Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to move on from Bret Bielema

Started by PorkRinds, November 24, 2017, 11:00:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 10, 2017, 01:58:28 pm
If they love him so much why did they get him fired?

A football coach isn't your friend. He's your coach. Most of the best coaches I've been around weren't generally liked by their players until a few years after they left the team. You start to grow up and you start realizing, That guy may not have been a nice person to be around but he damn sure know how to get the best out of me.
He got himself fired, Mike.  You certainly didn't say this type of thing when he was still the coach. Brave of you now. My entire point was for people to refrain from bashing the guy on his way out the door. It's over. Now we have a new coach and people are still in this thread two weeks later bashing him. It's time to move on. 

devildoghawg

Yeah and Tyler Wilson went to Jeff Longs office to try and get John L Smith the head hog job after the season. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 02:03:15 pm
He got himself fired, Mike.  You certainly didn't say this type of thing when he was still the coach. Brave of you now. My entire point was for people to refrain from bashing the guy on his way out the door. It's over. Now we have a new coach and people are still in this thread two weeks later bashing him. It's time to move on.
No, THEY got him fired. They went out these last two seasons and played about half the time. If you love the guy then play for 60 minutes. And yes I did say it before he was fired. From the South Carolina game on it was pretty clear that this team needed a coaching change and that's when I started talking about it.

wachhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 11:00:39 pm
Look at the reactions from his current and former players on twitter. They believe he deserved better. They don't seem to agree with the multitudes of you that were convinced he played favorites and had off the field issues. They believe he's a man of great character that cared about them and did what was best for them. It provides some good perspective. I believe he should have been fired, no doubt. But he left this program and these kids better off than when he got here, whether the record this year shows it or not. He made an impact on these players not only as athletes but as people. That's not a guess, that's straight from their own statements. They're not happy with the way it was handled and they love their coaches. So I believe it's inportant to remember that over the next few weeks.
I haven't moved on from Bobby, thanks to Jeffy and Bret.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 01:54:33 pm
Go make some more wrong predictions and pretend to be important, imposter.

You are a fraud...plain and simple. And a window licker to boot.

You ain't got sense, much less good sense.

And I brought info, not predictions.....and I batted about .950.

I know you got your braces off Thursday...did you and HIM have a good weekend?

And keep Mike Irwin's name out your mouth ya hear?

PRJ

Beached

Beached

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 02:03:15 pm

This is pathetic.

The guy was (and is) deserving of bashing.

You're the epitome of what's been wrong with this place. 

snoblind

LOL.  PR can't let anyone have the last word.  Y'all just added another page to the thread.

GoldCoastHog

Look at the reactions from his current and former players on twitter. They believe he deserved better. They don't seem to agree with the multitudes of you that were convinced he played favorites and had off the field issues. They believe he's a man of great character that cared about them and did what was best for them. It provides some good perspective. I believe he should have been fired, no doubt. But he left this program and these kids better off than when he got here, whether the record this year shows it or not. He made an impact on these players not only as athletes but as people. That's not a guess, that's straight from their own statements. They're not happy with the way it was handled and they love their coaches. So I believe it's inportant to remember that over the next few weeks.
I believe every word of this. I also believe that if I ever had the opportunity to meet and spend time with Bret , I would like him a lot. I bet he's a guy I could go have a beer with and have a great time.
I also believe that teams become a product of , and assimilate to their leadership. And in this case, when it goes to the top, our leadership felt it was acceptable to wear flip flops and play reggae, and not necessarily around just the house, if the rumors are true.
This is just one example of, I'm sure, other ways the environment, message and tone was set day to day the past five years.
I do believe that he was very close with his players; but could he have been too close? I won't pretend that I was there or that I know anything. I just have some thoughts , observations and questions that may or not be answered , so I, as a casual fan, can have closure and reconcile what was the worst five seasons in SEC history for the program, and probably one of the worst stretches throughout.

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 01:55:22 pm
My thread from two weeks ago right when he was fired. It isn't me that keeps bringing it back.
Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 01:55:22 pm
My thread from two weeks ago right when he was fired. It isn't me that keeps bringing it back.
We should keep bringing it up as a reminder how awful everything was...and how thankful we should be for a different direction, whatever direction that's going to be. Only way to go is up. Starting with your OP, the idea that this program is in any type of better shape is mind boggling. Do the players really think that? If so that's sad...just goes to show you what the team mentality was.

In all likelihood Chad Morris is going to be a better coach if not a much better coach than Bret Bielema. But unfortunately for him he won't have near the leeway Bielema did. From the fans or administration.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgon

Things were tougher than he thought they would be.  He thought his boss had his back.  Once he got the extension and the big buyout, Bert got a bad case of the lazy and the DGAFs.  It is human nature.  He is rich for the rest of his life and his kid for the rest of hers too based on the money he made here and will likely make collecting his buyout.

Long, on the other hand was a straight up conman.  His contract was unconscionable and unprecedented for an athletic director. 

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 10, 2017, 01:32:58 pm
You going to beat us up at the Sonic?

He ain't gonna do no such thing.

He will just run his mouth and hide behind whomever he can...like the kibble and bits hound.

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Beached on December 10, 2017, 03:14:34 pm
This is pathetic.

The guy was (and is) deserving of bashing.

You're the epitome of what's been wrong with this place.

Thanks, noob.

PorkRinds

Quote from: snoblind on December 10, 2017, 03:18:45 pm
LOL.  PR can't let anyone have the last word.  Y'all just added another page to the thread.

You want the last word?  I'll give it to you.

PorkRinds

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 10, 2017, 03:46:42 pm
He ain't gonna do no such thing.

He will just run his mouth and hide behind whomever he can...like the kibble and bits hound.

PRJ

You're a nobody.  Legend in your own mind. People laugh at you, constantly. 

Beached

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 03:55:42 pm

No....I ain't the one they are giggling at you fraud....

And you are correct, I am a legend...in many people's minds.

You are in over your head here PorkRon.....

Fake.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Beached on December 10, 2017, 04:03:42 pm
You're welcome, loser.

Pay no attention to this quack. He has drank too many coolers and will soon be puking in the bushes outside a HoJo parking lot.

PRJ

dfwalumdad

Quote from: hawgon on December 10, 2017, 03:34:16 pm
Things were tougher than he thought they would be.  He thought his boss had his back.  Once he got the extension and the big buyout, Bert got a bad case of the lazy and the DGAFs.  It is human nature.  He is rich for the rest of his life and his kid for the rest of hers too based on the money he made here and will likely make collecting his buyout.

Long, on the other hand was a straight up conman.  His contract was unconscionable and unprecedented for an athletic director.

i posted that exact same thing about a month.

that long term extension was the worst thing that happened to both. they thought they had at least 6 years probably seven and they thought things would magically fix themselves given that amount of time.

the real person to blame was gearhart who ok'd those extensions. long just straight played us after his mr. integrity show shopping his name all over town.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Birminghog

I'm pleased that the name of this thread has been changed. Some of us moved on as soon as the decision was made by the PTB. That doesn't keep me from hoping the former staff land on their feet. How does it serve me to wish them ill?

As for the money, IMHO, all P5 football coaches are overpaid. In the grand scheme of things, no matter how good Saban is, he's not worth 11+ mil. Regardless, that's not mine to decide, and those who are paying the freight have determined they want to pay it. I don't begrudge them for making it if they can. What I do for a living is not worth that kind of $$, but I won't turn it down if it's offered.

I encourage using our energy toward the better purpose of rooting for the incoming staff and the present and future students.

Melancholy_Pigg

They believe he's a man of great character that cared about them and did what was best for them. It provides some good perspective.

I have issues with the man of great character bit.  I don't think that.  I don't think that at all. 

Men of great character display that great character by going to great lengths to uphold their obligations.  Men of great character do not run out on their mentors the night before the bowl game.  Men of great character typically do not appear disheveled, unprepared, or lost when they are doing their job.  Men of character do not manipulate and mislead people for their financial gain.

Yes - Bielema had the kiddos snowed over. 

Not sure why that is so impressive considering everything else.

Beached

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on December 10, 2017, 04:23:57 pm
I have issues with the man of great character bit.  I don't think that.  I don't think that at all. 

Men of great character display that great character by going to great lengths to uphold their obligations.  Men of great character do not run out on their mentors the night before the bowl game.  Men of great character typically do not appear disheveled, unprepared, or lost when they are doing their job.  Men of character do not manipulate and mislead people for their financial gain.

Yes - Bielema had the kiddos snowed over. 

Not sure why that is so impressive considering everything else.

That. 

Bert is a fat fraud, and unlike his previous departure he's being nice this time around because his record mirrors his true value and 'nice' is all he can market.

JOKERHOG

I moved on from him a long time ago and don't agree with anything you said other than he should have been fired...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhames on December 10, 2017, 04:48:40 pm
This is weird.

Evidently folks are incapable of looking at the date on a thread before responding. Others are incapable of actually moving on.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 05:04:17 pm
Evidently folks are incapable of looking at the date on a thread before responding. Others are incapable of actually moving on.

Yeah.  Agreed.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Beached

Ironical.  Again.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Beached on December 10, 2017, 05:08:06 pm
Ironical.  Again.

5 posts and at least three about me. That's a little bit awkward. Who were you before?

jkstock04

You started this thread to stir up some dissension...revel in it. I think it's important because it shows the epitome of the Bret Bielema era. Just bleeding hearts for years at the expense of a competitive football program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 10, 2017, 05:37:49 pm
You started this thread to stir up some dissension...revel in it. I think it's important because it shows the epitome of the Bret Bielema era. Just bleeding hearts for years at the expense of a competitive football program.

I started it to remind people to have some class as he was headed out the door.  It didn't work, and two weeks later with a new coach hired you're still here rolling in the garbage. Typical, really. You'll all turn on the new guy soon enough. You revel in it.

