Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full article on the North End Zone expansion and answers to Sen. Pryor's questio

Started by ricepig, April 23, 2016, 01:34:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: razorback44 on April 26, 2016, 09:43:08 am
One thing we do know is that there isn't a waiting list for bleacher seats. Arkansas is never going to compete in stadium size with Bama and LSU no matter what folks believe.  It's not going to happen.  We just don't have the fanbase to support it. This idea is tremendously better than dropping in 10-20,000 bleacher seats that we can't currently and may never be able to support.

Nice sidestep.  You should consider walking on as a running back and/or running for public office.

And, yes, we do have the fan base to support it.  But most of them don't live in NWA.  Win and the demand will be there overnight.  Cap capacity at 76,000 and win, and you're stuck.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 08:29:00 am
Wow.  You're too smart to make a blanket statement like this.  You can't plead naivete.

In a nutshell, this is going to happen because humans generally believe it is better to take action, any action, than to do nothing at all.  Long loves it because it will be another feather for him (do you think he'll be here when the bonds are finally retired?).  Bielema loves it because he's getting his head kicked in recruiting against programs wooing 16 year old kids with shiny pennies.  The Board and the inner circle love it because they will control access.  Access is important in a banana republic.   Potential buyers love it because they can sit back and buy later if they want to.  There is no risk whatsoever; no commitment.

A fraction of respondents said they "might" be interested in paying what will be upwards of $335 per seat for an outdoor, low level, end zone seat.  Let me ask you Wilson - do you enjoy watching games from the end zone?  Why do I get the feeling your seats are West side, lower bowl, between the 30s?

All we can do is hope the new seats sell.  They destroy any chance of growing stadium capacity to compete with upper tier SEC programs.  If they don't sell, there will be plenty of time later for begrudging by loyal fans like you when you pick up the tab.

Somebody didn't read Wilson's earlier post in this thread on where his tickets are, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 09:34:56 am
Exactly how long is the waiting list?  Do you know?  Has that information been published?  If it's 3,200 long, why did the athletic department need to commission a study?

The waiting list is on the suites, it's a fact. The club seats sell out at a 98% rate, we'll need to sell 2221 North club seats. I think that's very doable.

Hawgar The Horrible

2015 Revenue ($114,172,847) - Expenses ($97,106,539) = $17,066,308

Subsidies $0    
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 10:11:44 am
The waiting list is on the suites, it's a fact. The club seats sell out at a 98% rate, we'll need to sell 2221 North club seats. I think that's very doable.

I am strongly considering 4 of them.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 10:41:21 am
I am strongly considering 4 of them.

They'll more than likely pick up the vast majority who are being displaced by the Founder's Suites, not all, but a good percentage. The north end will have a lot of new bells and whistles that will attract those wishing to have such things. Like Wilson, I can't see the reason for some to disparage those wishing to sit in that environment. I've had club level tickets for 13+ years, I like the better seats, better food, and now Beer!

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 10:06:30 am
Somebody didn't read Wilson's earlier post in this thread on where his tickets are, lol.

Missed that.  Wilson must like the view from the end zone.  Maybe he likes being indoors.  Are any of the "club" seats in the north end zone indoors?  Doesn't look that way from the renderings I've seen, the latest of which shows the SRO areas that popped up in the response to Pryor's questions.   

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 12:35:01 pm
Missed that.  Wilson must like the view from the end zone.  Maybe he likes being indoors.  Are any of the "club" seats in the north end zone indoors?  Doesn't look that way from the renderings I've seen, the latest of which shows the SRO areas that popped up in the response to Pryor's questions.   

The SRO's were already in the plan, I don't think they were described that way, though. I've had SOC seats since 2006, I love the end zone view, I moved from EOC for them.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 12:40:54 pm
The SRO's were already in the plan, I don't think they were described that way, though. I've had SOC seats since 2006, I love the end zone view, I moved from EOC for them.

Then you and Wilson are in the minority.  Or maybe things change.  End zone seats are the new 50 yard line seats? 

If the shoe fits . . .

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 12:47:28 pm
Then you and Wilson are in the minority.  Or maybe things change.  End zone seats are the new 50 yard line seats? 

If the shoe fits . . .

There's 3690 SOC seats and 1651 SIC seats, and they sell out, maybe someone else is wrong?

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 12:57:02 pm
There's 3690 SOC seats and 1651 SIC seats, and they sell out, maybe someone else is wrong?

What does wrong have to do with anything?  Relax, this thing will go your way.  Sort of reminds me of one of my favorite Jack Handey quotes:

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."   

I wonder why club seats and boxes in most stadiums are between the goal lines. 

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 01:06:34 pm
What does wrong have to do with anything?  Relax, this thing will go your way.  Sort of reminds me of one of my favorite Jack Handey quotes:

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone."   

Ok, minority, then, feel better? The vast majority of our suites are on the sidelines, but you sell and maximize every space available.

bphi11ips

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 01:43:20 pm
Why?

Straight from the sales pitch. Doesn't mean you have to buy it...

BUILDING NEW GAMEDAY EXPERIENCES
For decades, Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium has been the on-campus home for Razorback Football, attracting Arkansans, students, families, former student-athletes, alumni, faculty and staff, and fans alike to share unique gameday experiences collectively remembered for years to come.

It's time to renew and improve the Home of the Razorbacks, and this project will enhance the gameday experiences and traditions of Razorback Football for future generations to come.

bphi11ips

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 10:11:44 am

How many outdoor club seats are planned for the North end zone?? All of the pictures I have seen show only 1 level of them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on April 26, 2016, 03:45:45 pm
How many outdoor club seats are planned for the North end zone?? All of the pictures I have seen show only 1 level of them.

I just told you, 2221. I guess you haven't been to here yet. http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/dwrrs/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 12:47:28 pm

If the shoe fits . . .
the end zone seats are far better and I've sat everywhere there is to sit in RRS over the last 30 years I've been going there.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 01:06:34 pm

because most stadium aren't as steep and close to the field as RRS.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Sivad

Wonder where Little David Pryor's seats are? And how much he contributes to the RF for them. (Assuming he even goes to games).

Hogs-n-Roses

Define Big game. A game where your team is relavant and playing an equal or conference opponent. Also included is rivalry games or out of conference big names(USC). Rivalry = LSU,Ole Miss,Texas,Texas A$M(or other old SWC opponent).

Start winning and becoming relavant and these arguments go away. You can build those North endzone suites then fill in the sides on either side of the scoreboard and not have enough. We have the fans and they will come to a relavant game. Even your Louisiana Tech's are relavant as its the first game.

Yes later in the season a cupcake game will not be full but it is that way at all College venues or nearly all. Couple of examples are Ohio state n Alabama.Ohio state has a ticket system that allows for every one to be able to see a game and Joe Q fan will go see them play a cupcake for some reason. Read an article once about the reasons and the best I got from it was that they have so many alumni and so many of them live in Ohio that it s hard for them to break into the ticket game.They have the demand and are usually relavant. Alabama is just Alabama. Take your hats off to them and their fans. Years ago though during their probation times it wasn't so rosey. Fans of tickets were on the ground there also. They've rebuilt properly.

In short, win on the field and they will swarm the hills.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 26, 2016, 05:04:23 pm
Define Big game. A game where your team is relavant and playing an equal or conference opponent. Also included is rivalry games or out of conference big names(USC). Rivalry = LSU,Ole Miss,Texas,Texas A$M(or other old SWC opponent).

Start winning and becoming relavant and these arguments go away. You can build those North endzone suites then fill in the sides on either side of the scoreboard and not have enough. We have the fans and they will come to a relavant game. Even your Louisiana Tech's are relavant as its the first game.

Yes later in the season a cupcake game will not be full but it is that way at all College venues or nearly all. Couple of examples are Ohio state n Alabama.Ohio state has a ticket system that allows for every one to be able to see a game and Joe Q fan will go see them play a cupcake for some reason. Read an article once about the reasons and the best I got from it was that they have so many alumni and so many of them live in Ohio that it s hard for them to break into the ticket game.They have the demand and are usually relavant. Alabama is just Alabama. Take your hats off to them and their fans. Years ago though during their probation times it wasn't so rosey. Fans of tickets were on the ground there also. They've rebuilt properly.

In short, win on the field and they will swarm the hills.

I would rather see the university accommodate those showing up and supporting the team in good times and bad. Folks waiting to pay until the on-the-field product meets their expectations, while complaining about all empty seats, can piss up a rope.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 05:18:17 pm
I would rather see the university accommodate those showing up and supporting the team in good times and bad. Folks waiting to pay until the on-the-field product meets their expectations, while complaining about all empty seats, can piss up a rope.
I m not not calling for the "becoming relevant" in order to accommodate fair weather fans. I'm not the one for that argument. I can't tell you how many times I've sit in Tiger stadium (LSU) with my team having a 3-6 record, watched the sun go down and have to walk out of there to the tune of "Tiger bait". Same in Knoxville,Tuscaloosa.....

All I'm doing is contradicting the statement above made by someone that we don't have the fanbase to fill those kinda seats. Sec 500 seating if you will.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 26, 2016, 05:26:38 pm
I m not not calling for the "becoming relevant" in order to accommodate fair weather fans. I'm not the one for that argument. I can't tell you how many times I've sit in Tiger stadium (LSU) with my team having a 3-6 record, watched the sun go down and have to walk out of there to the tune of "Tiger bait". Same in Knoxville,Tuscaloosa.....

All I'm doing is contradicting the statement above made by someone that we don't have the fanbase to fill those kinda seats. Sec 500 seating if you will.

Yes, we have the fan base to fill the PRESENT uppers when the product is REAL GOOD. To help ensure the sale of these seats, prices have dropped. The last thing needed is an additional 20k seats that will remain empty unless the product is GREAT.

hog.goblin

I'm in the SOC and have been since they were created.  I wouldn't give them up for any other seat in RRS.

Now, if I could have the same type of seat and amenities on the 50 yard line I would switch in a heart beat.  But no such seat exists there.

I love knowing that's MY seat, I can go get a drink and come back and not fight for my seat.  My wife can go inside and watch it on TV when it's raining, while I sit in the rain, because that makes her happy and if she's happy I'm happy.

Hogs-n-Roses

What I'm sayin is we can have a "real good" team most all years. Great team (10 win) every 5-7 years and a title contender every 8-10 years. That's what we used to be. I don't care what anyone says. We can n should do it now. I buy some but not all the propaganda put out by the press and national opinions as well as our own press. Fayetteville and the Hogs are awesome and if you get to winning the recruits will come. When I was a kid they did it, as a teen and in my 20's they did it. The Florida's,Miami's,Florida states, Auburns,LSU's, Tennessee's, were all as irrelevant as we've become.

bphi11ips

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 26, 2016, 05:47:21 pm
What I'm sayin is we can have a "real good" team most all years. Great team (10 win) every 5-7 years and a title contender every 8-10 years. That's what we used to be. I don't care what anyone says. We can n should do it now. I buy some but not all the propaganda put out by the press and national opinions as well as our own press. Fayetteville and the Hogs are awesome and if you get to winning the recruits will come. When I was a kid they did it, as a teen and in my 20's they did it. The Florida's,Miami's,Florida states, Auburns,LSU's, Tennessee's, were all as irrelevant as we've become.

I am not arguing with you. But you know as well as I do Arkansas fell behind in the SEC football facility race. Following construction of the operations center, new practice fields and student-athlete success center, this project will float Arkansas to the top again.

Don't think for a moment recruits don't notice. But it takes hundreds of millions worth of bling to catch their eyes these days. Is it right? Different argument.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 06:05:51 pm
There's some great info at the "Trustee Questions" tab.  Interesting website.
What is meant in paragraph 6. "transparent dialog"?

Hawgar The Horrible

I'll give you 1000 to 1 odds this Crusade of yours gets nowhere.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 06:09:15 pm
I am not arguing with you. But you know as well as I do Arkansas fell behind in the SEC football facility race. Following construction of the operations center, new practice fields and student-athlete success center, this project will float Arkansas to the top again.

Don't think for a moment recruits don't notice. But it takes hundreds of millions worth of bling to catch their eyes these days. Is it right? Different argument.
I respectfully disagree with some of the arguments given. I was in Auburns facilities,Tenn.'s, LSU's and many other stadiums 20-30 years ago as well as all SWC venues and I'll stick by my saynin," Winning cures all ills." I am not saying win at any cost though. Schools just don't rebound quickly from probations.

Hogs-n-Roses

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 26, 2016, 06:20:07 pm
I respectfully disagree with some of the arguments given. I was in Auburns facilities,Tenn.'s, LSU's and many other stadiums 20-30 years ago as well as all SWC venues and I'll stick by my saynin," Winning cures all ills." I am not saying win at any cost though. Schools just don't rebound quickly from probations.

Chicken or egg argument my man. You can't win without talent and the talented aren't going to play in a dump.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 26, 2016, 06:21:33 pm
What crusade?

bp has expressed his discontent with the renovation rather than expansion subject MANY times. And that is perfectly OK.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 06:14:45 pm
I'll give you 1000 to 1 odds this Crusade of yours gets nowhere.

Hahaha.

Ray Charles could have seen the questions raised by this proposal.  It was no great trick pointing them out to you knuckleheads a week before Senator Pryor submitted them in writing to the Board.

Isn't democracy a pain in the ass?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 06:44:17 pm
Hahaha.

Ray Charles could have seen the questions raised by this proposal.  It was no great trick pointing them out to you knuckleheads a week before Senator Pryor submitted them in writing to the Board.

That's all well and good, but are you taking me up on that bet or not?

ricepig

Same stuff was in my OP.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 06:44:17 pm
Hahaha.

Ray Charles would have been able to see that it's not public money supporting this.......

Hawgar The Horrible

Work with me, bp. All I want is $1 from you. I will frame it, print this thread out, and hang it all on a wall in my NEZ club seats.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 07:05:14 pm
Work with me, bp. All I want is $1 from you. I will frame it, print this thread out, and hang it all on a wall in my NEZ club seats.

On second thought this won't work. I will need to use an easel.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 06:50:05 pm
That's all well and good, but are you taking me up on that bet or not?

See my Jack Handey quote above.  I'm sorry you have missed the point. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 07:02:45 pm
Ray Charles would have been able to see that it's not public money supporting this.......

Correct.  Debt is supporting this.

ricepig

Hog N Bama

The standing room only concrete slab in the NE corner looks weird because it IS weird. Silly idea IMO.  That area should be seating.  WTH is going to a football game and stand for 3 hrs?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 05:34:01 pm
Yes, we have the fan base to fill the PRESENT uppers when the product is REAL GOOD. To help ensure the sale of these seats, prices have dropped. The last thing needed is an additional 20k seats that will remain empty unless the product is GREAT.
If we lower the price of Hog Heaven to $15-20 in the wings and $20-25 in the rest we'd always sell-out, except when half the state chooses to slaughter deer instead of watch football.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: bphi11ips on April 26, 2016, 07:30:56 pm
Correct.  Debt is supporting this.

The University of Arkansas completed its "Campaign for the 21st Century" in 2005, in which the university raised more than $1 billion for the school, used in part to create a new Honors College and significantly increase the university's endowment.

Shut the hell up. Debt? You're an idiot.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog N Bama on April 26, 2016, 07:37:27 pm
The standing room only concrete slab in the NE corner looks weird because it IS weird. Silly idea IMO.  That area should be seating.  WTH is going to a football game and stand for 3 hrs?
it's a mingling spot, for people to watch the last 5minutes or the kickoff from, to meet up with friends, or in huge games to stuff a couple thousand more fans in, i guess. seems an ok idea, not the best, but ok.

factchecker

Quote from: Hog N Bama on April 26, 2016, 07:37:27 pm

Cowboys fans:

Not football but Baltimore Orioles have SROs as well:

AND I guess you never was a student because that's all we did in the student section was stand.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS