Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Frazier just committed to Bama

Started by JBoroHog, November 23, 2013, 07:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

No support for those who got out of state to play against us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsmo Kramer

Got nothing against the kid for picking bama but if he thinks he can have his cake and eat it too in this situation he's delusional.

Not gonna get any support from Arkansas fans in a bama jersey sorry man.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 23, 2013, 10:17:03 pm
No support for those who got out of state to play against us.

Less than NONE
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2013, 08:05:43 pm
This kid has NFL potential.
The Arkansas program is just a complete dumpster fire - it really is.
After today's game - even the staunchest Beliema supporters are losing faith.
Beliema nor his staff have accomplished anything this year for fans or recruits to hang their hat on - nothing.
As much as I love the Hogs - I can see some of these better kids turning away from a program that can't win an SEC game.  We really needed to win that game today.
It's like asking a kid to choose Kentucky over Alabama. We are now the Kentucky of the West.

I always enjoy your post and respect your opinion, but I think your overreacting ...a dumpster fire would infer we have no hope, I disagree

If you look at the NWA kids that get a big rating and do something, it's a short list... we'll sign  a DT better than Fraizer, I have no doubt/

We are now banking on great people with great reputations recruiting in SFLA, not NWA...... give it 2 years and if there is no improvement, you were right all along.

pfrg999

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 23, 2013, 10:17:56 pm
I always enjoy your post and respect your opinion, but I think your overreacting ...a dumpster fire would infer we have no hope, I disagree

If you look at the NWA kids that get a big rating and do something, it's a short list... we'll sign  a DT better than Fraizer, I have no doubt/

We are now banking on great people with great reputations recruiting in SFLA, not NWA...... give it 2 years and if there is no improvement, you were right all along.

Look at the Bold.. Who are you speaking of?
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Calling All Hogs

Saban usually gets around 5 players out of the State of Alabama each year and cherry picks the other 49 states for 20 players. Just seems like he picks Arkansas more and more considering how small a state we are.

Coachjy

Not sure how good Frazier is anyways. The Har-ber defense could not stop the run against a pee wee football team all season long. Frazier seems to give little effort most of the snaps he's out there.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 23, 2013, 10:21:58 pm
Look at the Bold.. Who are you speaking of?

Kyle Frazier, M Mustian, D Williams, B Cook, B Allen,  just to name a few... lot a fish in the sea and S florida has a bigger sea..

Hogman2

Quote from: ICEman on November 23, 2013, 07:18:57 pm
Mr. Frazier, when you dis your home state for another, you can consider it a divorce.
Agree!  Frazier you can take your tail on DOWN TO BAMA TONIGHT! PLEASE DO NOT RETURN the rest of your life if that is how you feel! Arkansas is NOT REPRESENTED by those who leave to attend OTHER SEC schools!

Oliver

Quote from: CallMeHog on November 23, 2013, 10:26:01 pm
Saban usually gets around 5 players out of the State of Alabama each year and cherry picks the other 49 states for 20 players. Just seems like he picks Arkansas more and more considering how small a state we are.

He knows it's not difficult to sway the kids away from our train wreck of a coaching staff

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

texas tush hog

November 23, 2013, 10:40:08 pm #111 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:49:26 am by texas tush hog
Quote from: Chris D on November 23, 2013, 07:50:35 pm
Uh no.

If that is a dig towards us, then I hope he turns out like the other Frazier that plays for Auburn.

I hope he realizes that he will get no love from Arkansasans if he ever moves back. 

I don't know about that. Keith Jackson is treated like a god to some hog fans and Houston Nutt was welcomed back for a few years until he showed us his true turncoat colors. The only player to deserve his second shot was Ryan Mallett, who Nutt only wanted as a tight end.

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2013, 08:33:10 pm
I thought about that this afternoon. Four of the six teams in the SEC West are ranked in the

Top 25 this week - including two who entered today playing .500 football in conference play.

I can not believe people are finally taking seriously the giant recruiting hole the program is in every year
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hoglady

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 23, 2013, 10:17:56 pm

To have hope would require some modicum of faith in the current coaching staff. And to be perfectly honest, I have none. I'm not talking about their recruiting ability, I'm talking about this staff's coaching ability. Maybe individually we have some good coaches but as a staff - they have failed miserably.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pfrg999

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 23, 2013, 10:31:02 pm
Kyle Frazier, M Mustian, D Williams, B Cook, B Allen,  just to name a few... lot a fish in the sea and S florida has a bigger sea..

My Bad..I meant the part "Better than Frazier"... and we can't always have S. Fla... We will always have Arkansas

HighTide999

Come on hog fans, Bama will use Josh and Altee to their hightest level, probably the "play on Sunday" level.  Thank and Roll Tide

elkhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2013, 07:13:01 pm
@HImagazine: RT @JoshuaFrazier99: "Ok Arkansas I'm sorry but I've decided Alabama. I hope u will still support me when I go rep Arkansas in Alabama."

Seriously?  No, I'm afraid not.
In the meantime, some fence building needs to be done.
GO HOGS!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oliver on November 23, 2013, 10:32:18 pm
He knows it's not difficult to sway the kids away from our train wreck of a coaching staff

They should ban your stupid ass.

TNRazorbacker

What kid wouldn't play for Bama given the opportunity. Virtually guaranteed a nat championship and fast track to NFL. Hard to be upset with him over it.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 23, 2013, 10:52:50 pm
Just go away. People like you are useless

Why?
Because I've lost faith in this staff.
I supported Coach B fully when hired.
I think he and his staff have done a lousy job this year.
Maybe they get it figured out between now and next year - maybe they don't.
You don't agree that's fine.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Oliver

Torqued pork

Another week...another step backward for Arkansas football.

rlamb

Tenpenny will never be their feature back unless they have a rash of injuries. I hope the same for the turncoat Frazier. He was never explained the Eric Mitchell Law I guess.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2013, 11:03:21 pm
Why?
Because I've lost faith in this staff.
I supported Coach B fully when hired.
I think he and his staff have done a lousy job this year.
Maybe they get it figured out between now and next year - maybe they don't.
You don't agree that's fine.

If one season causes you to lose faith, you didn't have any to begin with. You're too transparent for it not to be obvious.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 23, 2013, 11:23:15 pm
If one season causes you to lose faith, you didn't have any to begin with. You're too transparent for it not to be obvious.

We'll see.
I want Beliema to succeed, because I don't like losing.
I mean who wants to go through a repeat of this year.
Hopefully, he'll get it figured out.

Marshfieldhog

I've now seen one season and I've seen enough. Between CBB whining about stupid crap, all the losses in a row, poor recruiting this year, and other stuff...it appears Jeff Long made a huge mistake. I knew CBP was going to turn us around after year 1, CBB not so much. Hope I'm wrong

jbcarol

Quote from: elkhog on November 23, 2013, 10:48:09 pm
Seriously?  No, I'm afraid not.
In the meantime, some fence building needs to be done.

On the flip side that fence needs to ensure that the best outside are not kept on the outside looking in.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Jek Tono Porkins

I'm not too worried, we got Bijohn Jackson coming in and he's better than Frazier anyway.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Fayettechill14

Meh, I'll sound like sour grapes, but I wasn't impressed with him in either Har-Ber game I saw live.

Friday night, Conway manhandled him. He had one nice TFL and a couple other stops, but Conway ran right at him plenty of times and their QB Breylin Smith (who will be a D-I prospect) never came close to being sacked all game. Conway had 500 yards of offense and won 52-42.

lahawg1

When you join the enemy you become the enemy..........

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: AuburnsBack on November 23, 2013, 09:05:48 pm
Yes but as I just mentioned, there was hope (like y'all had at the beginning of the season) and that hope as turned into joy. That joy looks to be sustainable as long as Gus is our head coach.

It is really hard for me to imagine the motivation to come on a rival board and get your kicks out of talking up your team. Kindof shows your personality. Don't you think?

Poop Hoggy Hogg

be honest. You wouldn't tell your talented kid to play for Arkansas right now. That would be a career killer. I'd tell my kid to play for Fresno State before telling him to play for the hogs. At least he'd start and he'd be winning and going to BCS bowls.

hogcard1964

I thought our recruiting was supposed to magically improve once Bielema was named our head coach?  What were we last season, 11th in the SEC?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 23, 2013, 10:17:22 pm
Got nothing against the kid for picking bama but if he thinks he can have his cake and eat it too in this situation he's delusional.

Not gonna get any support from Arkansas fans in a bama jersey sorry man.
nor when you come back if you do

Hogfaniam

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 24, 2013, 07:56:00 am
I thought our recruiting was supposed to magically improve once Bielema was named our head coach?  What were we last season, 11th in the SEC?

Who said this?  BB's claim to fame is development.  Right?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 24, 2013, 01:00:14 am
Meh, I'll sound like sour grapes, but I wasn't impressed with him in either Har-Ber game I saw live.

Friday night, Conway manhandled him. He had one nice TFL and a couple other stops, but Conway ran right at him plenty of times and their QB Breylin Smith (who will be a D-I prospect) never came close to being sacked all game. Conway had 500 yards of offense and won 52-42.

Maybe maybe not, fact Saben personally watches every play of every player he offers and that record speaks for it self.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Hogfaniam

Quote from: SSJ on November 24, 2013, 08:05:24 am
Maybe maybe not, fact Saben personally watches every play of every player he offers and that record speaks for it self.

I kinda side with saban and smart on fraziers ability and potential.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 24, 2013, 08:00:33 am
Who said this?  BB's claim to fame is development.  Right?

No, it's recruiting.  At least that's been the claim since he was hired.  ..."We need to give him (fill in the blank) years, so he has his players before we judge him".  The number of years varies from "2 years" to "7 years".

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 24, 2013, 08:17:19 am
No, it's recruiting.  At least that's been the claim since he was hired.  ..."We need to give him (fill in the blank) years, so he has his players before we judge him".  The number of years varies from "2 years" to "7 years".

Actually the board "insiders" have said both Coach B developer of talent and the staff greatest recruiting people since the 60's both right now has been just talk but so was Gruden.. 
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on November 23, 2013, 10:41:42 pm
I can not believe people are finally taking seriously the giant recruiting hole the program is in every year

and i can not believe that some people still dont get that, due to the giant recruiting hole and disadvantage we are in every year, we are going to have to be a little more creative and innovative in our approach to games on the field.

football 101 is not going to work against the teams who wrote the book.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 24, 2013, 08:17:19 am

I haven't seen any numbers on Bielema being a master of recruiting by the stars.  I have seen where he has taken walk ons and two stars and helped put them in the league.  Which kinda plays to Arkansas's need since, apparently, according to many on this board, Fayetteville sucks so bad that no big name short of Dmac wants to go there.

milton14

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2013, 08:09:35 pm
Yep - as much as I hate Texas.
Sure would like to see Saban head their way.
Me 2

antonio65

He should have waited to announce that if he was smart.  He might as well leave the state now. At least he waited until his team made an early exit from the state playoffs.

Jim Bo From Fort Smith

Everybody on Danny Ford need to get their facts straight.  Ford took over program in 92 and three years later did something that had never been done at Arkansas - He won SEC West OUTRIGHT!  (Nutt only went to SEC championship game via tiebreaker.)  The so-called awesome Arkansas fans did not support Ford.  (I was at the game in Little Rock in 95 where Arkansas could win SEC West outright with win, and there was a whole corner of the stadium full of empty seats.)  With Arkansas fans howling about Ford's conservative offense during rebuilding year in 96 (but successful offense - after all he has something no Arkansas coach in history has every had - an AP national championship ring.), he caved in to Meddling Frank to hire nfl assistant Kay Stephenson to install pro-style offense for 97 season.  Yeah we struggled in 97, but look what Ford left Nutt in 98 (a national championship contender).

Arkansas fans need to get off of Danny Ford.  At least know the facts before you criticize a guy that would have built an elite program with the fan, booster, and administrative support that a national championship winning coach deserved.

hogcard1964

Quote from: SSJ on November 24, 2013, 08:32:04 am
Actually the board "insiders" have said both Coach B developer of talent and the staff greatest recruiting people since the 60's both right now has been just talk but so was Gruden..

The list of attributes of Bielema's leadership qualities appears to be "evolving" a bit.

That may happen after going from a 4 - 8 record under the guidance of a coach that was clinically mentally deficient to a 3 - 9 record under the guidance of the second coming.

Hogmeier

I think the timing of this commitment is interesting. Not after the hog loss, but after the har-ber loss to Conway Friday night. (BTW, very happy conway won that game now!)

Anyway, again kid, don't let the door hit ya on the way out of town!  :razorback:

three hog night

We have enough to cry about.   We have Bijohn to add to Philon et al.   We will be fine without him, but would have been better with him.   We need to let go of this issue.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Sivad

Quote from: Jim Bo From Fort Smith on November 24, 2013, 08:56:50 am
Everybody on Danny Ford need to get their facts straight.  Ford took over program in 92 and three years later did something that had never been done at Arkansas - He won SEC West OUTRIGHT!  (Nutt only went to SEC championship game via tiebreaker.)  The so-called awesome Arkansas fans did not support Ford.  (I was at the game in Little Rock in 95 where Arkansas could win SEC West outright with win, and there was a whole corner of the stadium full of empty seats.)  With Arkansas fans howling about Ford's conservative offense during rebuilding year in 96 (but successful offense - after all he has something no Arkansas coach in history has every had - an AP national championship ring.), he caved in to Meddling Frank to hire nfl assistant Kay Stephenson to install pro-style offense for 97 season.  Yeah we struggled in 97, but look what Ford left Nutt in 98 (a national championship contender).
Arkansas fans need to get off of Danny Ford.  At least know the facts before you criticize a guy that would have built an elite program with the fan, booster, and administrative support that a national championship winning coach deserved.
One of our biggest mistakes.
Danny Ford should have been given one more year and the chance to win with the team he had built from the ruins. He left the Nuttster a disciplined, organized, tough and talented team.

Sivad

His picking Alabama is a disappointment, but...
His being from Arkansas and then throwing his "Countdown", his goofy comments and his tweets in our faces is what rips it with many fans.
If you live in Arkansas and pick another school over us, just announce it and move on, leave out the unappreciated and unnecessary fake drama.

El Puerco

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 23, 2013, 08:11:30 pm
It's going to take NFL money to move Saban

He can't eat any better, fly any better, vacation any better etc. Money is no longer a motivating factor.