Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the WC match up in the AL?

NYY
3 (15%)
Astros
17 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 20

popcornhog

Much like Arrieta on the NL side, the former hog leading the 'stros against the Yankees looks pretty unbeatable.

WPS go Astros!
WPS

WMHawgfan

Certainly pulling for Dallas K. and the Astros. Wish the stros were at home, he has been unbeatable in that park.

Hawgzilla

Been a Stros Fan all my Life...Fear the Beard.

hoglady

Yankee hater here!!!
Looking forward to the Astros knocking out the Yankee's.
Used to go see the Astros when growing up in Louisiana - always been a fan.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

EastexHawg

The Astros because of the pitching matchup. 

I have been an Astros fan since the days of Jim Wynn, Bob Watson, Cesar Cedeno, Don Wilson, and Larry Dierker.  Doug "The Red Rooster" Rader was one of my boyhood favorites.  I used to listen to almost every game on KWKH radio.

Oddly enough, I'm also a Yankees fan.  Have been since Reggie Jackson was the straw that stirred the drink.

hoglady

Listening to pre game stuff on Sportscenter.
Said Yankees are hanging their hat on Keuchel pitching on 3 days rest for the first time in his career.
That is an unknown, but hopefully he's one those pitchers that can handle it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

pigture perfect

Yankee hater as well. DK is so much better at home than away so that scares me a bit. I remember him pitching in the CWS on 3 days as well IIRC. I'm still thinking Altuve will be key somehow.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 06, 2015, 06:11:12 pm
Yankee hater as well. DK is so much better at home than away so that scares me a bit. I remember him pitching in the CWS on 3 days as well IIRC. I'm still thinking Altuve will be key somehow.

DK had a great outing. Put the Houston Razorbacks in a great position to win.
WPS

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

That performance last night by DK was a thing of beauty. Love that Astros team - so young and full of energy for the game. My favorite moment was when Arod hit the fly ball to center to end the 6th inning.

DK and Astros won / and Arod now has the worst postseason BA with RISP of any baseball player in history.
Can't get any better than that for me

EastexHawg

He was tremendous, but I will be glad when the stupid looking beard phase is over. 

popcornhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 07, 2015, 09:31:08 am
He was tremendous, but I will be glad when the stupid looking beard phase is over.

Really? I don't get the fascination with players' facial hair. If he wants to grow it out, cool. If he wants to shave it off, cool.
WPS

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 07, 2015, 09:31:08 am

If he's like most baseball players - that beard won't be coming off anytime in the near future.
My guess is, as long as he's pitching well the beard will stay.
They are a superstitious bunch for the most part.

EastexHawg

Quote from: popcornhog on October 07, 2015, 10:23:28 am
Really? I don't get the fascination with players' facial hair. If he wants to grow it out, cool. If he wants to shave it off, cool.

I'm not talking about just athletes, I'm talking about men in general.  We saw one of our cousins the other day.  He now has a ridiculous, nasty looking Duck Dynasty beard along with long hair pulled back into a man bun.  Aside from the bun, which would have been reserved for women at the time, he looks like he is a year away from civilization on Lewis and Clark's Expedition.

Can men grow whatever they want?  Of course they can?  Can the rest of us look at it and ask ourselves, "Who told you that looks good, or anything other than idiotic?"  Of course we can.  If men want to start growing their fingernails and toenails several inches long there's no stopping them from that, either...no matter how retarded and nasty it looks.

popcornhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 07, 2015, 01:10:13 pm
I'm not talking about just athletes, I'm talking about men in general.  We saw one of our cousins the other day.  He now has a ridiculous, nasty looking Duck Dynasty beard along with long hair pulled back into a man bun.  Aside from the bun, which would have been reserved for women at the time, he looks like he is a year away from civilization on Lewis and Clark's Expedition.

Can men grow whatever they want?  Of course they can?  Can the rest of us look at it and ask ourselves, "Who told you that looks good, or anything other than idiotic?"  Of course we can.  If men want to start growing their fingernails and toenails several inches long there's no stopping them from that, either...no matter how retarded and nasty it looks.

Yeah, sure. I just don't get why folks care. I'm not trying to argue with it, I'm simply saying I don't see why we should care.

Whatevz.

Who you got tonight?
WPS