Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After tonight’s loss do the Hogs make the tourney?

Started by HeyHogs, February 20, 2018, 09:41:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Tonight Kentucky decided it wanted to win and the Hogs took a step back on defense.  I think they have to win two more and an SEC tourney win to get into the NCAA?

Sho Nuff

I am soooooo sick of losing to Kentucky.  Even in their down years they come in and whip our seniors with all freshman.  This darn is getting old...

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...down by 7 with 9 minutes left. Yeah...game over. Will we lose? Maybe. But I'll wait til the end of the game before I make a thread.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

BannerMountainMan

This is the stuff people should get banned for 😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HeyHogs

No movement on offense and no defense.  The fans are out of it.  The game is over.  Macon cannot will this team to win.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 20, 2018, 09:49:05 pm
No movement on offense and no defense.  The fans are out of it.  The game is over.  Macon cannot will this team to win.

We've come back from much larger deficits. Again, will we win? Don't know. It'll be tough but really? Can't seriously wait til it's over?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The_Bionic_Pig

Why don't you predict the outcome... you've been on a roll

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 07, 2018, 06:30:34 pm
No he did not.  This team will struggle to win 4 more games.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HeyHogs

Why wait?  I have watched every game this team has played this year.  I know when they're done.

Breems

Probably have to beat AU and @MO now to have a chance. Blown opportunity tonight.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HoggyCat

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 20, 2018, 09:45:37 pm
I am soooooo sick of losing to Kentucky.  Even in their down years they come in and whip our seniors with all freshman.  because of poor coaching. This darn is getting old...

FIFY
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

old_school_hawg

Out coached again, ladies and gentlemen. Our 7th grade squad is showed up in crunch time... Again
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

MAGA45

No because Minnesota and OU have lost a combined 20 games in the last 2 months. Those will bite us. But I have 3 parking passes for NIT games the u of a included in season tickets. Yesssss
Fake News

LRSmitty79

It's not just that Anderson can't coach at all; he can't recruit, evaluate talent or grow it.  Outside of the big 3; the rest of the team isn't even close to Power Conference talent.  Our "shooter" off the bench couldn't hit the broad side of the Bud from 5 ft away.  It's pathetic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: old_school_hawg on February 20, 2018, 09:53:29 pm
Out coached again, ladies and gentlemen. Our 7th grade squad is showed up in crunch time... Again

That's not our 7th grade squad....those are my Razorback's win or lose. If you choose to insult them to that degree why not just cheer for another team.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: LRSmitty79 on February 20, 2018, 09:56:04 pm
It's not just that Anderson can't coach at all; he can't recruit, evaluate talent or grow it.  Outside of the big 3; the rest of the team isn't even close to Power Conference talent.  Our "shooter" off the bench couldn't hit the broad side of the Bud from 5 ft away.  It's pathetic

But that wasn't a problem when they beat a previously ranked team 72hrs ago. #21
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HeyHogs

rljjr

Kentucky is the worst team left on our schedule. Gonna be hard.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

revolution

I think Hogs beat Auburn. Beating either Alabama or Mizzou on the road would be huge.

jst01

Na. Think they had to win tonight for some confidence and to get to at least 9-9 at worst. I'm afraid they lose out to go 8-10. Big turning point tonight.

GA reddiehog

Hogs are done.  They lose out.  They don't have a coach to lead them and he insists on playing a pressing D when they need to be using that energy on a good half court D.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: old_school_hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:05:06 pm
You go eff yourself... And report me to whoever, son..... Those are my hogs, too and I'm sick of them looking like they are playing at the damn rec center during crunch time. I was probably calling the hogs before you were even an itch in your Daddy's pants so you don't reprimand me, boy. Ever.

Quote from: old_school_hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:05:06 pm
You go eff yourself... And report me to whoever, son..... Those are my hogs, too and I'm sick of them looking like they are playing at the damn rec center during crunch time. I was probably calling the hogs before you were even an itch in your Daddy's pants so you don't reprimand me, boy. Ever.

I'm 2 yrs older than you...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

alohawg

That 2nd half was a colossal eff up at the worst time.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

billmontgomery10

A&M got killed at home tonight. The Hogs are fool's gold. Beat the 4 worst teams in the sec last 4 games. Anybody could see this coming. Lose to Bama and Mizzou at their place and Auburn and the Hogs aren't even in the bubble. 8-10 and the best win is Tennessee. Mediocre Mike won't win the sec tourney. Looks like we play Iowa State 1st round NIT at the Bud.
Love the Hogs but Mike's got  to go.

W_KY_Hog

living in KY I wanted an AR win badly. Hogs have to win another game and I'm not sure they'll do it. Hope so.

LRSmitty79

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 20, 2018, 10:00:16 pm
But that wasn't a problem when they beat a previously ranked team 72hrs ago. #21

The Aggies have no business in the top 25; they are way overrated.  Mike's teams constantly get destroyed by the true Elite b/c we can't even come close to having the same caliber talent under that bum.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 20, 2018, 09:45:37 pm
I am soooooo sick of losing to Kentucky.  Even in their down years they come in and whip our seniors with all freshman.  This darn is getting old...

Yea, but every one of those freshmen were five stars with the exception of one who was a four star. All rated in the top twenty five in the nation. Tough hill to climb.

Porknoxville

upperdeck_hawg

We need the Aub game and one SECT game. I dont see us winning on the road.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

BassinHawg

IF SO, they will be last 4 in. I only see one more win possible this season unless they win one SEC Tourney game and then it will be two.

