Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spying on La Tech News.. Our First Opponent

Started by HogWildBison2011, March 21, 2016, 11:47:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

We knew going into the off-season that La Tech will be rebuilding in almost all aspects of the game. Its starting to look like Ryan Higgins a RS SR QB has made his way to the top of the depth chart. Last season he threw for 138 yards total going for 1 TD to 3 INTs with a 60% completion rate. In his total career he has thrown for 1922 yards with a completion percentage of 59% with a 7/16 TD/INT ratio. He did run in 3 TDs on the ground with an average of 3.3 yards per attempt.

We are in a similar boat when it comes to replacing some key personnel. They are replacing both starters on the right side of the OL. With our D-Line being a "perceived" strength next season I could see us getting to Higgins quick and often. 32 days till the spring game... 165 till game day.  :'(

La Tech Article Below
http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032116aaa.html

I hope to see some of you Hogville folks at the spring game.

EDIT:
On another interesting note La Tech has a few Arkansas natives on roster

20   Jaqwis Dancy   5-11   190   RB   FR   HS   Junction City, Ark. (Junction City HS)
57   DeVante Lovett   6-6   276   OL   FR   HS   Strong, Ark. (Strong HS)
93   Immanuel Turner   6-3   250   DE   FR   HS   Magnolia, Ark. (Magnolia HS)

With a freshman from their 2016 recruiting class

David Beasley 6'2.5 180 WR FR HS Pine Bluff, Ark. (Pine Bluff HS)

Jaqwis Dancy is a pretty darn good RB out of southern AR. This is his highlight tape http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1627334/highlights/210155395. He will be a RS FR this year.

DeltaBoy

Yep Tech and several of the Sunbelt LA schools raid south Arkansas HARD South from Pine Bluff in the East to Hot Springs in the West.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lutherheggs

If the Hogs lose to La Tech, I will never watch another Razorback football game until they have won the NC.

a0ashle

Quote from: lutherheggs on March 22, 2016, 08:28:03 am
If the Hogs lose to La Tech, I will never watch another Razorback football game until they have won the NC.

That is literally the definition of band wagon fan. LOL.

rogers-hog

Will you also promise not to come on here and cry about it until we win the NC?

PorkSoda

Quote from: a0ashle on March 22, 2016, 09:02:30 am
That is literally the definition of band wagon fan. LOL.
not really, bandwagon fans usually root for the popular team of the year and generally don't have ties to the team.  arkansas has never been the popular team, and we don't have a lot of fans that dont have ties to the school in some way.  In general we just have your typical dysfunctional fanbase that has been driven insane by decades of almost winning.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

It should be a good game this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BoynamedWooPigSooie

At least Jamario Bell won't be eligible for them in the fall.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

ChitownHawg

I can live this.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 22, 2016, 01:27:19 pm
not really, bandwagon fans usually root for the popular team of the year and generally don't have ties to the team.  arkansas has never been the popular team, and we don't have a lot of fans that dont have ties to the school in some way.  In general we just have your typical dysfunctional fanbase that has been driven insane by decades of almost winning.

I've been a Hog fan since my very first breath.  I was born an raised in California and never stepped foot in a U of A classroom. I have been to many games however. My parents were both born and  raised in Arkansas and my dad was all Hog all the time.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

TheRazorback500

I don't live too far from Ruston and a lot of people from my area go to La Tech. The ones I talk to are not looking forward to the trip to RRS. The Hogs have a marked talent advantage. I think we cruise.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

tophawg19

Dancy will be a good test for our defense . kid can run
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I remember a couple years ago LA Tech played A&M in a bowl game and gave them all they could handle. Manziel had to pull one out for the win.

Also, im friends with family members of LA Tech offensive Devonte Lovett. How do you not offer an instate lineman who is 6'6? That being said, south Arkansas recruiting has increased dramatically since the new regime came in!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: secneahog on March 22, 2016, 05:23:24 pm
Haha..

Well lets see 3 new olinemen, new QB new RB New TE  I expect this game could be either blowout or tight for the first half and pull away in the second. 

factchecker

It could be a good game but La Tech is having to replace just as much if not more than us.

The lose 5 offensive starters including their quarterback (Driskell), runningback (Dixon), and three offensive linemen (center, RG, and RT).  On defense they lose the entire linebacker corps and some veteran defensive linemen.

Their offensive speed will be a test.  They have a really good pair of receivers (Trent Taylor and Carlos Henderson) that will be difficult but not impossible to contain. 

Defensive end Jaylon Ferguson is legit.  However, the lose way too much experience- 9 starters to not take a hit.

At this point, I agree with Delta.  It will be tight early on and then we will pull away. 

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 23, 2016, 07:41:43 am
Also, im friends with family members of LA Tech offensive Devonte Lovett. How do you not offer an instate lineman who is 6'6? That being said, south Arkansas recruiting has increased dramatically since the new regime came in!

Funny you should say that.  Isn't Lovett from Strong?  You know who else is from Strong, Arkansas?  Kenneth Dixon.  The runningback that Petrino thought wasn't good enough and wouldn't offer a scholarship.  It would have been nice to have had Dixon in the backfield the past few years.

Also, incoming freshmen McTelvin Agim (Texarkana), Jordan Jones (Smackover), and Austin Capps (Star City) say HI!!!

Not to mention, Bijhon Jackson, Josh Liddell, Jamario Bell, Johnny Gibson, Will Gragg etc etc.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

factchecker

March 23, 2016, 08:42:54 am #19 Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:35:59 pm by factchecker
It's hard to get a good read b/c of the amount of players they have to replace.

However, here is the film from their game vs. Mississippi State last year:

They hang tough for almost three quarters before Mississippi State pulls away.

Their best receiver is #5 Trent Taylor.  He is short but makes up for it with speed and toughness.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hardcore Hoggy

I don't care how good they are, lose to another rent a win after last year's slow start and Bielema deserves to be on the hot seat

I certainly don't want him to be there, and think we win handily, but since we're playing what if...

Birminghog

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 22, 2016, 01:27:19 pm

Correct, but it does qualify him as a fair-weather fan.

lutherheggs

ricepig

lutherheggs

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2016, 08:01:38 pm
You think we took Texas Tech lightly?
Who is "we", players or coaching staff?

The_Hog_Father

March 27, 2016, 08:08:21 pm #25 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:56:38 pm by Pigs in Zen

Quote from: lutherheggs on March 27, 2016, 07:59:35 pm
Like Toledo? Like Texas Tech?

Your posts in this thread reminds me of something... Hmmm...

choppedporkextrasauce

no one cares

yraciv

We're not losing to La Tech next year. I'm 100% confident in saying that!  If La Tech was returning Driskel and Dixon then I may be a tad worried for a good game, but they are replacing a ton and we should be deeper than ever.  Barring a new QB meltdown, which I'm pretty confident won't happen, we should win with ease.  And I watched a few La Tech games last year.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

How do you not offer an instate lineman who is 6'6?

Because height isn't the only quality coaches are looking for???

EFBAB

AirWarren

One of my good friends is a La tech graduate. Life long Arkansan. Will be making the trip up to the hill in his blue and red gear. States that this will be another ULM and Toledo game for the hogs. Surprisingly, a lot of La folks with ties to the school see this as a gimme game for them.

DLUXHOG

didn't NFL hall of famer, Terry Bradshaw go to La Tech?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

AirWarren

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 28, 2016, 09:31:22 am
didn't NFL hall of famer, Terry Bradshaw go to La Tech?

Yes. And the Duck Commander.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: AP85 on March 28, 2016, 09:37:52 am
Yes. And the Duck Commander.

Yep the Head Duck Commander was a QB with Bradshaw but he quit and got married cause he knew he was going to ride the pine.

ricepig

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 23, 2016, 08:51:46 am
I don't care how good they are, lose to another rent a win after last year's slow start and Bielema deserves to be on the hot seat

I certainly don't want him to be there, and think we win handily, but since we're playing what if...

He's going to lose 2-3 games he shouldn't lose every year and win a few he probably shouldn't.

slim72315

FYI Bradshaw was his backup. The head duck commander was offered to play for the redskins but declined.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: slim72315 on March 28, 2016, 10:46:14 am
FYI Bradshaw was his backup. The head duck commander was offered to play for the redskins but declined.

Yep and after the Toledo game last year and Smiles loss to a directional LA school I never 100 sure anymore.

jacobp

Quote from: AP85 on March 28, 2016, 09:24:32 am
One of my good friends is a La tech graduate. Life long Arkansan. Will be making the trip up to the hill in his blue and red gear. States that this will be another ULM and Toledo game for the hogs. Surprisingly, a lot of La folks with ties to the school see this as a gimme game for them.
Haven't seen anyone in Ruston say they think la tech has a prayer

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 28, 2016, 10:10:12 am
He's going to lose 2-3 games he shouldn't lose every year and win a few he probably shouldn't.
What does Houston Nutt have to do with this?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 31, 2016, 10:00:14 am
Yep and after the Toledo game last year and Smiles loss to a directional LA school I never 100 sure anymore.

Come on Delta, I think you can be 100% on Alcorn St, you might even be able to watch it live and be calm.

bennyl08

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on March 22, 2016, 09:23:52 pm
I've been a Hog fan since my very first breath.  I was born an raised in California and never stepped foot in a U of A classroom. I have been to many games however. My parents were both born and  raised in Arkansas and my dad was all Hog all the time.

Fans who have ties to the school

Fans with no ties
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Nipsey Mussle

I remember a couple years ago LA Tech played A&M in a bowl game and gave them all they could handle. Manziel had to pull one out for the win.

That is truly absurd, even based on Hogville standards. I know a few girls who are 5'11 and thin, should I start asking how they aren't supermodels yet?

Completely absurd

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 01, 2016, 08:29:49 pm
That is truly absurd, even based on Hogville standards. I know a few girls who are 5'11 and thin, should I start asking how they aren't supermodels yet?

Completely absurd
No, you should be asking why we haven't offered them a DB scholarship!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 05:03:40 pm
Come on Delta, I think you can be 100% on Alcorn St, you might even be able to watch it live and be calm.

Your right but before last fall I never thought we would lose to Toledo either.

lahawg1

Well it looks as if Tech isn't going to have one of the "difference makers" coming in. They had this kid as one to step up and play right away. Sad situation for sure

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2016/04/25/tech-signee-arrested-battery-aggrivated-robbery/83521034/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: lahawg1 on April 25, 2016, 08:19:30 pm
Well it looks as if Tech isn't going to have one of the "difference makers" coming in. They had this kid as one to step up and play right away. Sad situation for sure

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2016/04/25/tech-signee-arrested-battery-aggrivated-robbery/83521034/

Hope this is a case of mistaken Identity.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: lahawg1 on April 25, 2016, 08:19:30 pm

Wth is "aggrivated"?  ??? Smh

Our defense will destroy them. We'll rush for 200 and CBB will get Rafe in the game

hvsupastar

I was really hoping Arkansas would have offered Dancy from JC
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln