Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im hearing it's over ya'll!!

Started by Pig in the Pokey, November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBreath

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 27, 2017, 08:44:24 pm
We'll teach the SEC a lesson about not hiring experienced coaches. People said BB wouldn't work out and I'm gonna say Norvell won't either. Why are we settling for a guy who's only been HC for 2 years at Memphis? Have we fallen that far?
Seems like a better idea than the last guy we had, who turns out, was just a front man for Coach Alvarez.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

thebignasty

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 27, 2017, 08:51:48 pm
Yep
Florida got Mullen.   Who else has hired an SEC coach away in recent memory?

All I can think of is Ole Miss taking Hootie off our hands.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:52:40 pm
if it is norvell, great.

some of you guys saying he is young and will not succeed.

we just fired a guy whose resume, said he would most likely succeed, and he failed.

if norvell is a relentless worker, can recruit, and bring energy  to the program, I am all for him.
And BP had experience and he succeeded.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Kevin

funny a lot of you want scott frost, guys how many years he has been a head coach? that is right 2
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on November 27, 2017, 08:52:05 pm
This is the kind of modulating I can get behind.  Skandars initiatives are paying off.

Cosign.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Matt Burks

We'll teach the SEC a lesson about not hiring experienced coaches. People said BB wouldn't work out and I'm gonna say Norvell won't either. Why are we settling for a guy who's only been HC for 2 years at Memphis? Have we fallen that far?
You really need to research Norvell, he has more experience than that.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:53:39 pm
YES IT IS!! C'mon, mane! That is one of the most competitive conferences, if not THE most competitive conference in the country!

Now I know you're FoS and just looking for confirmation from someone.
This is my non-signature signature.

Deep Shoat

YES IT IS!! C'mon, mane! That is one of the most competitive conferences, if not THE most competitive conference in the country!
It dang sure wasn't the last time Norvell played UCF...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:51:54 pm
Nah.  Pretty sure we can have Venables instead.  Or Kiffin. 

If you're worried that we ain't ate up with big names and SEC experienced HCs, then yeah.

We have fallen that far.
im pretty sure we picked him over Kiffin, and Im positive we picked him over Leach.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

thebignasty

lol

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 27, 2017, 08:54:43 pm
You really need to research Norvell, he has more experience than that.
as HC?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Brass Knob

Pretty doubtful. If it was leaking here then it would be leaking on Memphis sites and there is not a word about it over there...

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:54:41 pm
funny a lot of you want scott frost, guys how many years he has been a head coach? that is right 2
Two years rebuilding a dead program.

Norvell took over for Fuente.  Memphis was already resurrected.
All Gas, No Brakes!

imtad16

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:52:40 pm
if it is norvell, great.

some of you guys saying he is young and will not succeed.

we just fired a guy whose resume, said he would most likely succeed, and he failed.

if norvell is a relentless worker, can recruit, and bring energy  to the program, I am all for him.
Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 27, 2017, 08:53:25 pm
A-freaking-men!

These are my sentiments as well.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:48:16 pm
lolol

You know you're shady when you're scheming with Guvhog...
you do realise that a FULL MONTH after I told ya'll and tRant about the Leach stuff he opened up as THE BETTING FAVORITE, right? HOW DID I TRICK VEGAS INTO PLAYING ALONG WITH MY RUSE?

You people are freaking ridiculous. Believe whatever the hell you want.

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:55:29 pm
im pretty sure we picked him over Kiffin, and Im positive we picked him over Leach.
We haven't picked anyone yet.

And Leach was never Jeff Long's pick for anything.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 27, 2017, 08:50:23 pm
No kidding, it's freaking Memphis! Not like playing for the AAC is something special or a notch in his belt before jumping to the SEC!
He should definitely coach Memphisis the championship game.  Only fair to the players and him.  They earned that.  the bowl game is another story.  Remember last year PJ Fleck did coach WMU in the Cotton Bowl but that was unusual. 

checkraiser88

(notOM)Rebel123

Hmmm....
http://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?path=football&standings=35
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lumphog

NOW.... go get Butch Davis as AD/DC/AHC/Mentor and WE'RE SET!!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

This is the kind of modulating I can get behind.  Skandars initiatives are paying off.
as long as all the Gus fooools get bant when they are wrong, IM 100% cool with it. BAn Bet?

PharmacistHog

I try to be a moderator for the people. Even though I have the power and authority and I'm better than ya'll doesn't mean I can't look out for you little people. I dont want to see the unimportant people get trolled.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:56:59 pm
you do realise that a FULL MONTH after I told ya'll and tRant about the Leach stuff he opened up as THE BETTING FAVORITE, right? HOW DID I TRICK VEGAS INTO PLAYING ALONG WITH MY RUSE?

We've seen your Schtick before.  You're FoS from waaaaaayyyyyyy back.
All Gas, No Brakes!

murthage

ESPN said today that Brent Venables is in the hunt.  Just Sayn'

jgcat4

Have you stopped to take a look at our program? Jeff and Shrek tan it into the ground. We won 1 conference game this year ONE!!!! We finished 4-8. We had to come from behind to beat Coastal Carolina. Yes we've Fallen that far if you consider it a fall. True, Norvell doesn't have a good defense but he has a crazy good offense. He can hire a good DC. Gus was coming until he got out of the fire by knocking off two #1's almost back to back.

