Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has there ever been a less well recieved coaching hire?

Started by woo.pig, December 05, 2017, 08:09:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorChuck

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 05, 2017, 11:12:15 pm
Funny but if you log off of here, it seems a lot less negative.
But its like a horrible car wreck, you can't help but stare at the bodies all over the freeway.

OneLardAlmighty

Probably not, but the internet, message boards, and keyboard coaches have changed the nature of the receiving pretty dramatically.  In former days, people didn't sit around all day spreading rumors to the world, building expectations that only a media star could fulfill, or constantly refreshing for breaking news.  And even if the hiring of a Crowe or a Nutt had spawned such violent reactions, there would've been no way to express it, apart from maybe Orville telling the state he was furious.

Don't be like a fish who doesn't know he's wet; have some perception of the world we live in.  It's apples and oranges. 

Redhogs

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 05, 2017, 08:45:29 pm
Bielema was also praised. I've heard when opposing coaches praise too loudly they think they've got it up your backside.
Petrino hated...winner   Bert loved.....loser....I see a pattern. If your competition loves what you are doing..BEWARE.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawg IQ

Quote from: Redhogs on December 06, 2017, 07:52:09 am
Petrino hated...winner   Bert loved.....loser....I see a pattern. If your competition loves what you are doing..BEWARE.
yet there were coaches out there to hire, it wasn't like CM was the last plum on the tree. Here a small list: Sumlin, Leach, Venables, Kiffin ? , Brohm and prob some others like Gundy !? Why the quick trigger here. I agree with other about uniting fan base which almost war torn now .
go hogs go !

soooieman

Quote from: Redhogs on December 06, 2017, 07:52:09 am
We can only hope that the SEC is as bad as it was under BP. If Morris only has to beat 3 conf teams with winning records over 2 years we are all set.