Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris is winning the Twitterverse!

Started by livevanguy, December 08, 2017, 09:15:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealOrNoSqueal

Or maybe just evil. Can't believe what I read/see/hear from these so called Christians!

Mjs84

That's Right!  How About Those Hogs!

Birminghog

Guys, can we please stop this? I actually agree with Pokey, only he had the guts to bring it up and I didn't. I, too, thought it was political, and I don't like the current occupant of the White House. That doesn't make me a communist, and it doesn't make those who disagree with me nazis (uncapitalized on purpose).

I promise that if you attack me for posting this, I will not return fire, so there will be no spitting matches with yours truly. Let's all enjoy our honeymoon with CM, muse about a Chadillac, come up with a theme song, anticipate a DC, and agree on rooting for the Hogs, okay?

And now, back to your previous programming.

Mjs84

There's a difference between having guts and an emotional response to something.  This isn't the place that will help you sort out your problems.  Maybe you need a time machine.

SquealOrNoSqueal

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 08, 2017, 06:19:35 pm
There's a difference between having guts and an emotional response to something.  This isn't the place that will help you sort out your problems.  Maybe you need a time machine.
Maybe reasonable people are tired of hearing morons spout ignorant phrases like MAGA. Maybe.

Billy Bats

Quote from: SquealOrNoSqueal on December 08, 2017, 06:26:34 pm
Maybe reasonable people are tired of hearing morons spout ignorant phrases like MAGA. Maybe.

I definitely am.  Hog fans are all races and religions, creeds and political persuasions.  It would be nice if they kept their Russian Puppet out of my sports. 

Mjs84

Lol. You honestly identify with reason?   Somebody felt triggered.

Mjs84

Birminghog

A very good friend of mine, a former colleague, used to tell his graduate students, "I expect you to participate in this class. However, between thinking and speaking, I want you to breathe. That intermediate step will keep you from saying something that you might not otherwise and about which you might regret." I usually follow that rule. I would be better off if I followed it all of the time.

I am very grateful for HV and the information that I get from its members. If not for HV, I might be swimming against the Tide (and Tigers). WPS, GHG.

Mjs84

Nobody said the but you guy!  It's a hat.

Lanlord

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:36:18 pm
A very good friend of mine, a former colleague, used to tell his graduate students, "I expect you to participate in this class. However, between thinking and speaking, I want you to breathe. That intermediate step will keep you from saying something that you might not otherwise and about which you might regret." I usually follow that rule. I would be better off if I followed it all of the time.

I am very grateful for HV and the information that I get from its members. If not for HV, I might be swimming against the Tide (and Tigers). WPS, GHG.

This coach search I've been getting all my info from Twitter. Hogville use to know first.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:08:58 pm
Guys, can we please stop this? I actually agree with Pokey, only he had the guts to bring it up and I didn't. I, too, thought it was political, and I don't like the current occupant of the White House. That doesn't make me a communist, and it doesn't make those who disagree with me nazis (uncapitalized on purpose).

I promise that if you attack me for posting this, I will not return fire, so there will be no spitting matches with yours truly. Let's all enjoy our honeymoon with CM, muse about a Chadillac, come up with a theme song, anticipate a DC, and agree on rooting for the Hogs, okay?

Please, and I mean this sincerely, how is a picture of a Make Arkansas Great Again hat political?  I really want to know. 

To my line of reasoning it was using something that has become part of the dialogue of our country and made it into satire, which here is a fancy word that means humor. 

I mean, seriously, I didn't sense that anyone was trying to bring anything  at all political to this conversation until someone actually did and started attacking people.

Mjs84

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:36:18 pm

HV certainly has its funky side! I think everyone is going to enjoy this new high octane offense.

Mjs84

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on December 08, 2017, 07:02:27 pm
Please, and I mean this sincerely, how is a picture of a Make Arkansas Great Again hat political?  I really want to know. 

To my line of reasoning it was using something that has become part of the dialogue of our country and made it into satire, which here is a fancy word that means humor. 

I mean, seriously, I didn't sense that anyone was trying to bring anything  at all political to this conversation until someone actually did and started attacking people.

A few peeps thought it would be ok to scream uncle while inserting their personal politics.  The hat was what you would call a nothing burger.  But you know...wouldn't it be nice if CCM got some 5 star recruits this year?

