Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (15-7, 4-5) @ LSU (12-9, 3-6)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 03, 2018, 01:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MAGA45

Fake News

Kevin

Another point guard is killing us. And another career day shooting for a big opponent
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Leadbelly

Quote from: ceegar on February 03, 2018, 03:57:04 pm
Well we gave it a good run.  They answered.  We will lose as usual on the road.  Still a lot of games left though.  We might still make the NIT

We should NOT accept a NIT bid should we not go to the NCAA! We have 7 Sr's, if we don't make the dance, shut it down!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

HogInThaGrove

Closing out on 3 point shooters with your hands down is just bad fundamentals... and who is responsible for "coaching" fundamentals...

Knot2brite

Quote from: rljjr on February 03, 2018, 04:01:59 pm
Agreed, but when it happens OVER and OVER it's the coach.
And that is when it falls on the coach...but then again...some times you have to roll with what you have and what they can do for you
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Danimal

Cmheinley

1 minute possession for LSU. They get a 3 out of it. Chalk it up as a loss.

Cmheinley

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

rljjr

Uhhh, Mr. Announcer, Gafford is NOT shooting 86% from the FT line.

Breems

This is one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. Slow, and always behind their man.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogwildjoshua

rljjr

Down to 6. Do we have a defensive stop in us right here?

hoglady

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on February 03, 2018, 03:56:41 pm
When we don't defend half of them it makes it much easier.

We may get a hand in their face - but we hardly ever stop the 3 before the pass is made. We let the shooter get set - then make a run at them just before the shot. We need to do a better job of not letting the shooter get set or affecting the pass. We do neither.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TebowHater

LOL Gafford is not an 86% FT shooter nor do I believe he missed both.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Ironhawg

Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2018, 04:02:30 pm
What are they looking at???

That was really odd.  It was like the officials were icing Gafford.

Beaverfever

Danimal

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 03, 2018, 03:32:01 pm
Mike is too stubborn to make adjustments
Reminds me of a certain football coach who was recently canned.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 03, 2018, 03:58:36 pm
LSU is 14/28 on 3s.  Wow!
thats 42 pts from those 28 shots.  That is the equivalent of shooting 21 of 28 (75%) with 2 pt shots.   Not going to beat anybody on the road when you give up the equivalent of 75% shooting.  Its about desire and pride and just flat not allowing the opponent to get a wide open 3 pt shot and we are not showing those attributes.  We are employing the "watch and pray it doesnt go in defense."  It aint working

rljjr

Letsroll1200

Cmheinley

HogInThaGrove

6 sr's and their freshman is murdering us....again.

Wonder what it's like to have an actual point guard, one that creates for others and sets up high percentage shots for people.  Pipe dream I guess.

rljjr

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on February 03, 2018, 04:08:07 pm

Wonder what it's like to have an actual point guard, one that creates for others and sets up high percentage shots for people.  Pipe dream I guess.

Come on, man. Mediocre Mike has only had 7 years to get a true PG. He needs time.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 03, 2018, 04:06:14 pm
Season on the line here.

I agree. In addition, should we not make the NCAA, changes need to be made. First time I've said that since Phelphrey was here.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hog Pharm

Leadbelly

Beaverfever

Not sure why Macon is still trying to pass.  If we needed him to be a point guard we should have worked on that in the offseason not with our entire season on the line.

oldbooniehog

Just want to point out that in a few minutes, LSU will likely have 4 SEC basketball wins this season.

Half of those will have been against Arkansas.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: rljjr on February 03, 2018, 04:08:56 pm
Come on, man. Mediocre Mike has only had 7 years to get a true PG. He needs time.

Right.. my bad.  What was I thinking?

jfred59

This is something that rips me about CBB...had a coach call a timeout, run 15 or whatever seconds off the clock, turnover and a media time out.  It ruins the flow for everyone

rljjr

Quote from: Hog Pharm on February 03, 2018, 04:09:51 pm
Excellent possession by our senior guards

To be fair they're not used to a defender that close them in practice.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on February 03, 2018, 04:08:07 pm

But our bench and denfense are so good we don't need one

Letsroll1200

TheSportsGuy

We lost all our confidence.  You can see it in their eyes.  They know they can't rely on the coach to teach them.  That's the definition of lost.  Feel bad for em

HogInThaGrove

I would also like to point out that LSU had lost 5/6 coming in to this game.  Glad we could help them get back on track.

riccoar

Just don't seem much heart in this team. And at this point, Gafford should drop any thinking of going pro after this season.

TuCanSam

"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Bogghawg

I don't want Coach Anderson to be fired.  I have nothing against him.  I treasure his connection to Nolan and I long for those days.  But he simply is not doing the job we deserve to have done.  To under achieve with this line up the way this team has, to make the same mistakes every game, to show no consistency and very little effort, to absolutely refuse to change your strategy when it AIN'T working...It mystifies me that this team can put out as poor a showing as they have.  We need to try something else.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Letsroll1200

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Macon and Barford need to flip the switch. Yes it's a team game, yes you want to get your teammates involved, but at some point you have to go the trey young route
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hog Pharm

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Bogghawg

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on February 03, 2018, 04:11:33 pm
I would also like to point out that LSU had lost 5/6 coming in to this game.  Glad we could help them get back on track.
5/6 since the last time they played Arkansas, actually.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig