Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im hearing it's over ya'll!!

Started by Pig in the Pokey, November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnHog

What offense does Mike Norvell run.  I know it is the Spread.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 27, 2017, 08:40:38 pm
How reliable is pig in the pokey? He seems like a good dude and he's really excited but how come nobody else knows except him?
Some will say im not b/c i chat with devin white and had the nerve to say we were his top school if he plays RB in college. Oh, and I liked Gruden. FOR SHAME.

However, i did call it on Petrino, and my source on Mike Anderson was nolan and rose richardsons themselves, so, i have my moments. This will be one of them.

Oh, and no way im the only one who knows this. Ive got a few PMs that say otherwise. ill leave it to those folks to decide whether to chime in or not. i hope they do!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:38:29 pm

But long wasn't the one who reached out to leach it was done behind his back, remember?

Actually Norvell was the one the boosters reached out to behind Long's back.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2017, 08:42:26 pm

Ohhh ok Guv. If you say it I know it isn't true
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Donny2665

Hmm, let's hire a guy who gets blown out by UCF! I'm not biting on this at all! It better be a cheap deal for an unproven HC! Otherwise it's a wasted 5 years.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:41:13 pm

Naw I'll let you ride this one out

Must be a lonely place to seek attention on hogville
now im seeking attention. LMAO. No, man, I was seeking helping my fellow Hog brothers and sisters be happy tonight. I knew you and a few others would come with your cynical snipes. Enjoy your misery....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawg Life

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 27, 2017, 08:43:16 pm
Hmm, let's hire a guy who gets blown out by UCF! I'm not biting on this at all! It better be a cheap deal for an unproven HC! Otherwise it's a wasted 5 years.

Gus Busser!!

WPS007

Come on in boys the waters fine   WPS

jrulz83

Gus smokescreen?
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mckinneyhog5

We'll teach the SEC a lesson about not hiring experienced coaches. People said BB wouldn't work out and I'm gonna say Norvell won't either. Why are we settling for a guy who's only been HC for 2 years at Memphis? Have we fallen that far?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Matt Burks

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:36:43 pm
Did you miss the part about Long getting fired or are you just that slow?

So, Long looked to lock in Leach or Leach link lost when Long left last week?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rhames

Also it really isn't going out on a limb to say it's Norvell

If you're right you get to gloat, you're wrong no one remembers and i am sure there will be an excuse

Arkansas won't make a decision until Sunday IMO. No need to now.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 27, 2017, 08:40:38 pm
How reliable is pig in the pokey? He seems like a good dude and he's really excited but how come nobody else knows except him?
Not at all reliable.  This is his second guarantee in this coaching search alone.

He's also blood-brothers with Devin White's uncle and had a homosexual relationship with Jay Gruden.

All Gas, No Brakes!

hogcods8

I need a Forest City Joe confirmation. If Joe says it, you can take it to the bank.

Tony Perkis

Who would you rather have? Norvell is on top of the list that we actually can get...

hawgdavis

Not happened yet and that's from a reliable source if someone wants to PM me I can back it up with real info.

I'm a Norvell guy so I would love it to be so but it's not happened as of 5 min ago

ChicoHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 27, 2017, 08:23:14 pm
Great if true but how can we have two head coaches?  You've been telling us for so long that it is Leach that's a done deal.
maybe Pig in a Pokey got some sense and realized Leach was/is not the right guy.  Thank god!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: lumphog on November 27, 2017, 08:42:04 pm
I once saw a Nova rear end a Chevelle

That would make a Norvelle. Case closed!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:43:45 pm
now im seeking attention. LMAO. No, man, I was seeking helping my fellow Hog brothers and sisters be happy tonight. I knew you and a few others would come with your cynical snipes. Enjoy your misery....

I'm quite happy

I just suspect you read the leach stuff over at the rant, which you love to throw around as a place you visit, and then brought it over here.  Maybe not. The timing was rather suspicious though.

If you're right, then cheers but I would bet arkansas hasn't made a hire yet.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on November 27, 2017, 08:42:26 pm
yep. Leach was Long's "save my job" hire. Wasnt impressive enough for the bawz/

Hog Waller

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:44:39 pm

He's also blood-brothers with Devin White's uncle and had a homosexual relationship with Jay Gruden.

That's too funny

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:44:34 pm

If you're right you get to gloat, you're wrong no one remembers and i am sure there will be an excuse

It certainly feels like this is what he's trying to pull to me, too.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hawgon

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 27, 2017, 08:39:23 pm
Connected guy ?  Friend of ours or a friend of mine

A friend of ours from....Delaware.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:44:17 pm
are we getting their ad, as well
there we go!!! somebody tell it like it REALLY is and you'll see why we are gonna wait. We are about to cripple Memphis like Florida did to Miss State.

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:46:35 pm
lolol

You know you're shady when you're scheming with Guvhog...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 27, 2017, 08:44:24 pm
We'll teach the SEC a lesson about not hiring experienced coaches. People said BB wouldn't work out and I'm gonna say Norvell won't either. Why are we settling for a guy who's only been HC for 2 years at Memphis? Have we fallen that far?

this

well...?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 27, 2017, 08:45:14 pm
maybe Pig in a Pokey got some sense and realized Leach was/is not the right guy.  Thank god!
I woulda told you that that ship sailed if it really had but since Leach was still asking for the job after Long got fired I figured I may as well leave him on the list.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 27, 2017, 08:44:58 pm
Who would you rather have? Norvell is on top of the list that we actually can get...
So, we have fallen that far..sad
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:44:34 pm

Arkansas won't make a decision until Sunday IMO. No need to now.

I'll remember. He better hope he's right or I'm
Breaking out the ban hammer.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Donny2665

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 27, 2017, 08:27:39 pm
If it is in fact Norvell, I wonder why it didn't break today?

No kidding, it's freaking Memphis! Not like playing for the AAC is something special or a notch in his belt before jumping to the SEC!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

imtad16

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on November 27, 2017, 08:42:06 pm

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/11/26/16699700/which-coaching-candidates-fit-the-arkansas-job

This is a good overview of the offenses HC's that have been talked about run.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 27, 2017, 08:44:27 pm
So, Long looked to lock in Leach or Leach link lost when Long left last week?
Leach reached out to us (this is what i heard) and Long thought "eureka" apparently. After Long failed to save his ass, Leach made it known he was coming for the school, not the AD so to speak. He just wants an ironclad contract so the texas tech thing can be a distant memory (they robbed him of millions).

Birminghog

Quote from: HogBreath on November 27, 2017, 08:19:10 pm
What about crawdads?

Never could figure out how to get them in those little papers.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 27, 2017, 08:45:14 pm

maybe he smoked a joint laced with angel dust

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:46:21 pm

I'm quite happy

I just suspect you read the leach stuff over at the rant, which you love to throw around as a place you visit, and then brought it over here.  Maybe not. The timing was rather suspicious though.

If you're right, then cheers but I would bet arkansas hasn't made a hire yet.
i BROUGHT it to the rant, baw. Im Slackaveli.

Tony Perkis

Deep Shoat

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 27, 2017, 08:49:57 pm
So, we have fallen that far..sad
Nah.  Pretty sure we can have Venables instead.  Or Kiffin. 

If you're worried that we ain't ate up with big names and SEC experienced HCs, then yeah.

We have fallen that far.
All Gas, No Brakes!

thebignasty

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 27, 2017, 08:50:18 pm
I'll remember. He better hope he's right or I'm
Breaking out the ban hammer.

This is the kind of modulating I can get behind.  Skandars initiatives are paying off.

Matt Burks

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on November 27, 2017, 08:42:06 pm
it's very similar to Petrino's offense

Kevin

if it is norvell, great.

some of you guys saying he is young and will not succeed.

we just fired a guy whose resume, said he would most likely succeed, and he failed.

if norvell is a relentless worker, can recruit, and bring energy  to the program, I am all for him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoghearted

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 27, 2017, 08:50:23 pm
No kidding, it’s freaking Memphis! Not like playing for the AAC is something special or a notch in his belt before jumping to the SEC!
So leading his team, the guys he has recruited and worked with, would not be a good enough reason to coach in the bowl game?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: rhames on November 27, 2017, 08:46:21 pm

LOL

of course he did  :D

jgphillips3

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 08:52:40 pm
if it is norvell, great.

some of you guys saying he is young and will not succeed.

we just fired a guy whose resume, said he would most likely succeed, and he failed.

if norvell is a relentless worker, can recruit, and bring energy  to the program, I am all for him.

A-freaking-men!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 27, 2017, 08:44:39 pm

Boy I tell ya, these Coaching Search threads sure have ratcheted up a few notches this time around. Little bit of something for everyone in here....just like a Supercenter. Get some popcorn chicken to keep the kids busy, pick up a couple doilies for grandma, and then fulfill those homoerotic needs back in sporting goods with Jay Gruden.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:46:35 pm

The reaching out to Norvell by some big money boosters happened during the week after the Hogs close win over Coastal Carolina and Long was highly ticked off about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 27, 2017, 08:50:23 pm
No kidding, it's freaking Memphis! Not like playing for the AAC is something special or a notch in his belt before jumping to the SEC!
YES IT IS!! C'mon, mane! That is one of the most competitive conferences, if not THE most competitive conference in the country!