This isn't Frank's UofA. We suck. I'll call it like it is. Between Norvell and Kiffin, Norvell is the safer hire form an off the field perspective. Kiffin has been a flight risk. They want someone with HC experience. That leaves Venables out. I'm sorry you guys didn't get "your guy." If PitP is right, and I believe he is and want him to be, please get behind this team and this hire until you have reason not to. That's all that can be asked.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:58:10 pm
as long as all the Gus fooools get bant when they are wrong, IM 100% cool with it. BAn Bet?

There is huge difference between saying "it's over ya'll" and saying someone is still in the mix.

Hawg Life

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2017, 08:53:38 pm
The reaching out to Norvell by some big money boosters happened during the week after the Hogs close win over Coastal Carolina and Long was highly ticked off about it.

True. Bielema has been done since the S. Carolina game, and Coastal Carolina was when Long was all but done.. 2 🐥 schools ended their time here.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2017, 08:53:38 pm
The reaching out to Norvell by some big money boosters happened during the week after the Hogs close win over Coastal Carolina and Long was highly ticked off about it.

Sure it did.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 27, 2017, 08:54:56 pm
Now I know you're FoS and just looking for confirmation from someone.
DUDE ucf- UNDEFEATED. usf-2 LOSS. mEMPHIS-1 LOSS.

Kevin

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:58:42 pm
We've seen your Schtick before.  You're FoS from waaaaaayyyyyyy back.

his schtick did make the call on long
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

thebignasty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:58:10 pm

Who are you betting?

TebowHater

We are excited about a coach most likely headed to the Liberty Bowl, that has one of the worst defenses in the country, and whose offense got totally shut down (13 points) by the only good defense he played this year?

Welp.

On a side note, I think something will come out soon that will make people question that we had a deal done tonight. Heard it here first

(notOM)Rebel123

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:59:52 pm
Otter made that call.

He makes guesses and hopes they come true.

Right now he's batting well below the Mendoza line.
All Gas, No Brakes!

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:51:45 pm
i BROUGHT it to the rant, baw. Im Slackaveli.

Yeah. Looks like you post on the general sec rant board. Didn't find you on the arkansas page. Where I think your probably read it. Maybe I'm wrong.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 27, 2017, 08:58:33 pm
I try to be a moderator for the people. Even thiugh I have the power and authority and I'm better than ya'll doesn't mean I can't look out for you little people. I dont want to to the unimportant people get trolled.
who gets banned when im right? I nominate Deep-Shoat.

jkstock04

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 27, 2017, 08:40:38 pm
How reliable is pig in the pokey? He seems like a good dude and he's really excited but how come nobody else knows except him?
He is wrong about stuff the majority of the time. Hope he is right this time though.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:59:50 pm
DUDE ucf- UNDEFEATED. usf-2 LOSS. mEMPHIS-1 LOSS.

Looks like a powerhouse to me. Smh.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 09:01:42 pm

Yeah. Looks like you post on the general sec rant board. Didn't find you on the arkansas page. Where I think your probably read it. Maybe I'm wrong.
you are. But you just dont like me, so....

checkraiser88

Quote from: TebowHater on November 27, 2017, 09:01:17 pm
We are excited about a coach most likely headed to the Liberty Bowl, that has one of the worst defenses in the country, and whose offense got totally shut down (13 points) by the only good defense he played this year?

Welp.

We'll go with Skip Holtz then, or Tim Horton, ugh hater

lakecityhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:51:54 pm
Nah.  Pretty sure we can have Venables instead.  Or Kiffin. 

If you're worried that we ain't ate up with big names and SEC experienced HCs, then yeah.

We have fallen that far.

Just who would be a "big" enough name for you or McKinney??? Wait, would his initials be BB???

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 09:01:47 pm
who gets banned when im right? I nominate Deep-Shoat.
I'll let you know when I make a prediction.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Rudy Baylor

Brass Knob

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:56:33 pm
Two years rebuilding a dead program.

Norvell took over for Fuente.  Memphis was already resurrected.

Norvell has built on that and this season is better than either of Fuente's two good seasons. He has also recruited extremely well at Memphis. He would be a very good hire.

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:56:59 pm

For someone who isn't seeking attention you sure are being sensitive to people questioning you.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dropkick

thebignasty

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:59:52 pm

nope.  He didn't see Long getting axed,  said he hired Mike Leach to save his job. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 27, 2017, 09:01:54 pm
He is wrong about stuff the majority of the time. Hope he is right this time though.
no, you people take - "I want Jon Gruden" to mean "i guarantee Jon Gruden". You also take, "Devin told me if he plays running back it'll be for Arkansas and he loves the Hill" to mean "#1 rated LB Devin White will NOT play defense after all and instead go to ARKANSAS to play football". Ya'll can think!

Kevin

I don't know if he is right or not, but he does have the brass ones to come on here and say it. guess what he will still be here, if he is wrong.

better than you guys sitting on the sideline complaining.