Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unexpected

Started by jwesley, April 24, 2016, 05:19:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jwesley

Every season there are a couple of players or unit that just comes out of no where and just surprises.  IMHO Coley and Ramirez could have big years.  I hope the special teams are special.... Please be special.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: jwesley on April 24, 2016, 05:19:48 pm
Every season there are a couple of players or unit that just comes out of no where and just surprises.  IMHO Coley and Ramirez could have big years.  I hope the special teams are special.... Please be special.
Two out of three ain't bad.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

deedster84

Quote from: jwesley on April 24, 2016, 05:19:48 pm

My guess is the RS freshman from Highland and the other RS from Arkansas that was moved to TE, Bell.

bulldog04

Coley was everywhere yesterday and in the games he has saw action in. Yesterday on one the first plays (may have been the first) Sprinkle caught a short pass and turned up field.  Coley came flying in and stood him up and drove him backwards.  He fears no man and loves to hit

PorkRinds

I'd love to see Froholdt and Jackson show up big on the OL.

JIHawg

Who is the receiver that kept running end arounds?  He looked fast.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: JIHawg on April 24, 2016, 09:31:02 pm
Who is the receiver that kept running end arounds?  He looked fast.
Cody Hollister
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

JIHawg

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 24, 2016, 09:57:52 pm
Cody Hollister

Thanks.  He's my unexpected player who could be a playmaker.

RzRbAcK18

I am going to heave one from left field and say one of our CB's. I can't put my finger on who exactly yet but I have a feeling (desperation hope) that this is our most improved position.

TheRazorback500

With questions still remaining on the O-line, I'd like to see Jake Heinrich and/or Paul Ramirez come in and make an impact.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

kodiakisland

The thing about unexpected things, is that you don't expect them.  It's pretty hard to point out who you expect to be unexpected.  Savvy? 
If there is someone who becomes an unexpected playmaker, it's someone you don't expect.  Probably someone who only gets to play due to injury or someone who moves up the depth chart throughout the season.  Could be anyone not projected to be a starter.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Snizzzo

Willie Sykes, Deon Stewart and Kendrick Jackson. 

Biggus Piggus

Stewart makes me feel good about the coaches' ability to select in-state talent. We had a lot of fans on here with expert opinions about Stewart, and nobody expected him to look this good, this soon.

Based on history, it appears that in-state wide receivers are more likely to be good college players vs. any other position.
[CENSORED]!

bennyl08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 25, 2016, 01:01:54 pm
Stewart makes me feel good about the coaches' ability to select in-state talent. We had a lot of fans on here with expert opinions about Stewart, and nobody expected him to look this good, this soon.

Based on history, it appears that in-state wide receivers are more likely to be good college players vs. any other position.

Where are you getting that idea? It seemed to me from his highlights in HS that he was in the mold of Joe Adams but bigger frame. Hogville seemed to reflect that opinion as well. Or, to make an equal comparison, he is in the mold of Jared Cornelius. Shifty guy who while he is quicker than fast, is plenty fast to outrun angles.

Who do I think we can't lose, other than Austin?

On the OL: Ragnow is the obvious candidate. Now, in terms of physical play, I think we could replace him no problem. However, his experience is a big asset and especially for the guy currently slated to start at center which is supposed to call the blocks. However, this OL I think will show shades of 2013. Experienced and talented center and RT, new guys everywhere else. Even with Swanson starting at center, missed assignments were the biggest issue for our OL. They didn't often get beat straight up, but when they did get beat, is was a swift and immediate defeat from not knowing who to block. This year, we don't look to be starting true freshmen which makes a big difference and I think this OL is shaping up to be more athletic if a bit smaller.

WR: Don't want to lose anybody, but we have a lot of depth here.

TE: Losing Sprinkle would definitely hurt. However, I don't think Gragg, O'Grady, Cantrell, or Bell are any worse of blockers than Henry, Derby, Chris Gragg, or DJ Williams were when they were here (Henry referring to his first two years, not the third). We were still able to have too running games with those TE's. I believe that we can still have success with the 4 mentioned as the primary TE's as well.

RB: Losing RW3 I think will hurt more than any other player on offense other than Allen. He and Whaley are the only two backs who will be on our roster that have physical tools to be feature backs. Walker can undoubtably (if he stays healthy) be a thousand yard rusher for us, but isn't equally a threat to break a 60 yard run or push the pile 5 yards on 3rd and 1 like RW3 is. Whaley has that potential but losing Williams III puts us relying on more specialty backs than feature backs or relying on a true freshmen.

DEFENSE

DL: My gut says losing Wise will hurt the most. However, he's managed to give coaches reasons to not start him before such as last season when he started a goose egg even though he had 4x more sacks than the next best pass rusher. So, I then lean towards Ledbetter as our explosive tackle. However, even then, TJ Smith or Wise could move inside and be very explosive DT's as well. Thus, I don't think there is any single player that would devastate us if we lost them.

LB: Losing Ellis would probably wreck our defense unless our true freshmen are in fact able to step up or if we see something from our veterans that hasn't existed before. Greenlaw is another player I don't want to lose, but he doesn't bring 3 years as a starter with him. Only about a half a year. Between Harris and AJB, I think we could insert another guy athletically able to replace Greenlaw, but we lose that half a year of experience.

DB: I've said this before and it is the same on the DL. There is a reason we have no CB's or safeties on our roster (or DE's or DT's or NT's etc...). A lot of our guys can equally play any of those positions. Sykes was recruited as a safety and is now playing corner. Dalton was recruited as a corner and is now playing safety. Richardson has been mentioned as being capable of starting all 4 spots. Like DL, we have depth and some experience here, so while an injury may lead to some reshuffling, I think we can weather an injury here.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 25, 2016, 01:48:29 pm
Where are you getting that idea? It seemed to me from his highlights in HS that he was in the mold of Joe Adams but bigger frame. Hogville seemed to reflect that opinion as well. Or, to make an equal comparison, he is in the mold of Jared Cornelius. Shifty guy who while he is quicker than fast, is plenty fast to outrun angles.

The most popular opinions on here said Stewart was a) only "small town Arkansas" fast, b) not big enough, c) didn't have good hands, d) wasn't recruited widely enough so couldn't be that good.

Also, curious: Why did you decide to tell us who the Hogs couldn't afford to lose - on this thread? Get lost or something?
[CENSORED]!

bennyl08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 25, 2016, 01:56:07 pm
The most popular opinions on here said Stewart was a) only "small town Arkansas" fast, b) not big enough, c) didn't have good hands, d) wasn't recruited widely enough so couldn't be that good.

Also, curious: Why did you decide to tell us who the Hogs couldn't afford to lose - on this thread? Get lost or something?

Hahaha. Yes I did. For some reason I had it in my head that I was on the who we could least afford to lose thread...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hog.goblin

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Razorbackers

rzrbackramsfan

Hammonds, Bryan Wallace, Jared Collins

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 25, 2016, 08:29:40 pm
Kane Whitehurst?

Or JoJo Robinson. He's really flashed in some practices...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HamSammich

Frodholt and Austin Allen have a great year. And I'm not exactly an Allen family fan club member.

Agim also becomes the next clowney imo.