Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN - Ranking week 1 SEC Games

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 24, 2016, 03:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JackMcQueen

I think our game is a little better off than South Carolina/Vanderbilt.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Prestworthy

GoHogs1091

Don't be surprised if Ole Miss loses to Florida State by at least 20 points.

Don't be surprised if Auburn loses to Clemson by at least 30 points.

A lot of elite player talent and a lot of elite Assistant coaching that Ole Miss and Auburn will be facing.

factchecker

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 24, 2016, 06:22:44 pm

A lot of elite player talent and a lot of elite Assistant coaching that Ole Miss and Auburn will be facing.

I hope so.

What do you think about the Georgia vs. North Carolina matchup?  I want Kirby and Chaney to get stomped.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lefty08

It's gonna be a fantastic first week
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

GoHogs1091

Quote from: factchecker on May 24, 2016, 06:33:20 pm
I hope so.

What do you think about the Georgia vs. North Carolina matchup?  I want Kirby and Chaney to get stomped.

North Carolina lost a lot of players from their last season team.  Last season's North Carolina team probably could have beaten this season's Georgia team.

North Carolina may keep it close for a half (primarily because Chaney's play calling is rather sub par), but North Carolina losing all of those players, and Georgia's depth, means Georgia should be able take control during the 3rd and 4th Quarters.

Murr

Quote from: lefty08 on May 24, 2016, 06:35:20 pm

I'm glad the SEC saved a couple of gems for week 2.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

May 25, 2016, 02:54:07 am #8 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:41:48 pm by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: factchecker on May 24, 2016, 06:33:20 pm
I hope so.

Yeah.  I hope that SEC teams lose and the conference correspondingly loses national respect as well.
That way, when an SEC team finishes 6-6 or 7-5, people won't comment on how good those teams would be in a different conference and would get a bowl game like the "Sliced November Yams Bowl" instead of the "Texas Bowl", or an 11-2 team (SECC) would be overlooked for the playoffs in a year with five one loss teams due to not having the perception of the toughest conference to play in.

/sarcasm
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

TUSKtimes

This is an incredible lineup of national contending teams willing to put it on the line on opening day. Can only be one reason that would move so many intrepid coaches and ADs to all move in unison with tough OOC games. Playoffs. Yep, That 4 team playoff thing is rapidly changing the landscape of college football. What's next, 9 sec conference games?

DeltaBoy

Looking forward to seeing Bama and USC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JackMcQueen on May 24, 2016, 03:40:40 pm
against La Tech? naw, man, that's a conference game.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TUSKtimes on May 25, 2016, 07:07:20 am
This is an incredible lineup of national contending teams willing to put it on the line on opening day. Can only be one reason that would move so many intrepid coaches and ADs to all move in unison with tough OOC games. Playoffs. Yep, That 4 team playoff thing is rapidly changing the landscape of college football. What's next, 9 sec conference games?
Maybe in exchange for an 8 team playoff the SEC will agree to 9 games. Would be awesome.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bigdaddyhawg

The prospect of USC's Cheerleader coaching his first SEC game, which as the article pointed out, could be a loss, is pretty freaking enticing.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogcard1964

I think the SEC could lose quite a few of these week 1 games.

SemperHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on May 24, 2016, 06:35:20 pm
It really is... I may gain 40lbs just based on the high level of consumption and the low level of movement over that 3 day period!

go hogues

I'm thinking the opposite. OM may be the SEC team to beat this season.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Deep Shoat

Quote from: go hogues on May 25, 2016, 03:28:04 pm
no
All Gas, No Brakes!

TUSKtimes

Quote from: go hogues on May 25, 2016, 03:28:04 pm

I'm thinking hybrid spread teams struggle matching up with one and all in the mighty SEC. I'm thinking, lots of youth and more than a few legitimate distractions are on the agenda as well.

Not a good recipe for slugging through the west side of town.

code red

I hope not.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PorkSoda

Quote from: code red on May 25, 2016, 06:37:53 pm
I hope not.
ditto, I hope we have it in the bag by the second qtr, but LTech is no slouch.  It may end up closer than we hope.  With TCU coming the next week, we need to start strong.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 25, 2016, 06:47:58 pm
ditto, I hope we have it in the bag by the second qtr, but LTech is no slouch.  It may end up closer than we hope.  With TCU coming the next week, we need to start strong.

But no Jeff Driskel.   

Hoggish1

Bingo, but the Ole missy sissies will lose by more than 20...

Hoggish1

TDHawgs

Ole Miss brings back their good QB, but they lost a lot of starters from their team.  They actually bring back the least of the whole SEC...  yes, they do have talent, but I still don't look for them to make a run, and could very easily lose to Florida State.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2016-most-returning-starters-by-sec-team/

SemperHawg

Quote from: TDHawgs on May 26, 2016, 10:12:27 am
Ole Miss brings back their good QB, but they lost a lot of starters from their team.  They actually bring back the least of the whole SEC...  yes, they do have talent, but I still don't look for them to make a run, and could very easily lose to Florida State.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2016-most-returning-starters-by-sec-team/
I could easily see a scenario where Ole Miss starts 2-4.  Losses to FSU, Bama, Georgia, and us.  We are sandwiched right in between Memphis (always tough for them due to proximity and Memphis plays that game like its their super bowl) and a trip to LSU.  With all of that NCAA stuff floating around the wheels could come off of that thing pretty quick for them.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: TDHawgs on May 26, 2016, 10:12:27 am

This who's returning stuff seems to always stop with who started the game. While we have our slide rule out, why not add up the actual minutes the subs were in the game taking meaningful snaps? The schemes, from spread to pro-set, passing teams and those inclined otherwise change personnel so much.

Why not try to define experience in better terms?