JOKERHOG

BB stole over 30 mill dollars from our program and left with a worse SEC record his 5th year than JLS.  Think about that, really.  We should sue him for insubordination and not pay the buyout.  He was pathetic to the point of getting himself and his boss fired.  Stop whining and wake up PRs.  Open your eyes, you defended him as much as anyone on HV over the years.  I was right (along with many others) and you were wrong.  Didn't enjoy your suicide jokes much either.  Grow up...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

code red

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 24, 2017, 11:21:26 pm
how did he leave the program in a better place, john l at least won two conference games. i'm glad the kids liked him. i'm hoping they'll like the new coach less and win more.
Agreed.  Program is in no way better.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 05:55:25 pm
I started it to remind people to have some class as he was headed out the door.  It didn't work, and two weeks later with a new coach hired you're still here rolling in the garbage. Typical, really. You'll all turn on the new guy soon enough. You revel in it.
I'll only turn on him if he ends up sucking. I have zero allegiance to him other than the main tool to run our football program. The only allegiance I have in this matter is to the university and the football program as a whole...I don't coach worship like y'all do.

Like I said, this thread is the epitome of the football program under Bret Bielema. Really nice guy so it's cool he took us to the dumps with Vanderbilt in football. Jeff Long an excellent AD because he taught us winning is secondary.

So glad a new chapter is starting...I'm sure you will have longing sweet dreams for years of the 2016 & 2017 seasons....what was and could've been.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 10, 2017, 06:14:19 pm
I'll only turn on him if he ends up sucking. I have zero allegiance to him other than the main tool to run our football program. The only allegiance I have in this matter is to the university and the football program as a whole...I don't coach worship like y'all do.

Like I said, this thread is the epitome of the football program under Bret Bielema. Really nice guy so it's cool he took us to the dumps with Vanderbilt in football. Jeff Long an excellent AD because he taught us winning is secondary.

So glad a new chapter is starting...I'm sure you will have longing sweet dreams for years of the 2016 & 2017 seasons....what was and could've been.

You missed the part about he should have been fired. I don't coach worship, I'm just not a dumbass like some of you. Feel free to include yourself among them.

AlmaHog2011

Umm I think it's you that is laughed at. You are a tool for sure.

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 06:25:20 pm
You missed the part about he should have been fired. I don't coach worship, I'm just not a dumbass like some of you. Feel free to include yourself among them.
Oh I didn't miss it...but at the same time I see you crying about the manner in which he was fired (as if there was a better way) and the team is really upset over it all because they liked him so much, and everyone needs to be quiet and respect that lol.

I've gotta tell you, it REALLY upsets me that you see me as a dumbass. I just don't know how I'll sleep tonight! Awesome thread btw dude! I think we should bring this back up in a years time as a fond reminder of the way things used to be during the uncommon days.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 10, 2017, 06:40:00 pm
Oh I didn't miss it...but at the same time I see you crying about the manner in which he was fired (as if there was a better way) and the team is really upset over it all because they liked him so much, and everyone needs to be quiet and respect that lol.

I've gotta tell you, it REALLY upsets me that you see me as a dumbass. I just don't know how I'll sleep tonight! Awesome thread btw dude! I think we should bring this back up in a years time as a fond reminder of the way things used to be during the uncommon days.
My thread got more hits than anything you've ever posted. It's becoming clearer what your problem is. You are upset that you're not to thbe PRJ level where you can make up darn and have people eating out of your hand. No one cares about what you post. Evidently that's tough for you. You'll get over it some day, sunshine.

GrouchyOldGuy

We didn't hire a counselor, we needed a coach who can win!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 10, 2017, 02:36:52 pm
No, THEY got him fired. They went out these last two seasons and played about half the time. If you love the guy then play for 60 minutes. And yes I did say it before he was fired. From the South Carolina game on it was pretty clear that this team needed a coaching change and that's when I started talking about it.

This is correct. Successful coaches demand that their players respect what it takes to be successful, and friendship between a player and coach is not necessarily a recipe for on the field success.

" GO HOGS "

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 07:07:47 pm
My thread got more hits than anything you've ever posted. It's becoming clearer what your problem is. You are upset that you're not to thbe PRJ level where you can make up darn and have people eating out of your hand. No one cares about what you post. Evidently that's tough for you. You'll get over it some day, sunshine.
Poor snowflake seems upset! Obviously you care because you keep responding to me. But don't worry PR, you will get over your Jeff Long and Bielema man crush one day. It'll be tough, there will be some pain and withdrawals along the way...but I think you are gonna be alright. Keep that chin up!

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 10, 2017, 08:16:59 pm
Poor snowflake seems upset! Obviously you care because you keep responding to me. But don't worry PR, you will get over your Jeff Long and Bielema man crush one day. It'll be tough, there will be some pain and withdrawals along the way...but I think you are gonna be alright. Keep that chin up!

I'm already over it. It's you that seems butt hurt by bielema and long. Months/weeks later and you're still crying like a little girl.

Beached

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 10, 2017, 08:28:50 pm
I'm already over it. It's you that seems butt hurt by bielema and long. Months/weeks later and you're still crying like a little girl.

Aww.  Now your thread is in the trash.

Poor FatBert and FatRinds.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Beached on December 10, 2017, 08:45:02 pm
Aww.  Now your thread is in the trash.

Poor FatBert and FatRinds.

Poor noob that no one knows or cares anything about.

Beached