Cure

Calm down, he's no Lane Kiffin after just 1 day.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 06:31:34 pm
I definitely am.  Hog fans are all races and religions, creeds and political persuasions.  It would be nice if they kept their Russian Puppet out of my sports. 
Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 06:08:58 pm

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

checkraiser88

I'm a political science grad and this thread blows, like hardcore! Politics and sports should never mix! Maybe the occasional zinger but beyond that whatevs. Sports is supposed to get us away from the BS going on in washington right now

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:15:02 pm
I'm a political science grad and this thread blows, like hardcore! Politics and sports should never mix! Maybe the occasional zinger but beyond that whatevs. Sports is supposed to get us away from the BS going on in washington right now
the same guys that scream "no kneeling" , aka keep politics out of sports, always go around this board screetching "maga" and calling people libtards and commies and pinkos. They are incapable of keeping politics out of sports.

Oh, the irony.

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

checkraiser88

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 08, 2017, 07:18:50 pm
Your mad because nobody wants to hear your beliefs.  You would insert your own preference while calling for your momma!  And we care so much about your background btw...

What are my beliefs? LOL! Did you read the post?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:20:26 pm
What are my beliefs? LOL! Did you read the post?
the guy used the phrase "it's a nothingburger". talking sheep; He'll have to wait for Rush to decide for him how he feels about it.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 08, 2017, 07:18:50 pm
Your mad because nobody wants to hear your beliefs.  You would insert your own preference while calling for your momma!  And we care so much about your background btw...

We care so much about your post count to, you contribute a lot to this board with your ideas. Nice try though with your "your momma" comment, try to frame an argument without resorting to bar talk, although this board I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and I've been drinking tonight so I probably won't remember this tomorrow

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 10:38:50 am
way to make half of us throw up in our mouths.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THIS FORUM. Nobody wants to hear that crap, especially associating the Hogs with that terrible, lying sack of darn.

#PoliticsFreeZonePlease for the love of God.

Sounds like someone needs nap time.  Politics because of a cap?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Half of us?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Lying sack of darn?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Did you forget whose husband has a library in Little Rock?

CCM is going to make Arkansas great again after the last 5 tortuous years.   
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 07:21:52 pm
the guy used the phrase "it's a nothingburger". talking sheep; He'll have to wait for Rush to decide for him how he feels about it.

It's alright pokey, if he said our past season was a nothingburger than I would of respect for the man! lol

Birminghog

Farmer, from the hat to the font on the hat to the colors involved and so on, it appeared to be a riff on Make America Great Again. Personally, my favorite riff on that is that of Neil deGrasse Tyson, "Make America Smart Again." BTW, in no way do I take your question to be provocative, and I seek no provocation by my answer. You asked a reasonable question that I thought deserved a response. WPS.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 03:29:15 pm
nope. this is me. I grew up in Varner. i aint no cryin ass beetch. Nor am I a sheep belonging to a "party". You people need to think for yourselves.

Ahhhh. My tax dollars at work to feed and house....

checkraiser88

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 07:33:12 pm
Farmer, from the hat to the font on the hat to the colors involved and so on, it appeared to be a riff on Make America Great Again. Personally, my favorite riff on that is that of Neil deGrasse Tyson, "Make America Smart Again." BTW, in no way do I take your question to be provocative, and I seek no provocation by my answer. You asked a reasonable question that I thought deserved a response. WPS.

I mean take the hat as humor...I jumped in late I don't know what's going on. I made a post about keeping politics out of sports and the guy said I needed to call my mama because of it lol

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:28:38 pm
It's alright pokey, if he said our past season was a nothingburger than I would of respect for the man! lol
best use of the word i've seen yet.

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on December 08, 2017, 07:27:28 pm
Sounds like someone needs nap time.  Politics because of a cap?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Half of us?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Lying sack of darn?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Did you forget whose husband has a library in Little Rock?

CCM is going to make Arkansas great again after the last 5 tortuous years.   

Pig in the Pokey

checkraiser88

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 07:42:27 pm
nm

Good call! I've already reported these studs. It is against the rules and there's a reason for that, they got their own board and even says on the title of that forum to "keep it civil"...LOL double wammy on these peeps

Mjs84

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:27:05 pm
We care so much about your post count to, you contribute a lot to this board with your ideas. Nice try though with your "your momma" comment, try to frame an argument without resorting to bar talk, although this board I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and I've been drinking tonight so I probably won't remember this tomorrow
You actually won me over with your last comment.   But congrats with being the first one to comment on my post count, it's like a right of passage around here!  Makes me feel included actually.  But seriously, step away from the ledge, your giving me too much to work with.

Birminghog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:36:38 pm
I mean take the hat as humor...I jumped in late I don't know what's going on. I made a post about keeping politics out of sports and the guy said I needed to call my mama because of it lol

Back in the 80s, for four years I was an "interim" Minister of Music in a Southern Baptist church in central Texas. Wonderful people. The pastor told me one time, "You know, Baptists are the only people I know who execute their own wounded." Clearly, he had never been on HV. Imagine what could be accomplished with our combined energies if we didn't spend so much time squabbling with one another, insulting one another and calling one another names.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 08, 2017, 07:46:25 pm
You actually won me over with your last comment.   But congrats with being the first one to comment on my post count, it's like a right of passage around here!  Makes me feel included actually.  But seriously, step away from the ledge, your giving me too much to work with.

