FS -
#9 soph. Santos Ramirez 6'2" 205 lbs. 4.4
#30 jr. Kevin Richardson 6'0" 180 lbs. 4.4 or
#15 rfr. Willie Sykes 6'0" 190 lbs. 4.4

:razorback:
Thoughts ???
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

PorkRinds

Don't think there's any way Town is the number 2 QB.  It'll be peavey or Storey. jmo. Also don't think that Whaley will be the top TB. It's gonna be hard to keep Williams off the field IMO. I see them going with Williams/Walker at first and adding in Whaley more and more as the season progresses. I think they try to reward KW for coming back.

jackflash

I think that's pretty close for a two-deep chart

ricepig

We'll have one after spring practice, and it will only be good until fall practice. I'm looking forward to the one on August 29th, game week.

PossumFan

Those receivers will all play a lot, especially in 3-wide sets, so I guess it doesn't matter, but seeing Morgan listed No. 2 took me aback a bit. What a luxury to have a guy like that as a "backup."

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

"If a depth chart was put out today, Austin Allen would be the starter, and Rafe Peavey would be the #2 guy" - Bret Bielema at a press conference last month
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawgwash

Rawleigh Williams?  Obviously depends on recovery and he won't be in contact drills until fall.  McTelvin Agim?

Boles Hog

I believe Randy Ramsey will be in the two-deep by Fall.

SemperHawg

The way he is talked about by the staff, I would think if Jamario Bell can get his academics in order he figures in somewhere on the two deep.

SouthTulsaHog

Josh Williams starting linebacker. I thought there was a chance he would never play again with his leg injury. Even if he does make it back. I find it hard to see him being first team by week one

PorkRinds

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on March 14, 2016, 01:40:50 pm
Josh Williams starting linebacker. I thought there was a chance he would never play again with his leg injury. Even if he does make it back. I find it hard to see him being first team by week one

Yeah, he won't be. 

bennyl08

IMO...

Storey won't be number two, RW3 will be 1 with Walker 2 to start the season, we'll use 3WR enough to warrant listing 3 positions. Same with TE's being used enough to warrant 2 positions listed. Though I think the second TE spot will be variable. Goal line or short yardage, Gragg. Wanting a multi-purpose tool and H-back, Cantrell. Wanting a more receiving TE, O'Grady. Williams might not be playing this year, and I'd expect to see DeJon Harris in that two deep.

No punter, kicker, or returners?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgwash on March 14, 2016, 12:52:24 pm
Rawleigh Williams?  Obviously depends on recovery and he won't be in contact drills until fall.  McTelvin Agim?
Well according to CBB while RW will be held out of spring drills as a precaution, the docs and everyone else says he's good to go. So unless there's some sort of unexpected set back over the next few months I think we can count Rawleigh as ready to hit the field in the fall.

BTW I also suspect the Mr. Towns would NOT be considered the #2 QB at this point. Unless he's all of a sudden developed an ability to understand and learn all the plays over the past month or so it appears he's far from it.

Phil D

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 14, 2016, 11:24:56 am
Don't think there's any way Town is the number 2 QB.  It'll be peavey or Storey. jmo. Also don't think that Whaley will be the top TB. It's gonna be hard to keep Williams off the field IMO. I see them going with Williams/Walker at first and adding in Whaley more and more as the season progresses. I think they try to reward KW for coming back.

This :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

RaisinHog

Let me start off by saying I do not care at all who the qb is just want the best out there .. With that said don't any of y'all think that maybe the comments coach B made public about towns being so far behind may have been to motivate him.a lil .. I just wouldn't.count a guy with his tallent out .. It's coach B's mo to call ppl out publicly in order to get there full potential..

RebelW

There is no way other than an injury that Austin Cantrell don't play... ALOT!

TheRazorback500

Lots of new faces on the OL. Developing chemistry and depth in the spring will be critical, especially with a new QB.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

bennyl08

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 14, 2016, 08:51:41 pm
Let me start off by saying I do not care at all who the qb is just want the best out there .. With that said don't any of y'all think that maybe the comments coach B made public about towns being so far behind may have been to motivate him.a lil .. I just wouldn't.count a guy with his tallent out .. It's coach B's mo to call ppl out publicly in order to get there full potential..

I think everybody believes that Coach was doing that to help motivate Town (not towns).

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Austin Allen has either.

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Ty Storey has either.

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Rafe Peavey has either.

Town is an impressive player, no doubt. However, his resume coming into this quarterback battle is smaller than the other guys on the roster. Maybe he beats them out, maybe he doesn't. However, right now, he has a steeper curve to fight than the other guys.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 14, 2016, 11:20:41 pm
I think everybody believes that Coach was doing that to help motivate Town (not towns).

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Austin Allen has either.

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Ty Storey has either.

However, I wouldn't count out a guy with the talent that Rafe Peavey has either.

Town is an impressive player, no doubt. However, his resume coming into this quarterback battle is smaller than the other guys on the roster. Maybe he beats them out, maybe he doesn't. However, right now, he has a steeper curve to fight than the other guys.

I don't think he said that to motivate Town.  I think he said it because it was the truth.  The reality is that Town came in late, and didn't ever get to take part in offensive installs.  He flat out didn't know our offense because he'd never been through a practice where it was installed. He was likely just the scout team guy.  So he was behind, but not really by his own fault.  Just the timing of the situation.  Now that he's going through the same as everyone else, he's likely to take a big jump forward.  But again, I don't think CBB was actually calling him out, just explaining why he was behind.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 14, 2016, 11:20:41 pm

I don't think that.  I think CBB was simply sharing facts/information in an open manner.

I'm sure sometimes he does share things to tweek a guy's nose a bit, to motivate a certain kid, but most of the time he's just answering somebody's question with directness and openness.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

There are going to be a lot of interesting things shake-out this spring, but IMO the most interesting is going to be the OL. 

I know we've got guys to replace, but we've got some pretty talented kids taking those slots, but just how our new OL coach sets them all up is going to be fun to watch.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WizardofhOgZ

Pretty good attempt - thanks for posting.

But there's no way "Sosa" Agim doesn't play a LOT this fall.  He has to be in the two-deep.

Soooie21

a0ashle

I agree with Cantrell playing a lot. We like to play games with personnel and not knowing how Cantrell will line up. FB, RB, H-Back, TE.... we can make some mismatches.

MusicCityHogFan

I like your thought process here. But I also think that they will try to feed Whaley some because they want to make it a statement that when you get recruited to play RB at Arkansas that you will get significant playing time early, and that you'll get a 1000 yards your freshmen. He's been like this for a lot of his running backs, might as well keep the standard

PorkRinds

Quote from: MusicCityHogFan on March 15, 2016, 02:07:55 pm
I like your thought process here. But I also think that they will try to feed Whaley some because they want to make it a statement that when you get recruited to play RB at Arkansas that you will get significant playing time early, and that you'll get a 1000 yards your freshmen. He's been like this for a lot of his running backs, might as well keep the standard

Not bad logic, for sure.  It could play out a number of ways.

Sportster365

Before reviewing that two deep I had absolutely zero enthusiasm concerning Hog football or basketball for that matter, but afterwards...its hard not to get a little excited about what's lurking in the wings for this group of Razorbacks.

I've thought Austin to be a much better QB than Brandon for some time now. With Rafe and Ricky as his backups... we should be in good shape there.

Our receiving corp. should be the best we'll see so far under Bielema.

Our running game and OL is still a big ? Not as concern with the RBs as Iam with the OL without Pittman.

Defense is setup to be pretty darn salty. The DL and DBfield should once again be our strengths. Gotta like the size we're putting in at LB. Still a little undersized compared to say an Alabama... but we're getting there.

ChitownHawg

My feeling is due to his injury RW will be eased in. So DW and KW to start the season. By midseason DW / RW with KW going back to his normal role of FB or short yardage back.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Some of y'all are referring to a presser of several months ago about CBB's comments on Town. His last presser he was a lot more complimentary. Actually, iirc, Rafe was mentioned least.

I believe Enos will have these guys ready to use their talents to their best ability. May the best win. But it will be AA and RT come Sept 1.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 14, 2016, 12:14:35 pm
"If a depth chart was put out today, Austin Allen would be the starter, and Rafe Peavey would be the #2 guy" - Bret Bielema at a press conference last month
but it wasn't put out that day so that means nothing. they have admitted that they didn't even try to get Rick ready. We'll see when it all shakes out but I bet the OP is right.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 15, 2016, 04:50:27 pm
Some of y'all are referring to a presser of several months ago about CBB's comments on Town. His last presser he was a lot more complimentary. Actually, iirc, Rafe was mentioned least.

I believe Enos will have these guys ready to use their talents to their best ability. May the best win. But it will be AA and RT come Sept 1.  ;)
They don't like Mr California. Idiots.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

SemperHawg

I hadn't really thought of it until now, but this is the first real QB competition we have had in quite some time.  I'm not sure Hogville will be able to handle it.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 15, 2016, 09:08:47 am
I don't think he said that to motivate Town.  I think he said it because it was the truth.  The reality is that Town came in late, and didn't ever get to take part in offensive installs.  He flat out didn't know our offense because he'd never been through a practice where it was installed. He was likely just the scout team guy.  So he was behind, but not really by his own fault.  Just the timing of the situation.  Now that he's going through the same as everyone else, he's likely to take a big jump forward.  But again, I don't think CBB was actually calling him out, just explaining why he was behind.
This is what I think has happened.  Rather than him being slow in learning our offense, I think he has not had a good chance to learn it.  That will change (for Town) this spring.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 16, 2016, 09:00:07 am
What the heck are you talking about?  If Ricky Town is the best QB on campus after the spring, he'll be named the starter.  If he is the best QB on campus after the fall, he'll be named the starter and start the first game.

Period.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HighcountryHog

I am absolutely loving the fact we have a legit QB battle.  They are all highly rated players, with a great coordinator to coach them up.  In the end, whoever they choose should be more than capable of continuing what BA was able to do.

Defense is a different story. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 16, 2016, 09:00:07 am

There's a leap of logic.

Some of us had seen the earlier PC, but had not caught CBB's more recent comments.

Rather than some idiotic statement pulled out of your rear, could that be the deal?

RME

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 16, 2016, 11:50:13 am
There's a leap of logic.

Some of us had seen the earlier PC, but had not caught CBB's more recent comments.

Rather than some idiotic statement pulled out of your rear, could that be the deal?

Easyyy...he's still holding onto hope for Devin White and Kyle Porter

hamsam

I'll bet you a gallon of goose crap to a hole in a donut that Capps will get meaningful playing time fairly quickly on the D-line. The guy is just an unbelievable athlete and is as strong as an ox. Now that he can focus on one side of the ball, he will be an animal IMO.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

SemperHawg

Quote from: hamsam on March 16, 2016, 12:31:31 pm
I'll bet you a gallon of goose crap to a hole in a donut that Capps will get meaningful playing time fairly quickly on the D-line. The guy is just an unbelievable athlete and is as strong as an ox. Now that he can focus on one side of the ball, he will be an animal IMO.

bennyl08

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 16, 2016, 09:17:28 am
I hadn't really thought of it until now, but this is the first real QB competition we have had in quite some time.  I'm not sure Hogville will be able to handle it.

Allen vs Mitchell was a real qb battle.

However, this will be by far the best qb battle we've had in a good long time. 4 players who all are capable starters in the SEC duking it out with pretty much the only advantage anybody has over the others is age. Let the games begin.

redleg

This was my attempt at a "TWO-DEEP" roster before the spring practices.
Austin Allen is the most experienced QB on the team, so he got the start. I struggled with either Town or Storey at #2, and went with Town's overall talent. Peavey is a good QB, but he does not have the arm strength the others have, plus he is actually better suited for a spread offense like A&M or Auburn.
As for RB, Bielema said he thought Whaley might be the most overall talented RB he has ever signed, which is really saying something. With RWIII injury, and the fact that Whaley is more talented and faster than Kody, that's what I ended up with.
When the Hogs go with 3-wides, look for Hatcher, Morgan, and either Reed or Cornelius to start. But  the other receivers will get their share of playing time.
At TE, Sprinkle is the clear starter. Kraus is going to be a blocking TE. Gragg, Cantrell, and O'Grady are interchangeable to me.
The O-Line is what it is. But CBB and his staff had better find the other three starters fast so that unit can gel early in the season.
At DE, I went with the most experienced guys, three of whom will be seniors. Bell and Agim will get their time on the field, but like I said at the beginning, this was a TWO-DEEP.
DT is self-explanatory. That's who we have, although you could throw in Capps, Guidry, and Marks.
Josh Williams may or may not be back, I don't know. If he isn't, look for Hackett to start and Ramsey to back up. DeJon Harris might play too, but Kendrick Jackson is moving back to MLB and he is a good player.
I went with two backups at FS because Richardson made some plays down the stretch in 2015, but look for Sykes to do good things this year.

hawgw1ld

I think Richardson will start. He comes from good stock and will work hard to get there. Could very well be a Burlsworth finalist next year.

BillyHog53

If our kicking game doesn't improve we won't win a few games we should have, but this is I hope, THE most improved and thus a strength we really need.

tophawg19

Quote from: redleg on March 16, 2016, 02:51:44 pmYour quote about Peavey isn't correct . He has the strongest arm of all our QB's . How can you say he's better suited to a spread, when we have never seen him on the field?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

redleg

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 16, 2016, 08:44:39 pm
Quote from: redleg on March 16, 2016, 02:51:44 pmYour quote about Peavey isn't correct . He has the strongest arm of all our QB's . How can you say he's better suited to a spread, when we have never seen him on the field?
No, he doesn't have the strongest arm. Town has the strongest arm. Town's ball speed is about equal to that of Tyler Wilson, which was a heartbeat faster than Brandon Allen's. AA is about that same as BA. Storey is very close to Town. Peavey throws an accurate pass, but his ball speed would be closer to former Hog QB Alex Mortensen. Peavey is the fastest of the QB's by far, running a 4.55 in the 40. He has good moves in the open field too. All of those factors point towards a QB that is better suited for a spread, or more closely, a spread option offense.
It's nothing personal against the guy. It's just that of the current scholarship QB's on the team, Ricky Town and Ty Storey have the most overall talent for a pro-style offense, which is what CBB wants to run. Kelley has those tools too, although he is not on campus yet.
Storey has been through a spring and a season to date, and Town will get more reps as he learns the offense. AA is the starter by default because of his lead in experience.
I will not be surprised to see Peavey transfer.

redleg

Quote from: BillyHog53 on March 16, 2016, 06:58:36 pm
If our kicking game doesn't improve we won't win a few games we should have, but this is I hope, THE most improved and thus a strength we really need.
P - #37 sr. Toby Baker 6'3" 205 lbs. .....Baker will have a solid season for the Hogs.
PK - #9 soph. Cole Hedlund 5'10" 165 lbs. .....As long as Hedlund continues to work on his accuracy, he has the ability to be a very good kicker for Arkansas. He was listed at 165 lbs last year. Look to see if that weight increases this fall. It would mean he hit the weight room to improve his leg strength.
PR - #1 jr. Jared Cornelius .....no-brainer.
KR - Won't be surprised to see Duwop and Dominique here again.

bennyl08

Quote from: redleg on March 17, 2016, 03:11:02 pm
No, he doesn't have the strongest arm. Town has the strongest arm. Town's ball speed is about equal to that of Tyler Wilson, which was a heartbeat faster than Brandon Allen's. AA is about that same as BA. Storey is very close to Town. Peavey throws an accurate pass, but his ball speed would be closer to former Hog QB Alex Mortensen. Peavey is the fastest of the QB's by far, running a 4.55 in the 40. He has good moves in the open field too. All of those factors point towards a QB that is better suited for a spread, or more closely, a spread option offense.
It's nothing personal against the guy. It's just that of the current scholarship QB's on the team, Ricky Town and Ty Storey have the most overall talent for a pro-style offense, which is what CBB wants to run. Kelley has those tools too, although he is not on campus yet.
Storey has been through a spring and a season to date, and Town will get more reps as he learns the offense. AA is the starter by default because of his lead in experience.
I will not be surprised to see Peavey transfer.

Any info to back that? Allen has always been better at throwing the deep ball than Wilson, going back to the practices as a true freshmen under Petrino. Sure, deep balls don't always equal better arm strength, but most of the time the better deep ball is the guy with the stronger arm because they have more control. Hence why I ask if there is something like ball velocity data that can quantify it? Otherwise, all anybody can do is subjectively talk about it.

Subjectively, I'd say arm strength in recent qb's goes like this

Mallett (obviously)

Town/Storey
Peavey
Austin
Brandon
Wilson

Cinco de Hogo

Scary to see how much we lose at DE after this season, someone ease my mind that we have plenty of talent there.

Until I see Austin Alllen perform I'll believe the biggest advantage he has is his last name.  I've got to see it and I don't want to wait til the last six or seven games of his career.  I know some of you aren't gonna like that statement but it's the way I feel about the QB battle none the less.

I can't see RW3 coming back and starting the first gsme, just can't.  Day one may even see Day or Evsns if one of them doesn't transfer.  DW will likely be the one beside CW though.

I like the progression of classes on the o-line, it looks like we will have bit f experience(in the system) even after losing three huge cogs.

WR!  If Hatcher comes back strong that's a salty group right there and any QB should be excited about playing with them.  If DM has the numbers he had last year NE should draft him ASAP!

DL, no excuse for anything less than exceptional play from that group, no excuse!

LB, still sme question as to who will be the starters but that gives us depth like never before. JW could come back strong from his injury, or not.  Ramsey could blow up and put it all together and be our best LBer. Who knows but potential is there.

CB, experience experience experience!  But with a new coach are they going to take advantage of it?

Safety, again experience but I'm not sure it's an exceptionally strong group.  Maybe just good enough.

ST,  I don't know, the problems last year was obviously deeper than just players so I would say coaching has to improve in this area.  With better coaching you get better players and so forth.  Then practice, practice, practice!   

TheRazorback500

We need a kicker that can put the ball in the end zone. Teams always seemed to start with good field position against us last year. It's kind of disappointing that we can't find one with a strong enough leg to get it in the end zone consistently. Hopefully one of the three experienced placekickers on campus will develop.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

onebadrubi

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 16, 2016, 02:28:03 pm
Allen vs Mitchell was a real qb battle.

However, this will be by far the best qb battle we've had in a good long time. 4 players who all are capable starters in the SEC duking it out with pretty much the only advantage anybody has over the others is age. Let the games begin.

Allen locked up that spot pretty quick, it wasnt much of a battle.