Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (15-7, 4-5) @ LSU (12-9, 3-6)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 03, 2018, 01:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 04:22:42 pm
not really, cause Mike is never going to change anything.
I truly and without reservation believe THIS^^^^.   Nothing is going to change.  Mike has been given an extension by the new AD.  BWA has had a few sell outs this season.  Razorback Foundation already buying out multiple contracts. Mike is going nowhere and he will not change one thing that he does.  This is it.

Our only hope is that the new recruiting classes are so talented that they can play through the mediocre coaching and the bad refereeing.  What we are seeing is how Mike Anderson coaches.  Its just the way he is and he has won a lot of games like that but he wont win the big game and he struggles mightily on the road.  At home, he is tough, but on the road, his teams are just not well run.  Not well organized and not well coached.

Mo_Better_Hogs

dhizzle

It's gonna be lsu was lights out from the three excuse. That's every team against the hogs.

Etowah

Just did not play with any fire and emotion.

We need the home crowd.

LSU shot lights out.

We got punked.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

rljjr

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TushCrush

Arkansas 3 for 8 from three point land. LSU 15 for 30. Lord have mercy.

Leadbelly

It's time for a change. The current staff has not proven they can get the job done. You loose twice to LSU in one year, you deserve to be fired. Pitiful, just pitiful!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

alohawg

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 03, 2018, 04:31:04 pm
I truly and without reservation believe THIS^^^^.   Nothing is going to change.  Mike has been given an extension by the new AD.  BWA has had a few sell outs this season.  Razorback Foundation already buying out multiple contracts. Mike is going nowhere and he will not change one thing that he does.  This is it.

Our only hope is that the new recruiting classes are so talented that they can play through the mediocre coaching and the bad refereeing.  What we are seeing is how Mike Anderson coaches.  Its just the way he is and he has won a lot of games like that but he wont win the big game and he struggles mightily on the road.  At home, he is tough, but on the road, his teams are just not well run.  Not well organized and not well coached.

Could it be because he is not very bright? Why else can he not learn and improve?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

You ever notice they never go to Mike in the huddles to hear what he's coaching? "He's punkin' you," isn't considered coaching.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

rljjr

MAGA45

Look where we are and look at Auburn basketball in less than half the time. Unreal. They don't even like basketball down there.
Fake News

hawgball40

Would we consider Thurman for HC? The guy sounds like a leader to me.

rljjr

Hogs won't win but maybe 3 more games down the stretch, miss the tournament, and we'll be told all is well.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: MAGA45 on February 03, 2018, 04:34:34 pm
Look where we are and look at Auburn basketball in less than half the time. Unreal. They don't even like basketball down there.

Sad

Sivad

Quote from: TebowHater on February 03, 2018, 04:30:43 pm
This is the low point of mA's career. Goodness gracious.
The "high point" being a win over Wofford.

Letsroll1200

I was wrong about this Razorback team. It's time for the media to adk Mike some tough questions

Beaverfever

Quote from: TushCrush on February 03, 2018, 04:32:41 pm
Its interesting that most teams in the country are moving towards an offense that's heavily based on three point shooting and we are seemingly doing the exact opposite.

TebowHater

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 03, 2018, 04:34:40 pm

No. We are not going to gamble on someone who was a radio color guy two years ago.

alohawg

If they started the season the way they've played since the Tennessee game, their W/L record would be the opposite at best.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsanity

Yes, lets hire someone with no head coaching experience, and is part of the Anderson coaching tree. Sounds like a great plan. Funny how all the other SEC teams can find good head coaches.

scaldedhog

Make Arkansas Football great again

Sivad

Quote from: TebowHater on February 03, 2018, 04:35:53 pm
No. We are not going to gamble on someone who was a radio color guy two years ago.
Well, let's hope not. But there's that fabulous 40 Minutes of Hell connection that's been so wonderful.

Kevin

No no more nostalgia hires. You don't have to have a Arkansas connection to coach this program

Danny Hurley
Eric musselman
Just to name two
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Beaverfever

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: TushCrush on February 03, 2018, 04:32:41 pm
that is just horrible.  To allow 30 more or less wide open 3 pt looks is just being lazy and not positioned well.  The college 3 pt line is such a joke anyway being so short (19'9") that you have to guard it and run folks off of it.  To let LSU shoot 30 3 pointers shows that Mike's team is in no way committed to defense.

hogsanity

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 03, 2018, 04:39:17 pm
that is just horrible.  To allow 30 more or less wide open 3 pt looks is just being lazy and not positioned well.  The college 3 pt line is such a joke anyway being so short (19'9") that you have to guard it and run folks off of it.  To let LSU shoot 30 3 pointers shows that Mike's team is in no way committed to defense.

um college 3pt line is 21'

Beaverfever

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 03, 2018, 04:39:17 pm
Of the 15 they missed I'd say they got probably 5 offensive rebounds.  They did anything and everything they wanted against us.

jgphillips3

I have supported Mike, but barring a miraculous finish to the season, I just can't.  He has taken us from terrible to mediocre.  However, I just can't see it getting any better.  Seems we are going to be a perpetual bubble to 7-9 seed team with him as coach...on years we make the tournament that is.  He won't be fired this year so there's no point in beating that drum, but he needs to show me something next year or I'm going to start warming up.

Ironhawg

I don't understand how, after a game like this where another team lights us up from the 3 point line, Mike doesn't make some changes to the defensive scheme.  Something is not working.

GoHogs1091

Anthony Grant got fired at Alabama for making the NCAAT just 1 time in 6 seasons.

Alabama is a football school.

Are we going to tolerate only making it to the NCAAT just 2 times in 7 seasons (if we don't make it this season)?

Remember we are a track & field school and a basketball school.  We take basketball more seriously than Alabama.

hogfan10

Quote from: Sivad on February 03, 2018, 04:35:20 pm
The "high point" being a win over Wofford.

Don't think we're going away from the 3 point shot, just think we can't get in open looks. Hard to do when you don't run an offense, or don't run it effectively if.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 04:41:15 pm
um college 3pt line is 21'
well, both of us are wrong, but I get your point.  It started out at 19'9" but was moved back 1 foot to 20'9" in 2007.  See link

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+distance+of+the+3+point+line+in+college+basketball&oq=what+is+the+distance+of+the+college+basketb&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.15318j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

but I do stand corrected.  Either way, its not a long shot compared to the NBA 3 pointer and is easy for many many college players to hit.  We have to do much better guarding it.

elksnort

Quote from: Breems on February 03, 2018, 04:24:19 pm
I think we should skip the formality of playing defense and ask the officials to either call a foul or give the other team 3 points for each of their possessions. Games would go a lot quicker with the same result.
there is a small College in Iowa that I think purposely does not play defense and they just try to outscore you

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2018, 04:45:55 pm
I have supported Mike, but barring a miraculous finish to the season, I just can't.  He has taken us from terrible to mediocre.  However, I just can't see it getting any better.  Seems we are going to be a perpetual bubble to 7-9 seed team with him as coach...on years we make the tournament that is.  He won't be fired this year so there's no point in beating that drum, but he needs to show me something next year or I'm going to start warming up.
jg, you have hit it on the head.  Mike HAS improved the program.  The recruits he is getting (such a tough break to not have a 4 star Khalil Garland be physically able to play for him this season) are an improvement over the past coaches.  But Mike simply is not a great in game coach.  His system, which is obviously based on Nolan's, is predicated on having superior athletes who can run, jump, play defense and turn other teams over and wear them down.  That used to work, but nowadays, many many teams want to play fast and their eyes light up when you try to speed them up.  They love it.  Teams drive deep in the lane and find the open man back out behind the 3 point line.  Its the NBA game. 

At his height, Nolan had studs running his system.  Corliss Williamson was a Gatorade National Player of the year in high school   Darnell Robinson was a McDonalds All American.  You name em, they were a notch or two better that what Mike has.  Couple that with today's game being different and Mike struggles to win games on the road cause other teams are athletic and when playing in front of their own fans, they play great and love up tempo.  When Mike's teams play half court offense,  it is downright PAINFUL to watch.  Its like none of them know what to do and they end of settling for some one on one play.  It really is bad.

I agree with you jg.  Right now, Mike is proficient in getting us the obligatory 22-11, 21-12 season with the 7-9 conference record.  Oh sure, we can be tough to beat at BWA but not going to threaten KY or FLA or whoever.   

I say we need to go get the Brinks truck and stop by the Razorback Foundation home offices and fill it up with cold hard cash--tons and tons of it and drive to Wichita, KS and back it up on Gregg Marshall's lawn and start dumping it out until he says "ok, I will come coach the Razorbacks."  You get him and you have a sure enough stud coach.