Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Spin View of Spring Scrimmage

Started by HankHog, April 25, 2016, 08:52:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HankHog

Non Biased observations from the spring game.

- You can't really tell if the defense is great or not because they were going against 2's and 3's all day
- Brooks Ellis still over ran plays and was out of position on most plays.  Just like last year
- Dre Greenlaw looked good.  He was filling holes quickly.
- Randy Ramsey looked skinny and didn't do a whole lot.
- Agim is very good.  He took Skipper to the woodshed multiple times.
- Austin Allen locked on to receivers at the line of scrimmage and never let go.  So bad I could hear others around us talking about it.
- Allen's arm strength to the edge of the field looked very weak at times.  In a real game he would have had multiple interceptions on Saturday.
- Rafe Peavey is not that far behind Allen.  Arm strength is close to equal.  You can see that he can run and has a burst of speed.
- Ty Storey is not even close.  When he threw his first ball Saturday there was a collective moan in the area we were sitting. His throwing motion looks bad.
- Couldn't tell much about Town, he only got one quick series.
- Allen and Peavey are 1 and 2 and the others aren't even close
- The kicking is still the kicking of last year.  Hedlund is still driving his long kicks.  McFain has the best leg he just needs to get more accurate.
- Running Back Denzel Evans looked pretty good.  I hope they give him a shot this fall.
- Skipper has got to get a wider base with his height.  He gets off balance and gets beat easily when that happens.
- Froholdt looked OK at guard.  He has put on the weight.  He is very competitive and won't back down.  That is good

The good part is there is still time to continue to improve.  The 3rd quarterback is wide open if the kid from Louisiana wants to come in and take it.  Looking forward to seeing how the new linebackers fill in.  I was personally disappointed in the crowd with it being such a beautiful day.

010HogFan

I completely disagree about Allen's throws to the sideline. He made a couple wow throws. One on a rollout to Dominique Reed on the boundary and one that he fit between 2 defenders to Sprinkle that should have been caught, but was dropped. He'll be ok. Agree about Evans, he made one nice run where he broke a few tackles to get into the endzone...was pleasantly surprised to see that. and last opinion, I think Rafe is way behind Austin and will only play if AA gets hurt.

Bebop

Whether people agree or not, it is good to hear a different view. We need balance. Thanks for your observations.

hogsfan31

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogsfan31 on April 25, 2016, 09:14:02 am
Oh wow. Thanks Coach Beliema.

I know right... How dare some regular Joe give his thoughts and opinions on a fan message board...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RME

Quote from: hogsfan31 on April 25, 2016, 09:14:02 am
Oh wow. Thanks Coach Beliema.

If you're gonna be a smarty, at least spell Bielema's name correctly.

TDHawgs

Was I dreaming or did Ricky Town not throw an awesome TD strike to Jamario Bell.  I thought Ricky looked awesome, even if he only got a couple snaps.

wholehog92

I disagree with you on the LBs and Peavey.  I thought the LBs looked quite a bit better than last season and I thought Peavey looked quite a bit behind AA.  I went in wondering how in the world AA could be separated at this point enough for the coaches to name him starter.  I left agreeing with the coaches.  Agree with you on Storey and I was surprised by that as well.

Sykes surprised me.  That kid is going to be very good.

Agim is as advertised.

Wise is a freak and so is Sprinkle.  Their talent just jumps out at you during the play.  I would start out wanting to watch Ledbetter and my eye would just go back to Wise.

Our OL is definitely a work in progress.  I firmly believe our season will be determined by how they improve and work together.  They have a long ways to go. 

I was encouraged by RW3.  He looked quick and ready to go.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

a0ashle

I am always skeptical of self proclaimed "unbiased" views... it shows lack of awareness of the inherent biases we all have.

That said, I have a hard time reconciling your opinion that Rafe was not far behind Allen. I saw a lot more out of Allen then Rafe and there are lot of people here who have stated they saw that as well. You could say that Rafe's performance was skewed because he ran with the 2's, but it would be a leap to then infer anything about how Rafe would have played with the 1s.

a0ashle

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 25, 2016, 09:26:34 am
Was I dreaming or did Ricky Town not throw an awesome TD strike to Jamario Bell.  I thought Ricky looked awesome, even if he only got a couple snaps.

Tretola threw a TD in mop up duty too...It's about sample size and Town didn't have a lot of snaps.

The_Iceman

Ty Storey just doesn't look like a big time QB. I was shocked how much different he looks now than his high school film.

By the end of the game, I was hoping they'd give Town another series or two, but time ran out.

It was hard to tell much from Peavey because of the touch sack rule. I think he has the ability to get big yards with his legs, but these situations don't allow him to display that.

Here are some good highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA4Q9Op8-s

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on April 25, 2016, 09:31:06 am
I am always skeptical of self proclaimed "unbiased" views... it shows lack of awareness of the inherent biases we all have.

+1!!  IMO it's impossible to have a subjective, unbiased perspective.

Quote from: HankHog on April 25, 2016, 08:52:17 am

- Brooks Ellis still over ran plays and was out of position on most plays.  Just like last year

"Out of position on MOST plays"???  No freaking way, friend.

This alone shows your bias is strong against Brooks Ellis, if nothing more.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

KlubhouseKonnected

Rafe is clearly behind Austin. I am troubled that Austin did not look better than he did.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pork Twain

Saying you are unbiased is just impossible, we are all biased and that term is very similar to saying, "no offense"...prepare to be offended.

I attended VT's spring game this weekend and as i told my wife and daughters before it began, this is just a public practice, a glorified scrimmage and you should not make too much of it because there is still a very long way till the first snap of the season and things are still in the foundational phase.  Unfortunately for Hogville, my wife and daughters now know more about what the Spring scrimmage actually represents, than many on here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Kevin

20 to 25 years ago the spring game did mean something as far as a barometer of your team.
now days, just a scripted practice for the fans, and the university to make a little coin on a Saturday afternoon in April
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lstewart

Too many green non contact jerseys on the field to get a good feel for some areas. I think Rafe would probably have been more productive in a full contact situation, since plays were blown dead multiple times that he probably would have scrambled to extend the play. But I understand not wanting to get anyone hurt. Hard to compare production, since the red team could not really protect the QB long enough for him to do much. I thought Austin looked pretty good. I don't think our issue this season will be at QB. Thought most of the front line receivers looked good. 

ChitownHawg

- You can't really tell if the defense is great or not because they were going against 2's and 3's all day
- Austin Allen locked on to receivers at the line of scrimmage and never let go.  So bad I could hear others around us talking about it.
- Allen's arm strength to the edge of the field looked very weak at times.  In a real game he would have had multiple interceptions on Saturday.
- Rafe Peavey is not that far behind Allen.  Arm strength is close to equal.  You can see that he can run and has a burst of speed.
- Ty Storey is not even close.  When he threw his first ball Saturday there was a collective moan in the area we were sitting. His throwing motion looks bad.
- The kicking is still the kicking of last year.  Hedlund is still driving his long kicks.  McFain has the best leg he just needs to get more accurate.
- Running Back Denzel Evans looked pretty good.  I hope they give him a shot this fall.
- Skipper has got to get a wider base with his height.  He gets off balance and gets beat easily when that happens.
- Froholdt looked OK at guard.  He has put on the weight.  He is very competitive and won't back down.  That is good

The good part is there is still time to continue to improve.  The 3rd quarterback is wide open if the kid from Louisiana wants to come in and take it.  Looking forward to seeing how the new linebackers fill in.  I was personally disappointed in the crowd with it being such a beautiful day.

You have some pretty hard views which I am ok with IF you have a qualified eye for these reviews. Since your view is unbiased. Also due to the fact a lot of what you say flies in the face of others that are qualified.

Are you a coach or sports journalist with significant years to know what to look for?

Or just a fan making a judgement? I'm ok with this, but trying to determine if your comments are worth considering. Mine sure are not.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogMantheIntruder

I have to disagree with you on is Evans. He looked okay, and he had one really nice run, but he only averaged 3.2 ypc. If KW had been healthy and/or RW had been cleared for full contact, I don't think we would have seen much of him Saturday. Once DW and TJ get on campus, I don't think we'll hear much more about him. I could be wrong, and I hope I am; I hope he shows out. I just haven't seen anything from him that gives me reason to believe that he will.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

elksnort

Not too much should be taken from a Spring game, but there were a few interesting takes.

Who is this Sykes fellow? I was very impressed with him. I guess the DBs know what's coming, but they still seemed to play the ball really well. Austin appears to be the man. Having a very good receiving corp should help. I am thinking that besides Agim, a few other true freshman are going to have to contribute.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 25, 2016, 10:25:46 am
You have some pretty hard views which I am ok with IF you have a qualified eye for these reviews. Since your view is unbiased. Also due to the fact a lot of what you say flies in the face of others that are qualified.

Are you a coach or sports journalist with significant years to know what to look for?

Or just a fan making a judgement? I'm ok with this, but trying to determine if your comments are worth considering. Mine sure are not.  ;D
I think you're selling yourself short. Don't want to turn this into some kind of bromantic post, but I think most on here respect your opinion.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

razorback44

April 25, 2016, 10:48:38 am #20 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:00:54 am by razorback44

- Rafe Peavey is not that far behind Allen.  Arm strength is close to equal. 

I think you're pretty spot on elsewhere else with your observations but I would disagree with all of these points.

Don't even get me started on folks in the stands claiming that a QB is locking on a receiver. No offense but you can't tell that accurately from the stands. Folks inaccurately made this claim about BA all of the time and Bielema shot it down more than once when asked by reporters. It looks like that's not going to change with Austin.

There is also a massive gap between Austin and Rafe. Love Rafe and he bleeds Razorback Red but there is clearly no competition at this point. Austin is hands down the better QB at this point.

Same with Evans. That kid is all heart and I love his commitment to the team but he is our 4th or 5th option at best in the running game. There is a clear talent difference between him and RW3 and it's not close.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

rljjr

I thought SOME of AA's throws seemed a little soft getting to the outside and SOME were a little wounded coming out of his hand. To the velocity, I asked a buddy who was there how it looked live vs TV, and he said it was alright -- so I'll trust his in-person view.

Green jerseys made it hard to get a real feel on those guys.

It would have been nice to see more of Town just to see what he can do.

O-line is definitely a work in progress, but everything was so vanilla even that's a hard call to make.

At the end of the day it was a practice and I'm feeling pretty good about where we are in comparison to other schools. What we didn't have were silly pre-snap penalties and the long PI was a great take down to give up 15 instead of the long pass. I saw a lot of other teams with blown coverages, etc. I thought AU looked particularly awful regardless of QB, especially for a team that emphasizes hurry up. That level of execution just wasn't there. Aggies were ok. Bama was good. LSU did what LSU does in an unimpressive fashion. The gators looked pretty good. Tenner looked good enough to finish 2nd or 3rd in the East. Carolina was tragic. Bulldogs were ok. MSU was having a tough time with a new QB. Ole Miss valued flash over substance. Mizzou and Vandy aren't worth mentioning more. Didn't see UK.

These are my "no spin" views written so vaguely that you can agree or disagree and probably be right.

AirWarren

What was the official attendance?

Looked like a typical Saturday at DWRRS in there.

Razorbackers

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 25, 2016, 09:34:28 am
Ty Storey just doesn't look like a big time QB. I was shocked how much different he looks now than his high school film.

By the end of the game, I was hoping they'd give Town another series or two, but time ran out.

It was hard to tell much from Peavey because of the touch sack rule. I think he has the ability to get big yards with his legs, but these situations don't allow him to display that.

Here are some good highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA4Q9Op8-s

ChitownHawg

Quote from: AP85 on April 25, 2016, 10:54:02 am

About double the capacity of War Memorial.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

woodhog14

Quote from: AP85 on April 25, 2016, 10:54:02 am

Yeah, you're right. Because games at DWRRS averages 30,000 a game. Get out of here with that crap man.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on April 25, 2016, 10:35:29 am
I think you're selling yourself short. Don't want to turn this into some kind of bromantic post, but I think most on here respect your opinion.

Appreciate it. I find a little self deprecation usually helps keep people from going over the deep end when you question their comments. Some come on here with far to big of an opinion of themselves and have a hard time when someone asks a question.

I will challenge an opinion, yet I also like to consider new information. And this guy's opinion is flying contrary to others. Hopefully he will return with some answers that many of us seem to have about his post.

AirWarren

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 25, 2016, 11:02:44 am
Yeah, you're right. Because games at DWRRS averages 30,000 a game. Get out of here with that crap man.
Sensitive.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rljjr on April 25, 2016, 10:52:01 am

These are my "no spin" views written so vaguely that you can agree or disagree and probably be right.

I can agree with this.  ;)

RME

Quote from: AP85 on April 25, 2016, 11:09:18 am
Sensitive.

I don't think he was being sensitive. He reacted how I would expect most people to react to a dumb statement.

hvsupastar

I don't  know how you could question Allen's arm strength after that game... He threw some lazers to the siding.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BPsTheMan

Robbie Knievel was an excellent halftime show

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 25, 2016, 11:13:07 am
I don't think he was being sensitive. He reacted how I would expect most people to react to a dumb statement.

Another sensitive one.

010HogFan

code red

No spin opinion?  Lots of room for improvement.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ChitownHawg

Quote from: AP85 on April 25, 2016, 11:31:52 am
Another sensitive one.

GSD will ratchet up the intensity level everytime.  ;)

longpig

Quote from: rljjr on April 25, 2016, 10:52:01 am

At the end of the day it was a practice and I'm feeling pretty good about where we are in comparison to other schools. What we didn't have were silly pre-snap penalties and the long PI was a great take down to give up 15 instead of the long pass. I saw a lot of other teams with blown coverages, etc. I thought AU looked particularly awful regardless of QB, especially for a team that emphasizes hurry up. That level of execution just wasn't there. Aggies were ok. Bama was good. LSU did what LSU does in an unimpressive fashion. The gators looked pretty good. Tenner looked good enough to finish 2nd or 3rd in the East. Carolina was tragic. Bulldogs were ok. MSU was having a tough time with a new QB. Ole Miss valued flash over substance. Mizzou and Vandy aren't worth mentioning more. Didn't see UK.

Puts it in perspective. As I'm sure most all fanbases do this time of year, we tend to forget that all programs are a work in progress, not just us.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

Seebs

My unbiased review to your unbiased Review

- You can't really tell if the defense is great or not because they were going against 2's and 3's all day. Actually one can. The Defense looked good.
- Brooks Ellis still over ran plays and was out of position on most plays.  Just like last year. Nope. He may have had a hiccup but out of positon MOST plays? Yeah, I think you confuse unbiased with glaucoma.
- Dre Greenlaw looked good.  He was filling holes quickly. Yes. He was good last year as well. This is not news.
- Randy Ramsey looked skinny and didn't do a whole lot. Randy Ramsey will beat your butt at the Alma sonic with only using his pinky. You are deranged
- Agim is very good.  He took Skipper to the woodshed multiple times. If you rate him as very good, I assume that Brooklyn Decker is a 4 on your scale.  Your ability to be uninformed does not make you unbiased.  Agim may be the top DE out there
- Austin Allen locked on to receivers at the line of scrimmage and never let go.  So bad I could hear others around us talking about it. You may be greasy, but you are not Bob Griese
- Allen's arm strength to the edge of the field looked very weak at times.  In a real game he would have had multiple interceptions on Saturday. So the Arkansas defense was not a real defense with real SEC cornerbacks? You have now put the Anal in analysis.
- Rafe Peavey is not that far behind Allen.  Arm strength is close to equal.  You can see that he can run and has a burst of speed. Peavey is as close to Allen as a mastectomy is to a purple nurple. Allen is ahead and Peavey brings something different - speed. You are unbiasedly wrong here
- Ty Storey is not even close.  When he threw his first ball Saturday there was a collective moan in the area we were sitting. His throwing motion looks bad. His arm motion has always been 'shot-putty'. If you just noticed you are not following Arkansas football.
- Couldn't tell much about Town, he only got one quick series. Thanks Copernicus.
- Allen and Peavey are 1 and 2 and the others aren't even close This is very Robert Shields like. Hrmmmmm ...
- The kicking is still the kicking of last year.  Hedlund is still driving his long kicks.  McFain has the best leg he just needs to get more accurate. So the kicking has not improved per the several field goals made in the Spring game? The fact he made more than half is an improvement
- Running Back Denzel Evans looked pretty good.  I hope they give him a shot this fall. Evans' shot will only be this spring. If he gets more than 15 total carries this year we are in bad shape. Evans is behind, Hammonds, Whaley, Day, RWIII, MItchell  and Walker He is a 7th stringer and a good kid. Hoping for a shot is not unbiased - its rah-rah
- Skipper has got to get a wider base with his height.  He gets off balance and gets beat easily when that happens. Finally, someone that can assis ta four-year SEC starter. The gall of some of you is astounding. You need to widen your stance when you pee.
- Froholdt looked OK at guard.  He has put on the weight.  He is very competitive and won't back down.  That is good. Candygram for Mongo. Mongo like candy.  Your take on the game is like asking my 8-year-old about stem cell research. It was entertaining but not informative at all.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Seebs on April 25, 2016, 12:06:48 pm

- You can't really tell if the defense is great or not because they were going against 2's and 3's all day. Actually one can. The Defense looked good.
- Brooks Ellis still over ran plays and was out of position on most plays.  Just like last year. Nope. He may have had a hiccup but out of positon MOST plays? Yeah, I think you confuse unbiased with glaucoma.
- Dre Greenlaw looked good.  He was filling holes quickly. Yes. He was good last year as well. This is not news.
- Randy Ramsey looked skinny and didn't do a whole lot. Randy Ramsey will beat your butt at the Alma sonic with only using his pinky. You are deranged
- Agim is very good.  He took Skipper to the woodshed multiple times. If you rate him as very good, I assume that Brooklyn Decker is a 4 on your scale.  Your ability to be uninformed does not make you unbiased.  Agim may be the top DE out there
- Austin Allen locked on to receivers at the line of scrimmage and never let go.  So bad I could hear others around us talking about it. You may be greasy, but you are not Bob Griese
- Allen's arm strength to the edge of the field looked very weak at times.  In a real game he would have had multiple interceptions on Saturday. So the Arkansas defense was not a real defense with real SEC cornerbacks? You have now put the Anal in analysis.
- Rafe Peavey is not that far behind Allen.  Arm strength is close to equal.  You can see that he can run and has a burst of speed. Peavey is as close to Allen as a mastectomy is to a purple nurple. Allen is ahead and Peavey brings something different - speed. You are unbiasedly wrong here
- Ty Storey is not even close.  When he threw his first ball Saturday there was a collective moan in the area we were sitting. His throwing motion looks bad. His arm motion has always been 'shot-putty'. If you just noticed you are not following Arkansas football.
- Couldn't tell much about Town, he only got one quick series. Thanks Copernicus.
- Allen and Peavey are 1 and 2 and the others aren't even close This is very Robert Shields like. Hrmmmmm ...
- The kicking is still the kicking of last year.  Hedlund is still driving his long kicks.  McFain has the best leg he just needs to get more accurate. So the kicking has not improved per the several field goals made in the Spring game? The fact he made more than half is an improvement
- Running Back Denzel Evans looked pretty good.  I hope they give him a shot this fall. Evans' shot will only be this spring. If he gets more than 15 total carries this year we are in bad shape. Evans is behind, Hammonds, Whaley, Day, RWIII, MItchell  and Walker He is a 7th stringer and a good kid. Hoping for a shot is not unbiased - its rah-rah
- Skipper has got to get a wider base with his height.  He gets off balance and gets beat easily when that happens. Finally, someone that can assis ta four-year SEC starter. The gall of some of you is astounding. You need to widen your stance when you pee.
- Froholdt looked OK at guard.  He has put on the weight.  He is very competitive and won't back down.  That is good. Candygram for Mongo. Mongo like candy.  Your take on the game is like asking my 8-year-old about stem cell research. It was entertaining but not informative at all.

Golly, this makes me happy. 
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

BRHogfan

Peavey is as close to Allen as a mastectomy is to a purple nurple.

Cold.

JIHawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 25, 2016, 09:21:47 am
If you're gonna be a smarty, at least spell Bielema's name correctly.

gonna?

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

- You can't really tell if the defense is great or not because they were going against 2's and 3's all day.
Actually one can. The Defense looked good.
- Brooks Ellis still over ran plays and was out of position on most plays.  Just like last year.
Nope. He may have had a hiccup but out of positon MOST plays? Yeah, I think you confuse unbiased with glaucoma.
Yes. He was good last year as well. This is not news.
Randy Ramsey will beat your butt at the Alma sonic with only using his pinky. You are deranged
If you rate him as very good, I assume that Brooklyn Decker is a 4 on your scale.  Your ability to be uninformed does not make you unbiased.  Agim may be the top DE out there
You may be greasy, but you are not Bob Griese
So the Arkansas defense was not a real defense with real SEC cornerbacks? You have now put the Anal in analysis.
Peavey is as close to Allen as a mastectomy is to a purple nurple. Allen is ahead and Peavey brings something different - speed. You are unbiasedly wrong here
His arm motion has always been 'shot-putty'. If you just noticed you are not following Arkansas football.
Thanks Copernicus.
This is very Robert Shields like. Hrmmmmm ...
So the kicking has not improved per the several field goals made in the Spring game? The fact he made more than half is an improvement
Evans' shot will only be this spring. If he gets more than 15 total carries this year we are in bad shape. Evans is behind, Hammonds, Whaley, Day, RWIII, MItchell  and Walker He is a 7th stringer and a good kid. Hoping for a shot is not unbiased - its rah-rah
Finally, someone that can assis ta four-year SEC starter. The gall of some of you is astounding. You need to widen your stance when you pee.
- Froholdt looked OK at guard.  He has put on the weight.  He is very competitive and won't back down.  That is good.
Candygram for Mongo. Mongo like candy.  Your take on the game is like asking my 8-year-old about stem cell research. It was entertaining but not informative at all.
Well played

Pig in the Pokey

how did everyone miss that beautiful ball Town threw to end the game?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 25, 2016, 09:26:34 am
As I have said for half a year, Town will be the starter by the end of the season.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 25, 2016, 12:55:43 pm
As I have said for half a year, Town will be the starter by the end of the season.

If throwing were the only thing the QB has to do, you might have a prayer of being right. As it is, you don't, not without a battlefield promotion.
[CENSORED]!

RME

Quote from: JIHawg on April 25, 2016, 12:43:34 pm
gonna?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/gonna

Definition of gonna in English:

gonna
Pronunciation: /ˈɡônə/   /ˈɡənə/ 
CONTRACTION

informal
Going to:
we're gonna win this game

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 25, 2016, 12:55:43 pm

So you think we'll be performing poorly enough this year to warrant a new QB stepping in and taking over? Don't try and say we'll be sitting 7-2 or so and Bielema will just decide to go ahead and start Town.

Iwastherein1969

McTelvin (Sosa) Agim, or whatever he and CBB have cooked up for a name for the DE from Hope, AR. I can say unequivocally that this young man, barring injury (heaven forbid), or some unseen event which keeps him off the field, #3 was the baddest hombre on the field. There are going to be some Quarterbacks in the SEC who are going to get knocked to queer street by this guy and then when they finally come to their senses, they are going to tell their OL coach that #3 should be double teamed every time. McTelvin plays with a motor fueled by a rage that is going to bring the pain to SEC offenses for the next 3 years. The likes of him have not been seen in these parts since Billy Ray Smith, Jr. The difference between Billy Ray and McTelvin,  Billy Ray played the game for the fun of it, McTelvin plays the game to put a hurtin' on somebody on the other team every play he is out there. The next three years are going to be filled with much pleasure watching a homegrown kid from Arkansas literally dominate SEC offenses. I can't wait until they unleash McTelvin upon Alabama. It's going to be a beautiful sight to witness. McTelvin is to defense what Darren McFadden was to Arkansas offense. Picture this, the speed and hitting ability of Steve Atwater, the football smarts of Billy Ray Smith, and the sheer rage of Dennis "Dirt" Winston. Spin ?   I don't care. McTelvin has the total package. 4 Star DE my asss. This kid is a 6 star.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TM Hog

I've always been impressed with Evans.  If he ever gets in sync and plays a lot look out.  He could be one of our top backs.