Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Samford (0-0, 0-0 SC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 10, 2017, 06:15:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

daprospecta

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hogs49ers

I am so glad Macon and Barford came back!  They are both going to have monstrous years!
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hawgphish

Hogs49ers

I know it is only Samford, but I cannot think of single time we have looked this good in our first game anytime in the last 20 years!
SCREW Vandy!

hoglady

For all the new pieces on this team - they are playing pretty well together.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

factchecker

Bucknell (our next opponent) has tipped off their game vs. Monmouth.

Here is the stat feed for that game -

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=197386
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 10, 2017, 07:39:09 pm
Beard missed an opportunity for an assist. Thompson was right behind him on the breakaway and Beard took the layup. Gotta reward the big fella when he runs like that.
I was thinking the same thing.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Lady Razorback

98hogs

Bigmac2

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:45:23 pm
I know it is only Samford, but I cannot think of single time we have looked this good in our first game anytime in the last 20 years!

This ^^^^^

rzrbackramsfan

I tried to to tell y'all we be freakin awesome from day 1 this year.

Superham

Great first half, it's really nice to be excited about basketball again

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 10, 2017, 07:32:56 pm
I am totally opposite, I guess. I live and breath everything RAZORBACKS! Surprised that I am still married after 27 years of marriage to the wife.

I've been looking forward to the game; I think we have a chance to be pretty good. Maybe I just need to get football out of the way first.

hoglady

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 10, 2017, 07:46:57 pm
I tried to to tell y'all we be freakin awesome from day 1 this year.

We lost a lot of minutes off last year's team - thought it would take a little while for these guys to jell. But they look great so far tonight.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 10, 2017, 07:39:09 pm
Beard missed an opportunity for an assist. Thompson was right behind him on the breakaway and Beard took the layup. Gotta reward the big fella when he runs like that.
Pretty sure TT ain't gonna get many of those opportunities. Gotta give it up to him.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:45:23 pm

Alot of basketball experts were predicting Samford to win tonight.

Bigmac2

Is Osabohiem the transfer? Thought he would have to sit out till January. Looks like a secret weapon. Is Thomas still in the doghouse? When will he be cleared.?

PonderinHog

Lady Razorback

Quote from: hoglady on November 10, 2017, 07:49:08 pm
We lost a lot of minutes off last year's team - thought it would take a little while for these guys to jell. But they look great so far tonight.

You mean a team that practiced together all off season and actually looks like that in first game?  How unusual!

BDSCT51

I sure like what I see! These guys came to play, no muss, no fuss, just beat the other team!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hogs49ers

I am officially done with our dumpster fire of a football season, and it feels really freaking good!  Like a big weight has been lifted off of me...
SCREW Vandy!

elksnort

The guys look sharp. I think many of us have to realize that there are going to be some lulls also.

They look long and quick though.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:51:41 pm
I am officially done with our dumpster fire of a football season, and it feels really freaking good!  Like a big weight has been lifted off of me...

This^^^^^

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

hoglady

Quote from: Lady Razorback on November 10, 2017, 07:50:59 pm
You mean a team that practiced together all off season and actually looks like that in first game?  How unusual!

Well - after watching our football team yes it is.

Hogs49ers

I also cannot think of the last time there are basically ZERO negative comments in a jump ball basketball game thread...feels good.
SCREW Vandy!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Bigmac2 on November 10, 2017, 07:50:33 pm
Is Osabohiem the transfer? Thought he would have to sit out till January. Looks like a secret weapon. Is Thomas still in the doghouse? When will he be cleared.?
No. Think he is from SW Baptist in LR. Jalen Harris is the transfer.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hawg4life2202

Defensive fire and energy from the UNC game has carried over to this year. Pretty impressive first half.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Bacon_Bitz

daprospecta

FineAsSwine

Quote from: elksnort on November 10, 2017, 07:52:03 pm
The guys look sharp. I think many of us have to realize that there are going to be some lulls also.

True. That's when you have to be good enough to win ugly.
Hogs up! Covid down!

greenEGnHAWGS

Very impressed with this team! I'm really liking the combo of the veterans with these young guys. Nice having something Hog related to be excited about!

Wooooooo Pig!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

phadedhawg

kids look like they got good length, move the basketball well...good floor vision a little bit of flash...

Looks good for first game

alohawg

I only caught a couple minutes mid and end 1st half. It seems clear this team is going to play faster and better than any in recent years. They look like sweet sixteen potential already to me. I like it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Superham

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:51:41 pm
Agreed

Wisco Pig

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 10, 2017, 07:52:24 pm
Anybody know Hall's stat line and how many fouls he has?

Two fouls in three minutes of play.
Missed his only FG attempt, got a rebound, committed a turnover.

Hawgphish

has thompson and gafford been on the floor at the same time? 

Bigmac2

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:52:56 pm
I also cannot think of the last time there are basically ZERO negative comments in a jump ball basketball game thread...feels good.

I thought about being a smarta$$ but this team is playing with a lot of pride. Can't bring myself to be one.

elksnort

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 10, 2017, 07:52:56 pm
oh don't worry give it some time. And inexplicable loss to Auburn or somebody on a Tuesday night will have a lot of ass pissed

Hogs49ers

I am super excited to watch this 2nd half too, going to see the young guys get a ton of playing time and will get a nice view of what our future looks like!
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: elksnort on November 10, 2017, 07:57:24 pm
oh don't worry give it some time. And inexplicable loss to Auburn or somebody on a Tuesday night will have a lot of ass pissed

Haha no doubt!
SCREW Vandy!