Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone else starting to be concerned about our OL?

Started by Kamkaizen, April 20, 2016, 08:15:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 26, 2016, 05:40:57 am
Thanks Factchecker. I wish UX designers who put these sliders on websites would talk to people. Most hate using sliders for storytelling. Deslidefier is now in my browser's toolbar.

It's great when it works.

BTW, each slide us a click from what I can tell, at least on most sites.
Complaining to the designers would probably be about as effective as a 300 lb man wearing an "I love pizza" shirt complaining about his pepperoni pizza being a pepperoni short.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 20, 2016, 10:03:30 am
Nope, I STARTED being worried when Kirkland declared for the draft.
Yep me too. And he might not even get drafted.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Wildhog on April 20, 2016, 03:48:31 pm
I mean, no doubt they're big guys...

If Jackson and Froholdt are our starters on the left side, you have to be concerned.
Yep, two new starters protecting the QB's blindside is scary :razorback:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on April 25, 2016, 03:58:34 am
Normally I would agree (as Im a staunch realist when it comes to Hog football), and when I saw the TCU game on the schedule this year I had it circled as a loss.

However, they are replacing 10 starters on defense this year. Their inexperience on defense is just as sure to show as ours will be on offense. Their offense also lost Boykin and a few key others I believe, but should be the strength. So you will have Strength vs Strength and Weakess vs Weakness. I think we have the horses to pull it out, but I see it as a coinflip ball game.
Don't forget they got Kenny Trill to replace him ;)

MuskogeeHogFan

Wait until you see what Missouri is losing in terms of starts and accumulated experience just over the last 3 years. 129 starts (92.1% of all starts) and 179 games of experience (81% of all O-Line experience). They return 11 starts and 42 games of experience (7.9% and 19.0% respectively). Almost their entire starting O-Line. Of course we will get them at the end of the year so they will have had a season of experience before getting to us, but it doesn't look good for Missouri early on.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

No. We'll improve as the season progresses...CBB's teams have this history.

TCU will get us early and we get them well before they gel...big game.

" GO HOGS "

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 26, 2016, 07:08:52 am
Don't forget they got Kenny Trill to replace him ;)

Was he named their starter coming out of spring ball?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 27, 2016, 09:10:09 am
Was he named their starter coming out of spring ball?
Not sure but he sure had a lot of hype after a couple of games a few years ago. Then it all went down hill. No pun intended. :razorback:

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 27, 2016, 11:01:16 am
Not sure but he sure had a lot of hype after a couple of games a few years ago. Then it all went down hill. No pun intended. :razorback:

To answer my own question, ESPN is showing a depth chart post spring for them that shows Hill OR Sawyer.

I find that encouraging.  If I were a TCU fan I'd have wanted one of those two to step up and separate themselves, but apparently that hasn't happened.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Sir Oinksalot

...beating TCU would be  H U G E  for this team and we certainly have them circled .......

what's that ?  oh you know that, ok my bad ... I really like Coach B. going w/trend of playing a
big game early ... think it was Satan who started this, because it helped focus the team all
summer ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

1936hog

I think that the freshman coming to the hill in the summer will immediately add depth to the O Line. Between Beliema and Anderson I think that the line will get up to speed by the fall.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: 1936hog on April 29, 2016, 02:19:02 pm
I think that the freshman coming to the hill in the summer will immediately add depth to the O Line. Between Beliema and Anderson I think that the line will get up to speed by the fall.
Solid first post. +1 Welcome to Hogville.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon