Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are some teams that the hogs have never played or beat that you want to see?

Started by Ben, May 24, 2016, 10:27:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

For me it would be all of the big 10 teams theyve never played or beat. Maybe Notre Dame and Florida St as well
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Cinco de Hogo

I don't know if we've never played Colorado but I wouldn't mind playing them in The Republic of Boulder ever other year. 

One of the directional Florida schools.

Oregon or Washington(not state)

San Diego State(just don't want to go to LA)

Got Michigan so that will do me for B10 schools.

Ben

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 24, 2016, 10:39:41 am
I don't know if we've never played Colorado but I wouldn't mind playing them in The Republic of Boulder ever other year. 

I think the hogs have played all the florida directional schools. The only florida team they haven played yet is Florida St and FAU, which i can see them scheduling FAU soon
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.

Torqued pork

Notre Dame. The name still carries a lot of weight, but they almost never live up to the hype.

elksnort

Quote from: Ben on May 24, 2016, 10:27:16 am
For me it would be all of the big 10 teams theyve never played or beat. Maybe Notre Dame and Florida St as well
It's interesting in regards to many of our fans' view of the Big Ten. When was the last time Arkansas has defeated a Big Ten team? I will hang up and listen.

We blew a great opportunity to beat a team from a huge market, Rutgers.

Our team needs to start winning against non Big 12 teams in bowls and big match ups.

MJ2

All jokes aside, I want to play some really weak pushovers.   Whatever it takes to rack up some wins.  (P.S. no more Toledos or TT's, they don't play fair.)

flagstaffhog

Quote from: Torqued pork on May 24, 2016, 12:04:03 pm
Notre Dame. The name still carries a lot of weight, but they almost never live up to the hype.

The above post says it all in my opinion....

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redleg

Arkansas is 1-9 versus Florida, and that lone victory came in the 1982 Bluebonnet Bowl when the Hogs were still in the old SWC. So I really want a conference win over the Gators, and 2016 would seem to be a good year to do it!
The Hogs have never played Arizona, Colorado, Clemson, Florida St, Notre Dame, Michigan St, Virginia, Va Tech, or Syracuse. I would like to see a two game series with any of those schools.

Here is a very cool website for any college football fan!:
http://www.winsipedia.com/
Click on "Compare", and you can compare any team versus any other team!
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

factchecker

I would like for us to schedule nothing but P5 programs in the future.  Here is a list of all the P5 programs we have yet to play:

Every P5 program that we've never played:

Arizona
Boston College
Clemson
Colorado
Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Syracuse
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West Virginia

source: r/cfb

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redleg

Quote from: factchecker on May 24, 2016, 02:13:50 pm
I would like for us to schedule nothing but P5 programs in the future.  Here is a list of all the P5 programs we have yet to play:

Every P5 program that we've never played:

Arizona
Boston College
Clemson
Colorado
Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Syracuse
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West Virginia

source: r/cfb
That's a novel idea, but it's not gonna happen. There will always be a Tulsa, or a Lafayette, or a Missouri St on the schedule somewhere. But the now enforced SEC rule that all SEC teams must play at least one P5 school is a good rule...although Miss St is skirting it by playing BYU. I am pretty sure this is the Mississippi school rule, since Miss St and Ole Miss were only scheduling "Sisters of the Poor" teams while everyone else was playing Texas Tech, and TCU, and Va Tech, and Wisconsin, or their traditional in-state non-conference rival teams like Louisville and Ga Tech.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

factchecker

The hardest part of scheduling P5 schools is the contract.  Most P5 contracts will guarantee a home-and-home series.  This means you will lose a home game every other year... whereas with G5 schools you essentially buy out half the contract and keep the bulk of your non-cons at home. 

I would be interested if scheduling a home-and-home with a school like Notre Dame would be more financially beneficial than paying a G5 to play.  You lose a home game one season but you gain a marquee matchup.  I would venture to say that playing a lower tier P5 school like Kansas would be more beneficial than playing a G5 program.  P5 programs, even in down years, usually bring in more money because of larger fan-bases.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

Notre Dame was the first name that came to my mind. Free Shoes U would be next.

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

ChicoHog

I'm in the camp that says we should never play FCS schools.  I don't mind one game vs a Sum Belt or similar type team but the other OOC games should be against P5 or a least a Mtn West or AAC type schools. 

Snouty

Notre Dame is first on my list, too.  I'd also like to see the Razorbacks play Penn State. 

We've played Oklahoma but not very often.  That game would generate a lot of interest.
I believe the only time Arkansas played Nebraska was in the 1965 Cotton Bowl.  That would
be a good game, too.

Hawghiggs

I would like for us to be cutthroat in our scheduling. No FCS schools for one. But I would like for us to play teams that we know we can beat. like Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Boston College, or even West Virginia. We need to build some winning seasons.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

j-mann

Quote from: Hawghiggs on May 24, 2016, 10:35:01 pm
I would like for us to be cutthroat in our scheduling. No FCS schools for one. But I would like for us to play teams that we know we can beat. like Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Boston College, or even West Virginia. We need to build some winning seasons.
+ 1
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

bennyl08

@Oregon State so I can see my hogs play.

Though I'd probably shell out money to see them play the Ducks as well. I think we would do pretty well against them and it'd certainly be a more high profile game than vs the beavs.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

AirWarren

Arkansas vs Penn State would be cool. Home game at Beaver Stadium then at DWRRS.

West Virginia vs Arkansas would be cool too. Call it the Hillbilly bowl and we could play for the bumpkin trophy. :D

SugarHillGaHog

Georgia Tech.  I think some guy named Frank came from there.  They play old school football and I like that.  Plus close enough to go watch.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: AP85 on May 25, 2016, 09:31:45 pm
Arkansas vs Penn State would be cool. Home game at Beaver Stadium then at DWRRS.

West Virginia vs Arkansas would be cool too. Call it the Hillbilly bowl and we could play for the bumpkin trophy. :D

There are some good ideas here...but I really like these 2. Penn State has big history, but without the constant, pompous press as Notre Dame gets. Love the home and home idea. Penn State–Arkansas just sounds good. And, I'd like to avenge a few painful Big 10 losses—Ohio State, Michigan and Minnesota.

WV is kinda cool for the reason you said. There could be a bootleg whiskey cook-off before the game.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 24, 2016, 10:39:41 am

why not Alaska ? :)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Snouty on May 24, 2016, 10:06:46 pm
Notre Dame is first on my list, too.  I'd also like to see the Razorbacks play Penn State. 

We've played Oklahoma but not very often.  That game would generate a lot of interest.
I believe the only time Arkansas played Nebraska was in the 1965 Cotton Bowl.  That would
be a good game, too.
Me too. Too bad JoePa couldn't make it.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ChicoHog

Growing up a big ND fan I would love to see that game.  For selfish reasons I would love a game at Cal or Stanford so I could go to the game.  heck, I would even drive up to Corvallis or Eugene and meet up with Benny if we play the Beavers or the Ducks.  But I would be satisfied with any decent FBS teams. 

Andrew Hogfan

ND
Penn St
Arizona
FSU
Oregon
Duke
I really like the idea of GA Tech too
WPS!!!

hobhog

Oregon and their neon Nike BS. But we'd have to win or it would just make it worse....

Tequilin' Time

just please take down Coach Khaki pants and Meeshegan in 2017.  I want to see him cry like the bi¢# he is.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on May 26, 2016, 01:19:07 pm
just please take down Coach Khaki pants and Meeshegan in 2017.  I want to see him cry like the bi¢# he is.

He whines a lot, but there's no better coach in the country at being able to turn a joke team into a contender.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgzinbowlz

Notre Dame in a National Championship Game...The media coverage/story lines would be phenomenal.

...And they've underperformed as of late.

" GO HOGS "

j-mann

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 26, 2016, 08:18:21 pm
Notre Dame in a National Championship Game...The media coverage/story lines would be phenomenal.

...And they've underperformed as of late.

" GO HOGS "
yes had atwater not drop that pass in the orange bowl    aga Mia   Notre Dame in dallas would had been a great game   

elksnort

Quote from: j-mann on May 26, 2016, 08:29:05 pm
  yes had atwater not drop that pass in the orange bowl    aga Mia   Notre Dame in dallas would had been a great game   
And the Hogs were capable of winning that match

hogfan58

THE ohio state.

The Sugar Bowl screwed us by allowing the tat brothers to play in the game, then their win was vacated. Plus I can't stand Urban.

Next would be OU, then ND.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

ALLVOL

The team I'd like to see Hogs play is Penn State. It's hard to believe they've never played. I'd love to see the Hogs route Franklin and his team.
I'll jump on board with ND too. With the Holtz connection that would make the hype on ESPN ever bigger.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogfan58 on May 27, 2016, 06:54:20 am
THE ohio state.

The Sugar Bowl screwed us by allowing the tat brothers to play in the game, then their win was vacated. Plus I can't stand Urban.

Next would be OU, then ND.

I, for one, didn't want those thugs suspended for the Sugar Bowl.  I wanted to beat them at full strength, not with their very best players on the sideline so they'd have a ready-made excuse if we did win.  And if not for the brain-fart that prevented the scoop 'n score, we would have beaten them at full strength.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 27, 2016, 08:09:43 am
I, for one, didn't want those thugs suspended for the Sugar Bowl.  I wanted to beat them at full strength, not with their very best players on the sideline so they'd have a ready-made excuse if we did win.  And if not for the brain-fart that prevented the scoop 'n score, we would have beaten them at full strength.
I agree

hobhog

Agree, but the"Tatgate" thing was a joke that ended up costing people jobs. And the reason they played was for the "integrity of the bowl" or some BS like that.

End of day it was a OSU win in history books. No one  outside of Arkansas remembers issues just results. Shouldn't have played the thugs and wouldn't happen in today's environment.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hobhog on May 27, 2016, 08:39:00 am
Agree, but the"Tatgate" thing was a joke that ended up costing people jobs. And the reason they played was for the "integrity of the bowl" or some BS like that.

End of day it was a OSU win in history books. No one  outside of Arkansas remembers issues just results. Shouldn't have played the thugs and wouldn't happen in today's environment.....

Oh, I agree we should have played somebody else because the Sugar Bowl should have "uninvited" them once the breadth of the scandal came to light.  But if it was going to be Ohio State, then I didn't want them short-handed.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Torqued pork

Ben

Torqued pork

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 27, 2016, 09:10:38 am
Oh, I agree we should have played somebody else because the Sugar Bowl should have "uninvited" them once the breadth of the scandal came to light.  But if it was going to be Ohio State, then I didn't want them short-handed.

If you knew a bank had employees that stole form their customers but it was the only bank available would you want to put your money in that bank before or after those employees got what was coming to them?

hogfan58

So our guys should have played in the Orange Bowl back in '78 even though they had been suspended, just so we could have been at full strength? Plus one of our best players was hurt, that's the breaks.

Rules are rules and if they are broken, you pay the price. Those players broke the rules and should have been suspended. It happens before every bowl game and why the Sugar Bowl made an exception for tOSU was a joke.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

jkstock04

Typically out of conference teams that I have seen whip up on us or beat us in upset fashion I don't really have any desire to see us try it again. USC west??? Ughhhh no thanks. I'd like a lobotomy to have that series erased from memory.

But I agree with the masses it would be really cool to play ND. Would like to see us play Oregon....and I'm really looking forward to this Michigan match up. I'll be making that road trip.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys