough competition as the Razorbacks have featured one of the toughest schedules in college football over the past four seasons. This one is no different with several key road contests in the opening month against TCU and Texas A&M. Arkansas is 4-9 under Bret Bielema on the road and 12-8 at home which is good news for a squad that plays Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida and LSU in Fayetteville.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-10-teams-featuring-toughest-schedules-in-college-football-in-2016-20160424-story.html
The Hog's difficult year-after-year schedule reminds me of what we always hear leading up to the Master's Golf Tournament: " A tradition like no other...."

bigdaddyhawg

As long as we play in the SECW, and play any team non-conference that has any breath in their bodies, our schedule will be one of the toughest year in and year out.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

TCU concerns me but not the rest in Non Con
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 25, 2016, 01:20:58 pm
The Hog's difficult year-after-year schedule reminds me of what we always hear leading up to the Master's Golf Tournament: " A tradition like no other...."

Reminds me of the movie "Perfect Storm".
Don't be scared, be smart.

East Clintwood

Who will be this years Toledo?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Personally, I'll be glad to be off that list.  I want us making everyone we play to have a tough schedule.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: East Clintwood on April 25, 2016, 02:37:29 pm
Who will be this years Toledo?

LA Tech could be. Really I think there may not be a Toledo b/c Long got smart and put Alcorn St at WMS. If you look back at our truly astounding losses from the past several years, the worst have been at WMS.

lumphog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 25, 2016, 01:03:46 pm
You mean those games aren't in Little Rock?
Drop the stick & stop stirrin the $#!T   ;)

hogsanity

Yet some people think our non-conf schedule needs improved.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lumphog on April 26, 2016, 08:50:36 am
Drop the stick & stop stirrin the $#!T   ;)

I usually like Biggus' posts, but for a Mod to willfully stoke the fire is silly. But looking objectively at it, he's done it regularly, sandwiched between contributing posts.
This is my non-signature signature.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 26, 2016, 09:31:23 am
I usually like Biggus' posts, but for a Mod to willfully stoke the fire is silly. But looking objectively at it, he's done it regularly, sandwiched between contributing posts.

Yes, Biggus can be kind of a b-hole, but that just makes it easier for me to relate to him.  ;)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogcard1964

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 25, 2016, 01:34:49 pm
As long as we play in the SECW, and play any team non-conference that has any breath in their bodies, our schedule will be one of the toughest year in and year out.

+1000

We're almost guaranteed of playing 3-4 top 25 teams by default.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 27, 2016, 09:40:57 am
We're almost guaranteed of playing 3-4 top 25 teams by default.

With four of those teams at RRS in 2016, it will be like going to four high profile bowl games mid season. If we do well against TCU and aTm, the sky will be the limit for tickets on the broker market. Glad mine are already bought and paid for. Would hate to be scrounging for tickets come October.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Murr

I'd have it no other way.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

This.
Barring a slide in the SEC-West quality of opponents, you'll be guaranteed multiple top 25 games.

Here's a typical season of our opponents:
TOP 10:  Bama, LSU
TOP 25:  Auburn, Ole Miss, aTm
And Miss St is a wildcard.   They're more than capable of being top 10, or 25.

SECW is a gauntlet of death.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 27, 2016, 11:10:38 am
With four of those teams at RRS in 2016, it will be like going to four high profile bowl games mid season. If we do well against TCU and aTm, the sky will be the limit for tickets on the broker market. Glad mine are already bought and paid for. Would hate to be scrounging for tickets come October.
last yr those tix were as low as $8 in october
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 27, 2016, 06:58:39 pm
last yr those tix were as low as $8 in october

Well, they could be double that this year, buckaroo.

Kenny Buzzhog

The only reason we schedule a really good team out of conference is strictly for recruiting purposes. Our schedule in conference is plenty good to get us in the playoffs by going 11-1 or 12-0. Theres no doubt about that. That goes without saying. TCU gets us even more exposure in TX. That's why we did it because TX is a VERY critical part of our recruiting. The more great players we get from TX the better our recruiting & teams are. Its always been like that for as far as I remember.

longpig

Quote from: Murr on April 27, 2016, 06:03:20 pm
I'd have it no other way.

Me neither, West champ isn't by default like the East has been last few years.
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

Ole Myth got at pretty stiff one too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.