If they go to the NCAA I could see them losing in the first round easily.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

jfred59

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 20, 2018, 10:21:12 pm

Yea, but every one of those freshmen were five stars with the exception of one who was a four star. All rated in the top twenty five in the nation. Tough hill to climb.

And not a one of them will do what a college athlete is supposed to do and thats graduate.  They wont be in school they day after they get eliminated from post season play.  They will go down the hall from Cals office and get their last paycheck and leave

old_school_hawg

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

TheEnemy

Quote from: jfred59 on February 20, 2018, 10:26:09 pm
And not a one of them will do what a college athlete is supposed to do and thats graduate.  They wont be in school they day after they get eliminated from post season play.  They will go down the hall from Cals office and get their last paycheck and leave

And then become millionaires....what failures...wait......what?  ;)

RacinRazorback

Maybe and I say MAYBE 1 more win for the year. It won't be at Bama for sure and I doubt mizzoury, so that leaves awburn as our win!

razorpimp

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 20, 2018, 10:21:12 pm

Yea and those 5 stars lost to Vandy and SC...again a good team beats that team at home

The_Iceman

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 20, 2018, 09:41:23 pm
Tonight Kentucky decided it wanted to win and the Hogs took a step back on defense.  I think they have to win two more and an SEC tourney win to get into the NCAA?

Exactly right about the defense.  I was at the game and got a great view of how John Calipari was picking apart Mediocre Mike's stupid defense. He knew our guards would guard tight all the way to half court, and that our big men will follow the screener all the way out there. So he would set that real high pick and roll, and our defense would be in shambles the rest of the play...usually resulting in a dunk, tip in, or open shot.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: jfred59 on February 20, 2018, 10:26:09 pm

Jeff, is that you?

farfromgroovins

farfromgroovins

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on February 20, 2018, 10:12:28 pm
A&M got killed at home tonight. The Hogs are fool's gold. Beat the 4 worst teams in the sec last 4 games. Anybody could see this coming. Lose to Bama and Mizzou at their place and Auburn and the Hogs aren't even in the bubble. 8-10 and the best win is Tennessee. Mediocre Mike won't win the sec tourney. Looks like we play Iowa State 1st round NIT at the Bud.
Love the Hogs but Mike's got  to go.

I was going to say something similar about our only good win so far. Oklahoma win is even looking blah.
There is this huge blob of 8-12 loss teams in bball and we are smack dab in the middle of it. Not bad, but nothing special.

popcornhog

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 20, 2018, 09:41:23 pm

Took a nap on defense? By and large I thought it was a great defensive effort.

We lost last night in three areas that cost us the game:

Rebounding (expected)
Free throws
Overall shooting (not expected)

UK was hitting everything, especially after the opening 10-15 minutes. Including contested shots.
WPS

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 20, 2018, 10:00:16 pm

A&M got ranked when they finally had all their players. After that they lost a couple starters and they have been bad ever since.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcards

Interesting new take after last night.

WarrenNolan Predicted SEC Records & RPIPostedonline on 2/21/18 at 8:26 am

1. Auburn (25-6, 13-5) (RPI 8)
2. Tennessee (22-8, 12-6) (RPI 14)
3. Missouri (19-11, 10-8) (RPI 26)
4. Alabama (19-12, 10-8) (RPI 32)
4. Florida (19-12, 10-8) (RPI 57)
4. Kentucky (21-10, 10-8) (RPI 18)
4. Mississippi State (21-9, 10-8) (RPI 60)
8. Arkansas (20-11, 9-9) (RPI 40)
8. Texas A&M (20-11, 9-9) (RPI 24)
10. LSU (17-13, 8-10) (RPI 91)
11. Georgia (16-14, 7-11) (RPI 79)
11. South Carolina (15-15, 7-11) (RPI 77)
13. Ole Miss (13-18, 6-12) (RPI 136)
14. Vanderbilt (11-20, 5-13) (RPI 142)

If this plays out, going into the SECT you would have to think

NCAAT   
Auburn
Tennessee
Kentucky
Texas A&M
Missouri
Alabama

Bubble
Florida
Arkansas

Longshot Bubble
Mississippi State

Out
South Carolina
Georgia
LSU
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogsanity

Quote from: popcornhog on February 21, 2018, 08:38:42 am

UK was hitting everything, especially after the opening 10-15 minutes. Including contested shots.

Ever notice how often we are on here saying that about whoever the Hogs just played?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cram224

I thought the second half we just got gassed. Macon was asking to come out, which I had never seen before. Ky really put a whipping on us and made us like it. Maybe the players build the games with Ky to much. The last two games with them have finished worse than any other games we have played.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 21, 2018, 08:27:19 am
Exactly right about the defense.  I was at the game and got a great view of how John Calipari was picking apart Mediocre Mike's stupid defense. He knew our guards would guard tight all the way to half court, and that our big men will follow the screener all the way out there. So he would set that real high pick and roll, and our defense would be in shambles the rest of the play...usually resulting in a dunk, tip in, or open shot.
Yeah it blows my mind that people say Cal can't coach. We would have completely buried that team in the first half had Cal not made some smart adjustments.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

riccoar

Quote from: Breems on February 20, 2018, 09:52:36 pm
Probably have to beat AU and @MO now to have a chance. Blown opportunity tonight.
I'm kinda of in this same mindset.  Auburn is a MUST win and need one of the road games to push us into the group getting NCAAT bids.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

I think we need to worry if:

we don't win one of the last three

or

1-2 finish and lose first SECT game

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.