Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvel better have killed someone

Started by Wooderson, December 05, 2017, 09:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

In no way does any statistic back up hiring Morris over Norvell.  It's not reasonable.  Whatever spooked the UofA better have been substantial.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

duckman

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 09:27:58 pm
In no way does any statistic back up hiring Morris over Norvell.  It's not reasonable.  Whatever spooked the UofA better have been substantial.

It was....

Well that's what she said.

hawgon

Three hookers down on Hollywood...allegedly.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: duckman on December 05, 2017, 09:29:00 pm
It was....

Well that's what she said.

You know...hell with it.

Mike Norvell has some problems. You think Bobby Petrino was a problem?

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

duckman

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 05, 2017, 09:30:14 pm
You know...hell with it.

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

This...

Acehawg

LawyerHog50

You know...hell with it.

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

Highly doubt that, or memphis would have fired him. Great coaches have big egos and the PTB  couldn't swallow their pride and pull the trigger
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

TexasHog

You know...hell with it.

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

What about Lane?

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Acehawg

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 09:31:40 pm
Highly doubt that, or memphis would have fired him. Great coaches have big egos and the path couldn't swallow their pride and pull the trigger

thebignasty

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

FrJoseph

It was more than just gambling. Also, don't look at the wins and losses. SMU has had 4 winning seasons the last 20 years. Morris has had 1 of those.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Hogsmo Kramer

You know...hell with it.

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

And yet Memphis gave him a raise and an extension.

I've heard the rumors myself and still not sure I'm buying it. Sounds like rumors and innuendo.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

duckman

Highly doubt that, or memphis would have fired him. Great coaches have big egos and the path couldn't swallow their pride and pull the trigger

Yes, because Mephis has such high standards...

Wooderson

I don't care if he had mistresses.  I don't care if he gambled as long as it wasn't on games.  I don't care if he sent pics to chicks.

It would take a sexual assault, murder, or current alcohol/drug addiction to stay clear in my opinion.

I'm tired of being the responsible program who sucks.  Hell Oklahoma is about to play a rb in the playoffs accused of rape.  Yet we can't make a risky hire to end the drought of zero conference championships in 29 years.

panhandlepig

I hate it for him whatever it was.   And I agree.

thebignasty

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 05, 2017, 09:33:11 pm

I've heard the rumors myself and still not sure I'm buying it. Sounds like rumors and innuendo.

Seems odd that he got no run at any of the 20 million jobs that were open at the end of the season, right?

I mean not even Ole Miss.

Roaringboar

Agreed, especially in today's atmosphere with new scandals popping up every day.....memphis wouldn't have risked it with OR extended him with their program on the rise......they would've canned him and went for someone else......the irony......they still would've ended up with a better hire than we have probably......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

duckman

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 05, 2017, 09:33:11 pm

Not one school made a serious offer

Not

One....

LawyerHog50

Quote from: duckman on December 05, 2017, 09:33:18 pm
Yes, because Mephis has such high standards...

Higher standards than us apparently
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

FrJoseph

You know...hell with it.

Norvell had that beat.

PRJ

Haha. I didn't see this or i wouldn't have posted. You stated it much more succinctly Sir.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Acehawg

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 09:33:35 pm
I don't care if he had mistresses.  I don't care if he gambled as long as it wasn't on games.  I don't care if he sent pics to chicks.

It would take a sexual assault, murder, or current alcohol/drug addiction to stay clear in my opinion.

I'm tired of being the responsible program who sucks.  Hell Oklahoma is about to play a rb in the playoffs accused of rape.  Yet we can't make a risky hire to end the drought of zero conference championships in 29 years.

hawgon

And then there were the car jackings and the pimping.

Acehawg

Wooderson

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 05, 2017, 09:33:04 pm
It was more than just gambling. Also, don't look at the wins and losses. SMU has had 4 winning seasons the last 20 years. Morris has had 1 of those.

Fr Joe

It goes so far beyond just the overall wins and losses of the two.  Norvell trumps Morris in every way.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: duckman on December 05, 2017, 09:34:29 pm

Not

One....

It is curious I admit.

But it's not like Memphis is the only school he's coached at, and his rumored vices aren't usually the type that just pops up out of nowhere.

Hard time believing this is the first time this has come up.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hawgon

He also is rumored to prefer oak smoked brisket to ribs.

Carl Lazlo

Again besides Arkansas and smu, who wanted Morris?

Acehawg

Morris was nicer in the interviews?  Gift of gab?

Roaringboar

Quote from: duckman on December 05, 2017, 09:34:29 pm

Not

One....

Because he's only had two years of experience in the AAC, and he was by far no Scott Frost........Besides, the other hires everyone has made have been HUGE......and I think Ole Miss didn't even try because of sanctions....they knew it would be hard to get and keep a coach......they got out pretty early, and Miss State, Florida, A&M, and Florida State got one of their top targets right off......Miss State's might've been a surprise, but I'm sure they've been planning for a Mullen departure for a couple of years now......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

thebignasty

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on December 05, 2017, 09:38:26 pm
Again besides Arkansas and smu, who wanted Morris?
Tennessee, probably would have been in a strong position for A&M if Jimbo wasn't looking for a way out of Tallahassee.

B Ray

University wasn't willing to go down that road and roll the dice

brenthog

What about Kiffin? What happened with him?

TebowHater

Acehawg

IronHog

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 09:33:35 pm

Money and power only make you more of what you are....   

You can't hire a HC that like co-eds and other risky vices.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

thebignasty

Quote from: hawgon on December 05, 2017, 09:37:40 pm
He also is rumored to prefer oak smoked brisket to ribs.

rumor I heard was he sauces the ribs.

hawgon

I heard that Norvell showed up for the interview with a .40 and a forty.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

IronHog

Quote from: brenthog on December 05, 2017, 09:39:58 pm
What about Kiffin? What happened with him?

Vetting process revealed a winning % of 3 coming off Rush week.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 05, 2017, 09:43:19 pm

Vetting process revealed a winning % of 3 coming off Rush week.

good stuff

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on December 05, 2017, 09:42:13 pm
I heard that Norvell showed up for the interview with a .40 and a forty.

On LSU AD top drawer short list

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: TebowHater on December 05, 2017, 09:40:48 pm
He told us no.

He said no to what?  He said no to Houston because of the buyout.  Was there something in our offer that made him say no?

clutch

Whatever it was, I doubt it happened while at Memphis, or he wouldn't have gotten an extension. They would have said nobody else wants you, take your $1.8 mil and be happy. If it's true that it happened at Tulsa, then I don't really care about it anyways. That was a long time ago and he was in his 20's. Guys do dumb stuff for poon in their 20's. All I know is he can coach the heck out of some football and he hasn't had any major issues pop up in his 2 years as the Memphis Head Coach.

Wooderson

Quote from: B Ray on December 05, 2017, 09:39:56 pm
University wasn't willing to go down that road and roll the dice

Again why the heck are we doing this then?  Who are we trying to be?  What the heck did Long's integrity get us? 

We have to win and it is time to win at ANY cost.  We have fallen so far that we are on the brink of becoming irrelevant. 

If tomorrow the top 60 football programs were to split off would we be in that group or would we be in the pretender group.  We left the SWC and door mats like Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech ARE better programs than us.  Its disgusting.