;)

Mjs84

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 08, 2017, 07:36:38 pm
I'm sure your mom is a sweet lady.  Sometimes it helps to read the whole post before you stand on a soap box.  Yes, the hat was funny.  My point the whole way.  It should be allowed.  Mr Political Science..

Lol.."I'm drunk, what happened?" 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 06:31:34 pm

Which one? Hillary or Obama.?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Billy Bats

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 08, 2017, 09:13:02 pm
Which one? Hillary or Obama.?

Nah, your orange fuhrer with a 75 IQ and a chronic dry-mouth with no accomplishments besides piggy backing off a black man's surging economy. 

alohawg

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 10:06:36 pm
Nah, your orange fuhrer with a 75 IQ and a chronic dry-mouth with no accomplishments besides piggy backing off a black man's surging economy. 

Some real beauties in this, lol.
Some fuhrer, he just gave the Jews the recognition of their capital that's been promised by many previous Presidents,  including the half-rican that doubled the national debt with his surging economy. I wouldn't bemoan other's IQ if I were you.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Pig in the Pokey

DO YOU PEOPLE SEE_
why you should have never started the damn politics yet?

hammy davis jr

Quote from: hogcards on December 08, 2017, 03:35:15 pm
Lose some weight and get your nipples fixed.  They appear to pointing downward.

Peace out.  I'm grilling tonight.

😂

hawgball40

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 11:01:13 pm
DO YOU PEOPLE SEE_
why you should have never started the damn politics yet?

When in doubt, double down on your foolishness. God forbid you would ever be a big enough man to admit that you over reacted.

deuces

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 08, 2017, 11:27:39 pm
When in doubt, double down on your foolishness. God forbid you would ever be a big enough man to admit that you over reacted.

deuces
nm

Southpointhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 07:20:10 pm
the same guys that scream "no kneeling" , aka keep politics out of sports, always go around this board screetching "maga" and calling people libtards and commies and pinkos. They are incapable of keeping politics out of sports.
This is an ignorant self righteous post!

Oh, the irony.

This is a self righteous ignorant post!

TheSportsGuy

Hey Pig.....  I guarantee one thing....  you are the very person that started the whole chain of crap that this thread turned into.  If you wouldn't have snowflaked out at the beginning, the rest would have been a non-issue.  YOU are the reason this thread went political.  Not the actual hat...  food for thought, if you can comprehend it...

checkraiser88

Quote from: Mjs84 on December 08, 2017, 07:52:11 pm
I'm sure your mom is a sweet lady.  Sometimes it helps to read the whole post before you stand on a soap box.  Yes, the hat was funny.  My point the whole way.  It should be allowed.  Mr Political Science..

Lol.."I'm drunk, what happened?"

iiiiii I actually agree with that statement....i'm too messed to check back and see what ignited this darn hole

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on December 08, 2017, 11:45:12 pm
Hey Pig.....  I guarantee one thing....  you are the very person that started the whole chain of crap that this thread turned into.  If you wouldn't have snowflaked out at the beginning, the rest would have been a non-issue.  YOU are the reason this thread went political.  Not the actual hat...  food for thought, if you can comprehend it...
the cat posting the trump memorabilia started it. I have a right to request no politics on this forum. And that is the rule.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 11:56:48 pm
the cat posting the trump memorabilia started it. I have a right to request no politics on this forum. And that is the rule.

There was nothing political about the damn hat. It's all about context. You took it all out of context and now this entire thread has been turned into 2.5 pages of darn.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 11:58:44 pm
There was nothing political about the damn hat. It's all about context. You took it all out of context and now this entire thread has been turned into 2.5 pages of darn.
and thats all my fault? For asking them to stop posting political crap, like that damn hat. That hat is a hated symbol and you know it. If I was posting Obama hats in here they'd say the same damn thing. Tell them no politics and they call you a commie. Just as many people in here agree as disagree, when you get through.

Hawg Life

Because they are precious ❄️ snowflakes, and their opinion is more important than yours.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 09, 2017, 12:00:20 am
and thats all my fault? For asking them to stop posting political crap, like that damn hat. That hat is a hated symbol and you know it. If I was posting Obama hats in here they'd say the same damn thing.

Obama doesn't have a cool hat like trump.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ronmahony

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 10:38:50 am
way to make half of us throw up in our mouths.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THIS FORUM. Nobody wants to hear that crap, especially associating the Hogs with that terrible, lying sack of darn.

Looks to me that you are the only one bringing up politics.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.