Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley

Started by Prestworthy, April 25, 2016, 07:02:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

When does he report?  Really looking forward to seeing him in hog gear and toting the rock.  I could see him having a similar impact in year one that AC had his freshmen year.  This might be out of necessity, but he's probably that good anyway.  I just hope he doesn't bulk up too much.  He's already a big back and has the power...it's rare to see a guy with power and speed and in the SEC it's needed.

rhames

I think the end of may.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 25, 2016, 07:02:08 am
When does he report?  Really looking forward to seeing him in hog gear and toting the rock.  I could see him having a similar impact in year one that AC had his freshmen year.  This might be out of necessity, but he's probably that good anyway.  I just hope he doesn't bulk up too much.  He's already a big back and has the power...it's rare to see a guy with power and speed and in the SEC it's needed.

I don't know how we were able to beat out Ole Miss for this guy.  That great recruiting tool they have called The Season is so hard to compete against.   ;)

Prestworthy

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 25, 2016, 08:20:14 am
I don't know how we were able to beat out Ole Miss for this guy.  That great recruiting tool they have called The Season is so hard to compete against.   ;)
I don't think Ole Miss was in his top 5?

010HogFan

LOL +1

ricepig

He most have only watched the Arkansas game on it, lol.

hvsupastar

I think Whaley and Williams are going to provide a 1-2 punch good enough that we don't even realize Collins and J. Will are gone... And those guys were great.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

onebadrubi

I think Whaley's performance will correlate with the expectations thrown upon him.  If he can come it and not expected to be AC from last year, he will find his role and be another good one for us.  If we don't get one to step up that played in the spring game, then I think you see Whaley's expectations be a little too high from many fans.  I hope Duwop and Walker can really shoulder the load early and allow Whaley and WIlliams to easy into the position. 

Prestworthy

I could see RW3 and Whaley taking the majority of the carries, with Kody Walker getting the goal line carries.  KW stepped up when RW3 went down last year, but I think RW3 and Whaley are on a different level.  And it's common for RBs to shine their freshman year compared to most other positions.

LA Football fan

His playing time will be dictated on how fast he picks up his blocking responsibilities in the passing game.   Enos is going to try to limit the defense's ability to predict run vs pass as much as he can but if Whaley is only in to run the ball, it is going to hamper the offenses effectiveness no matter how good of a runner he is.  AC was an excellent blitz stopper in the passing game.   

alohawg

Williams, Walker and Whaley.....sounds like a law firm. Hopefully by years end SEC defenses will loathe them as much as lay people do lawyers.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogwild

ESPN had a little write up about the SEC RBs this morning.

Quote9. Arkansas: Gone are Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams, leaving major holes here. Those holes got bigger with Rawleigh Williams III being non-contact this spring and Kody Walker going down with a broken foot. Damon Mitchell moved from receiver and had a good spring, but how he adapts to SEC play will be interesting. Denzell Evans had a solid spring game with 43 yards and a touchdown, but Bret Bielema is very high on incoming freshman Devwah Whaley.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/116353/sec-post-spring-position-rankings-running-backs

TM Hog

I'm so happy that we ended up with Whaley.  He was so close to being a Georgia Bulldog.  It's amazing how things end up sometimes. He's going to be another great one.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 25, 2016, 08:27:45 am
I don't think Ole Miss was in his top 5?
He obviously didn't see the video then, must only have basic cable

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: alohawg on April 26, 2016, 03:57:55 pm
Williams, Walker and Whaley.....sounds like a law firm. Hopefully by years end SEC defenses will loathe them as much as lay people do lawyers.
with commercials by Corey B. Trotz!

PP

Prestworthy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 26, 2016, 05:02:45 pm
He obviously didn't see the video then, must only have basic cable

PP
Too bad. It's a great series and he's missing out.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TM Hog on April 26, 2016, 04:38:05 pm
I'm so happy that we ended up with Whaley.  He was so close to being a Georgia Bulldog.  It's amazing how things end up sometimes. He's going to be another great one.
of the various top running backs we were after, he was my top choice.  Glad he chose to become a hog, and look forward to watching him prove himself in the SEC.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog Villager

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 27, 2016, 01:10:29 pm
just because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbegB719VM

That O-line looked pretty good. Is it too late to bring a few of them on?
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hog Villager on April 27, 2016, 05:11:02 pm
That O-line looked pretty good. Is it too late to bring a few of them on?
yeah, no doubt.  he rewarded them by making the most of his runs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 27, 2016, 05:58:02 pm
yeah, no doubt.  he rewarded them by making the most of his runs.
his leg drive looks next level already
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 27, 2016, 06:01:10 pm
his leg drive looks next level already
looks like he has pretty good hands too.

hoghappy

I was afraid to click on the thread. I thought maybe it was an injury report.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 27, 2016, 06:06:37 pm
looks like he has pretty good hands too.
yep. he high-points the ball, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

blu

Makes me feel a little more optimistic about our running game next season. Good highlights.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hawginbigd1

Quote from: blu on April 27, 2016, 08:20:17 pm
Makes me feel a little more optimistic about our running game next season. Good highlights.
I am thinking JWill part 2! Really nice vision/hands/power.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Will be option 2 or 2b by the end of the season barring the completely unforseen.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?